Gemini Ascendant: Reborn

Nolgroth

Re: Gemini Ascendant: Reborn

Posting from my laptop on the Barnes & Noble hotspot... SHITZEN BUT THIS IS GETTING OLD!!! I finally got Comcast to send a technician out to my place. He is supposed to be here by 4:00 pm Monday afternoon. I hope he can get me squared away. Terrie and I are both going into game withdrawal :D As soon as I can manage it I think I am going to go back to DSL. I never had any of these problems with it, and it ran about twice the speed. I will keep you guys posted on my progress.

• Replies 87
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I finally got things working again. I have a brand spanking new cable modem. I dumped McAfee, it was locking up and dropping my connection even with the new modem. I had to un-install Firefox, it somehow became corrupted. I installed Norton Security Suite, provided by Comcast, and it promptly found 5 viruses (or is that Viri), 7 trojans, and 44 spyware trackers. My systems, and network are now screaming with blistering speed again. I have tested it everyway I can and everything seems fast and stable. The final test will be tomorrow night when we try to log in for the game. Wish me luck :D

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE

I just talked to Nolgroth, he had server problems, OS problems, and now internet problems. He also has to get up very early in the AM, so it seems unlikely we'll have the server up. I'd do it myself but we never have been able to get anyone to log in when I'm hosting. :( Nolgy will call me if he gets the server up but I don't expect that. He said he's planning on being ready next week, though.

I do have one request, as I may be running next week if Nolgy doesn't have the session ready or if we have another odd roster. Have a character *concept* for a member of the crew of a spaceship - medical, command, security, maintenance, whatever. Don't bother working up any stats, I'll be working up stats and we'll have to coordinate on skills after we start. As long as you know "who* the character is, you're good to go. Sounds odd, but it's an odd concept pretty much specifically designed to reduce workload on the players and make it easier to have people come and go as needed.

We'll see if it works. :) I'm working on some maps and descriptions.

Sorry folks. Lost track of my days. Sometimes happens when you don't have a steady schedule. I completely understand the desire to pull out. Good luck and I'll see you around. Thanks for being part of the game when it was strong and all of the patience you have shown lately. If I ever get myself back to the point where I can commit to a weekly game, I'll post a message in the Player Finder or something.

-James