Conspiracy Theories

Bolon

I am wondering about anyone or any reference for the murky conspiracy theories. I have recently seen the Jesse Ventura's Conspiracy Theory and wonder if Dark Champions or any players have come up with some wonderful ideas on how to create a world with these theories being active. They could create wonderful adventures beyond the common crime stories. I would love to hear on any resources, adventure ideas or success game ideas that have gone this route. It can be Dark Champions or Champions in nature as a lot of theories could easily be 4 colour versus the gritty nature of DC. This might also be a good idea for a resource book for the system with the dark organizations behind the theories. (Hint,hint)

Re: Conspiracy Theories

I am wondering about anyone or any reference for the murky conspiracy theories.....This might also be a good idea for a resource book for the system with the dark organizations behind the theories. (Hint' date='hint)[/quote']

You might want to take a gander here:

http://surbrook.devermore.net/herosource/pulp_hero/montauk/montauk.html

Besides giving some details about the supposed "Montauk Project" (which I am not certain if the former governor has covered in his series as of yet) it also includes some character sheets and gaming use breakdowns.....

And take a look here:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_conspiracy_theories

for a list of/links to conspiracy theory stuff on Wikipedia.....

-Carl-

Out of curiosity are you talking about some kind of show? or Ventura having a conspiracy theory of his own? (actually I believe Ventura admitted to believing the 911 conspiracy' date=' which might be why I am confused a little)[/quote']

The OP was referring to a cable TV series called Conspiracy Theory which is hosted by Jesse Ventura. It is a semi-reality/documentary/expose style show, hitting such varied things as the Plum Island Biowar Laboratory, The Bilderberg Group, HAARP, some company that is suppose to be buying up control of water world-wide, etc...A whole gamut of things. Some of which, when held side by side, can be argued to be mutually exclusive (ie: only one can be true not both) though each episode he (the former Gov) implies that the conspiracy de'jour is a real one....

Definitely some gaming potential....but not, IMNSHO, so much journalism.

-Carl-

I would highly recommend a reading of The Illuminatus Trilogy - it is a wonderful little acid trip of a book that manages to tie together just about every conspiracy theory and new age mysticism and aliens and ancient history all into a nice convoluted story. It should, at the very least, give you some ideas, as well as some possibly interesting events to throw at your players. It might also give you some insight into how to role-play conspiracy nuts :D