Sidekick Reception

Lord Liaden

(If the HERO Games management feels that this topic violates the playtesting process, I won't object to having it removed.) :)

I was curious as to how the HERO System Sidekick was going down with HERO novices, so I thought I'd address the question to people involved in the playtesting process or just using Sidekick with their gaming group. I'm not asking for details of the manuscript or what parts are or are not working - that would be unfair at this stage of the process. I would just like to know how your players are responding to it in general: Is it making the teaching process easier? Are they more enthusiastic (or at least less intimidated) about learning the rules this way? Anyone mention that they're intrigued enough to want to pick up more Hero Games products (especially the main rulebook)? :D

At this stage of the process I'd prefer that playtester response come to me instead of being made public, so with all due respect to Lord L. I've shut this thread down. However, please feel free to ask again in about a month, LL, after the deadline for reporting has passed. ;)

I will say that so far I'm pleased with the way playtesting has gone, and I have been told by one playtester that a member of his playtest group has bought the 5E rulebook because he liked the Sidekick PDF so much. Hopefully it's the start of a trend. ;)