Kingdon-Level Napoleonic Setting

Michael Hopcroft

I just got my hands on the Ultimate Base PDF today and I'm trying to wrap my brain around the Kingdom rules.

One exercise in learning the Kingdom game that I would like to try sometime is a Napoleonic era game. The Kingdoms are the powers of Europe and the Characters attached are leaders such as Napoleon Bonaparte. The game would reflect the ebb and flow of international power; as Napoleon wins and loses campaigns, for example, France's influence and power waxes and wanes, and likewise for the other great powers.

I'm wondering how that would work and also how to write up the powers and leaders themselves. Applying RPG stats to historical figures is always tricky as we all know.

Does anyone know if there's a base pack for HD that includes the Kingdom template, or is that just too out there to even consider?

Re: Kingdon-Level Napoleonic Setting

I thought it said Klingon-level Napoleonic. :(

The question is whether Napoleon would be considered honorable by the Klingons, because while he did have enormous success he did escape Russia while his army was virtually exterminated. In theory, a Klingon general would never abandon his army and leave them to their fate.

• 3 months later...

:sneaky:

You could avoid the snags' date=' differing opinions, and second guessing of historical translations by going fictional. Use an alternate universe of your own design based on the Napoleonic Era of our world. No one can give you grief over your vision of Tabletopia or Hopcroftland.[/quote']

No, no, NO! While Hopcroftland had some interesting tactical inovations, you are SERIOUSLY under representing Tabletopia's industrial capacity!

• 2 weeks later...

Hopcroftland's only chance would have been to knock Tabletopia out of the fight before they got their industry spun up. They should have followed up their sneak attack at the Coffee Stain with an invasion.

The problem is that Hopcroftland didn't have the logistics to launch a campaign through The Florals. Tabletopia was a pacifistic nation though, and probably would never have geared up for a war if they hadn't been forced into it by the Coffee Stain Affair.

BTW: I pronounce it table TOPE ia, does anyone call it table TAHP ia?

Midas

(Sorry it's taken so long to reply, dratted TRW always screwing up priorities)