Can't land

Chaosliege

Question

Steve,

I am currently making a fire based character with the usual powers (FF,EB,DS, Flight). I have given the limitation OIHID on his fire powers to simulate having to "turn on" and the I gave him the limitation accidental change when soked with water or knocked unconcious to simulate puting him out. Another effect I was hoping to add was that he has to remain flying while his powers are "on". I was thinking of placing the "always on" limitation on the flight, but in order to have "always on" it has to be "0 END" and "persistant" which doesn't fit the idea of a power that is OIHID. So my question is, What would be an apropriate limitation level for this effect?

1 answer to this question

To make sure I understand what you're asking, I'm going to rephrase the question from a more "generic" perspective. That way we're all on the same page.

You're asking: If a character has a suite of related powers (Fire Powers, in this case), which includes some Constant powers such as Force Field and Damage Shield. He also has Flight, and the Flight should always function as long as any of his Constant powers are active. The Flight costs END.

The only restriction I see here is that the character has to pay the extra END for the Flight. He can simply choose to use his Flight by hovering a couple of centimeters off the ground, paying 1 END for minuscule use of Flight. In many cases, he's going to want to use Flight while these other powers are active (in fact, probably in most cases), so he's not hindered at all then.

At most, I think this guy might deserve a 5-point Physical Limitation, or a -1/4 (maximum) Side Effect on the Constant powers. Frankly, though, given the relatively minor nature of what you're talking about, it would probably work just as well not to give him any Limitation/Disadvantage and not worry about it. ;)