The Ruins Of Detroit

Steve Long

Re: The Ruins Of Detroit

We are hoping that Mayor Bing can begin to address this. They have started holding neighborhood talks. The biggest problem is that the city is too big for its population and too much money is spent operating services for parts of the city that are dead. Detroit really needs to condense its population to a manageable area and then turn the rest in to green swaths with light rail spidering out to the suburbs, making it even easier for people to get back into the city.

Re: The Ruins Of Detroit

An area that might be deserted due to unsafe water system or maybe hazardous waste dumping within a game city like Hudson City or any other would create an interesting area. You need a reason for mass exit of people from an area. I think even somewhere like New Orleans after Katrina would be a good example with multiple zones. As I hear, many who left, never returned as they put roots down elsewhere.

For Champions, imagine the mutant heroes who arise from the contaminated areas or zones. Star Hero games can include such areas after the ravages of war or evil. Galactic Champions can include this after the evil of a villain. It could even be contaminated by evil uncontrolled magic or demonic curse. Who knows what could lurk in such areas. I do like the idea of a light rail line travelling through these areas that would actually be something others can hitch a ride on. What wonderful ideas are arising!!!!!!!!