The Incredible Hulk

Enforcer84

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Incredible Hulk

I, personally, am good with the Hulk having Martial Arts to represent brawling. He's kind of an idiot savant when it comes to fighting, anyway ... I read something that claimed that he has never hurt or killed anybody in his rampages that he wasn't intending to (thus why his casualty levels are surprisingly low considering his high level of property damage). Except for the Savage Hulk, I'd even consider giving them some extra INT or something that's limited to 'combat cunning'.

They mention the low body count in the comic vine entry.

I believe it was mentioned by Doc Samson in the Lifeforce Annual that he has nightmares and was in therapy due to the thousands of people the Hulk killed during the rampage that occurred after Samson physically separated the Hulk from Banner (roughly 314 - 319).

Also, I love the Abomination write-up. He's one of my favorite villains and way underrated outside of the Peter David stuff. A Russian James Bond in the Hulk's body? Yes please. I believe he may be fully amphibious (water breathing and possibly environmental movement) but I can't recall where I read this, Namor perhaps?

The Marvel Database (Wiki) confirms the Abominations ability to breath water. It also mentions he enters a state of suspended animation in extreme cold or lack of oxygen allowing him to survive almost indefinately. Wikipedia copies this information. But I can't think of an issue where he is seen to do this. However, since he is a copy of the Hulk in most ways, and Hulk can breath water...

The Marvel Database (Wiki) confirms the Abominations ability to breath water. It also mentions he enters a state of suspended animation in extreme cold or lack of oxygen allowing him to survive almost indefinately. Wikipedia copies this information. But I can't think of an issue where he is seen to do this. However' date=' since he is a copy of the Hulk in most ways, and Hulk can breath water...[/quote']

Cool. My research was somewhat lacking. Though I knew about the Suspended Animation (it happened when he went into space, I believe) but wasn't sure how to model it.

The Hulk's breathing has evolved and is triggered by his healing factor which is superior to Abominations (at least it was) but I'll fix the amphibiusness :)

More more!

How about the Maestro?

Rhino? he's sorta gamma powered.

Sasquatch?...yah, I know.

Oh oh, what about Madman?

A-Bomb and Rulk? She-Rulk?

Ravage, Flux, Halflife?...nah never mind them.

What about Skaar!?

My plans include the Rulks and Abomb.

Madman maybe. Sasquatch? Could be fun But he's not a Gamma.

I'd considered Ogress, Hotshot, and some of the others from Leader's group.

I should go with the Maestro, so count on him too.

What sources do you rely on for your write-ups' date=' Enforcer? I have a short bit of about 7 or 8 that I use (plus my own collection).[/quote']

Comic Vine, Marvel Wikia, Ultimate Marvel Appendix? ...I usually google the character and one of my fave sites shows up

and since they by and large swipe from each other...

My plans include the Rulks and Abomb.

Madman maybe. Sasquatch? Could be fun But he's not a Gamma.

I'd considered Ogress, Hotshot, and some of the others from Leader's group.

I should go with the Maestro, so count on him too.

How about Rick Jones’ “teen Hulk” identity? It didn't last long but I've always been found of it.

The Leader

THE LEADER

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

17 DEX 21 12- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

15 CON 10 12-

15 BODY 10 12-

50 INT 40 19- PER Roll 19-

16 EGO 12 12- ECV: 5

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

2 COM -4 9-

8+21 PD 5 Total: 8/29 PD (0/21 rPD)

8+21 ED 5 Total: 8/29 ED (0/21 rED)

5 SPD 23 Phases: 3, 5, 8, 10, 12

6 REC 0

30 END 0

31 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 132

Movement: Running: 6"/12"

Leaping: 3"/6"

Swimming: 2"/4"

Cost Powers END

96 Onboard Modular Toys: VPP (Gadget Pool), 75 base + 21 control cost, (112 Active Points); VPP Can Only Be Changed Between Adventures (-½); all slots IIF ((IIF or OIF); -¼)

180 Other Toys: Variable Power Pool (Gadget Pool), 150 base + 30 control cost, (225 Active Points); VPP Powers Can Be Changed Only at Lab/Base (-½); all slots OAF (-1)

75 Psionic Might: Multipower, 75-point reserve

7u 1) Domination: Mind Control 10d6 (Human class of minds), Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼), Telepathic (+¼) (75 Active Points) 3

7u 2) Mind Blast: Ego Attack 6d6 (Human class of minds), Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (75 Active Points) 3

7u 3) Psychokinesis: Telekinesis (50 STR) (75 Active Points) 7

Hyper Intelligence

17 1) Accuracy: +5 with Ranged Combat (25 Active Points); Only To Increase OCV (-½)

15 2) Alertness: Danger Sense (self only, in combat) 19-

12 3) Anticipation: Lightning Reflexes: +10 DEX to act first with All Actions (15 Active Points); Requires A PER Roll (-¼)

16 4) Battle Analysis: +2 SPD (20 Active Points); Requires An INT Roll (assumes an INT roll of 14-, Active Point penalty of -1 per 5 Active Points; -¼)

45 5) Fast Thinking: Penalty Skill Levels: +15 vs. penalties for rapid performance with Intellect Skills

20 6) Powerful Mind: Mental Defense (23 points total) 0

10 7) Probability Analysis: Detect Probable Outcome of Proposed Course of Action 19- (no Sense Group) 0

26 8) True Eidetic Memory: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight, Hearing And Smell/Taste Groups), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (90 Active Points); Personal History Since Transformation Only (see text; -1), Retrocognition Only (-1), No Range (-½) 0

Leader Uniform, all slots OIF (-½)

8 1) CommLink: High Range Radio Perception (Radio Group) (12 Active Points); OIF (-½) 0

15 2) Full Environmental Suit: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Self-Contained Breathing; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) (22 Active Points); OIF (-½) 0

37 3) Overdrive Field: Force Wall (15 PD/15 ED) (75 Active Points); Lockout (The use of this power negates the Personal Force Field.; -½), OIF (-½) 7

Notes: This represents an override of his Personal Force Field. The PFF cannot be active while the Overdrive Field is on. Should the Overdrive Field be destroyed, the Leader Must wait until his next Phase to trun either the Overdrive Field or the PFF on again.

35 4) Personal Force Field: Force Field (15 PD/15 ED), Hardened (+¼), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (52 Active Points); OIF (-½) 0

12 5) Reinforced Costume: Armor (6 PD/6 ED) (18 Active Points); OIF (-½) 0

Perks

6 Big Head: Reputation: Super Genius (A large group) 14-, +2/+2d6

50 Current Lair: Base of Operations

15 Doesn't Want for Materials: Money: Filthy Rich

45 Lessser Minions: Followers: Agents

120 Mighty Minions: Follower: Heavy

6 The Fraternity : Contact: Intellegencia (Small Group of Super Geniuses) (Contact has extremely useful Skills or resources, Contact has significant Contacts of his own) 11-

Talents

3 Big Brain: Absolute Time Sense

3 Compass In There: Bump Of Direction

3 Cortexial Symmetry: Ambidexterity (Reduce Off Hand Penalty to -2)

20 Habla Inglés?: Universal Translator 19-

8 I Skimmed It: Speed Reading (x1,000)

3 Math Whiz: Lightning Calculator

Skills

30 +3 with Overall Level

3 Computer Programming 19-

5 Cramming

3 Cryptography 19-

3 Deduction 19-

7 Demolitions 21-

15 Electronics 25-

3 Forensic Medicine 19-

3 Inventor 19-

15 Mechanics 25-

3 Power: Super Brain Tricks 19-

3 Research 19-

3 Scholar

2 1) KS: Superpowers (3 Active Points) 19-

2 2) KS: The Hulk Family (3 Active Points) 19-

2 3) KS: The Scientific World (3 Active Points) 19-

2 4) KS: The Super Human World (3 Active Points) 19-

3 Scientist

2 1) Science Skill: Biology 19- (3 Active Points)

2 2) Science Skill: Chemistry 19- (3 Active Points)

2 3) Science Skill: Gamma Physics 19- (3 Active Points)

2 4) Science Skill: Genetics 19- (3 Active Points)

2 5) Science Skill: Mathematics 19- (3 Active Points)

2 6) Science Skill: Medicine 19- (3 Active Points)

2 7) Science Skill: Physics 19- (3 Active Points)

2 8) Science Skill: Robotics 19- (3 Active Points)

3 Security Systems 19-

3 Systems Operation 19-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 1051

Total Cost: 1183

600+ Disadvantages

10 Distinctive Features: HUGE GREEN HEAD! (Easily Concealed; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

Notes: I said easily concealed because let's face it, he can totally do so if he wants to.

10 Enraged: When Facing the Hulk (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 11-

10 Enraged: When thwarted (Uncommon), go 8-, recover 11-

10 Hunted: Intelligencia 8- (Mo Pow; NCI; Watching)

20 Hunted: SHIELD 8- (Mo Pow; NCI; Harshly Punish)

15 Psychological Limitation: Intellectual Vanity (Very Common; Moderate)

20 Psychological Limitation: Megalomania (Common; Total)

20 Psychological Limitation: Obssessed with defeating the Hulk (Common; Total)

5 Social Limitation: Criminal Record (Occasionally; Minor)

15 Social Limitation: Public Identity (Frequently; Major)

15 Unluck: 3d6

433 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 1183

Background/History: From: http://www.comicvine.com/leader/29-7617/

When an ordinary laborer was moving a load of waste material in the sub-cellar of a chemical research plant, a one-in-a-million freak accident occurred as an experimental gamma ray cylinder exploded. The trapped laborer was helplessly caught in the blast. For about a minute his entire body was bombarded by the mysterious gamma rays, one of the strongest forces known to man. Although a fraction of the dosage he received would have been enough to kill a dozen men, for some inexplicable reason the laborer survived. He seemed completely unharmed.

Yet, he was different. After leaving the observation ward, he read every book he could find. He studied like a man possessed and remembered everything he read. His mind absorbed knowledge like a sponge. A few days later, the long-term effects of the gamma rays finally took place and he went unconscious. When he awoke, he did not suspect what happened to him, but when he looked into the mirror, he knew that he had become something more than human. The once unskilled laborer had been transformed by the gamma rays into one of the greatest brains that ever lived.

"My former name is meaningless now! I choose to be known simply as... The Leader!"

Personality/Motivation: The Leader is pretty typical fare for a Super-genius Comic-Book Master Villain. Despite his braggadocio and trumped up mental faculties, his obsession with the Hulk has caused his downfall almost every time.

For the most part, the Leader is an ego-centric, self-glorifying bit player in the Marvel Universe. His losses to the Savage Hulk have got to sting. He is outsmarted by Dr Doom, Bruce Banner, Reed Richards, etc. and so on, but through it all keeps chugging away.

Beyond his obsession with the Hulk, he's been shown to care for his brother (now the Gamma Monster, Madman) - at least he wants to put him down because he feels his brother is suffering, and he's a dedicated researcher; though he's a typical mad scientist.

Powers/Tactics: The Leader’s powers revolve around superhuman intelligence, perception, deduction, reasoning, perfect memory. Learns quickly, mastered many, many sciences. He can also control minds and control objects telekinetically.

Other Abilities Not used in Write-up: Mind Link to Rick Jones (No longer active IMO), and Oldpower from Hulk's latest adventure. Not sure what that entails and don't care to look it up.

By and large, the Leader doesn't do combat if he can at all help it. He wears protective items (I've equipped him with a few believable layers of defenses and some last ditch arms) but he "fights" from behind a wall of agents and created monsters, robots, or other automatons.

His psionic abilities are reasonably potent but limited in scope.

His best offense is a good escape route.

Campaign Use: The Leader is a great behind-the scenes villain. Once your heroes get to him, the conclusion of the adventure should be right behind. He operates by proxy, robots, androids, mutates, goons in powered armor.

His mental abilities also have control elements so he can turn a hero's NPC's against them.

Appearance: The Leader is a man of average height and weight and the trim, athletic build of your average citizen in a world where skintight costumes abound. His skin is green, his hair and eyes are darker green. He seems to prefer orange or gold and black costumes.

Oh yeah, He's got a giant head. I'll admit to being partial to his original oblong special, but he's also had a huge brain looking skull as well.

1743536-leader_l_1_.jpg

Hmm the Image isn't working for me. Can anyone see it?

Oh, some Design Notes:

I'm considering Giving our Big Green Head:

20 Universal Scientist 19-

20 Universal Scholar 19-

9 +3 With Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Skills

Rather than the Scholar and Scientist Skills I have right now

And perhaps the 'True Universal Translator' I saw once in the boards... See if I can Find it in the UNTIL Super Powers Database.

Oh and if anyone wants to come up with some Escape Devices or Offensive Devices (75pt built in or 150 pt hand held, I'd gladly add them to the write up)

Hmm the Image isn't working for me. Can anyone see it?

Oh, some Design Notes:

I'm considering Giving our Big Green Head:

20 Universal Scientist 19-

20 Universal Scholar 19-

9 +3 With Physics, Chemistry, Mathematics Skills

Rather than the Scholar and Scientist Skills I have right now

And perhaps the 'True Universal Translator' I saw once in the boards... See if I can Find it in the UNTIL Super Powers Database.

Oh and if anyone wants to come up with some Escape Devices or Offensive Devices (75pt built in or 150 pt hand held, I'd gladly add them to the write up)

The image is working fine for me.

Great write-up!

You definitely should go with Universal Scientist and Scholar.

I don't know if this has changed since last I read, but last I knew

1. The Leader had to touch people to psychically control them, and

2. His mind control didn't work on other gamma-powered people ... considering how often his plots involve the Hulk, this is probably worth a limitation. :)

thanks for that. Will adjust.

Rick Jones, Sidekick to the Stars

RICK JONES

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

17 DEX 21 12- OCV: 6/DCV: 6

18 CON 16 13-

12 BODY 4 11-

10 INT 0 11- PER Roll 11-

13 EGO 6 12- ECV: 4

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

14 COM 2 12-

7 PD 4 Total: 7 PD (0 rPD)

7 ED 3 Total: 7 ED (0 rED)

4 SPD 13 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

10 REC 6

40 END 2

40 STUN 11 Total Characteristic Cost: 102

Movement: Running: 7"/14"

Leaping: 4"/8"

Swimming: 3"/6"

Cost Powers END

25 More Close Shaves than Remington Ever Dreamed Of: Luck 5d6 0

Martial Arts

Captain America's Style

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 +1 HTH Damage Class(es)

4 Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Choke -2 +0 Grab One Limb; 2 ½d6 NND

4 Disarm +2 -2 Disarm, 30 STR to Disarm roll

4 Dodge -- +5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

4 Escape +0 +0 35 STR vs. Grabs

3 Flying Tackle +0 -1 4d6 +v/5 Strike; You Fall, Target Falls; FMove

3 Grappling Throw +0 +2 6d6 Strike; Target Falls; Must Follow Grab

3 Hold -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 30 STR for holding on

3 Legsweep +2 -1 5d6 Strike, Target Falls

4 Nerve Strike -1 +1 2 ½d6 NND

3 Throw +0 +1 4d6 +v/5, Target Falls

5 Various Kicks -2 +1 8d6 Strike

4 Various Strikes +0 +2 6d6 Strike

1 Weapon Element: Clubs

Perks

7 Successful Book and Record Deals: Money: Wealthy

1 Avengers ID Badge! (It's a replica): Fringe Benefit: Membership: Avengers (Honorary)

2 Claim to Fame: Reputation: Ultimate Sidekick (A large group) 11-, +1/+1d6

3 Well-Connected

11 1) Founder if not Member: Contact: The Avengers (Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (12 Active Points) 8-

3 2) Honorary Vell: Contact: Captains Marvel (Either One) (Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) (4 Active Points) 11-

7 3) My Pal Steve: Contact: Steve Rogers, Captain America (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) (8 Active Points) 11-

6 4) My boy Bruce: Contact: Th Hulk (Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) (7 Active Points) 12-

Talents

12 Survivor: Combat Luck (6 PD/6 ED)

3 Nerves of Steel: Combat Ready: Lock Pick

3 Combat Training: Lightning Reflexes: +2 DEX to act first with All Actions

3 Seen it All: Resistance (+3 to roll)

Skills

5 +1 with HTH Combat

16 +2 with All Combat

3 Acrobatics 12-

3 Breakfall 12-

3 Climbing 12-

3 Combat Driving 12-

3 Conversation 12-

3 Forgery 11-

3 Gambling 11-

3 Jack of All Trades

2 1) PS: Musician (Guitarist) (3 Active Points) 12-

1 2) PS: Musician (Harmonica) (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) PS: Musician (Vocalist) (3 Active Points) 12-

1 4) PS: Songwriter (2 Active Points) 11-

1 5) PS: Writer (2 Active Points) 11-

2 KS: The Avengers 11-

2 KS: The Marvel Universe (616) 11-

3 KS: The Superhero World 12-

3 Lockpicking 12-

1 Mechanics 8-

3 Paramedics 11-

3 Persuasion 12-

3 Riding 12-

3 Security Systems 11-

3 Stealth 12-

3 Streetwise 12-

3 Survival 11-

3 Systems Operation 11-

2 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles

3 Teamwork 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 231

Total Cost: 333

75+ Disadvantages

25 Hunted: The Enemies of My Friends 8- (Mo Pow; NCI; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find; Harshly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common; Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Feels Responsible/Loyal to Bruce Banner, the Hulk (Uncommon; Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Won't stay on the sidelines (Common; Strong)

10 Reputation: DNPC to Many, Many Heroes, 8- (Extreme)

15 Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently; Major)

Notes: Rick's somewhat famous for who he knows. He's also had success as a musical perfomrer and author.

15 Unluck: 3d6

143 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 333

Background/History: From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Jones_(comics)

Rick Jones was born in Scarsdale, Arizona. He lost his parents at a young age and grew up at an orphanage. He gains notoriety when he accepts a dare to drive out to a bomb testing ground in New Mexico. As luck would have it, the gamma bomb designed by Dr. Bruce Banner is being tested. Dr. Banner pushes Rick into a protective trench, saving his life but absorbing the gamma rays that first transform him into the Hulk. Rick then becomes the sole confidant of the Hulk's true identity.

Rick's guilt over causing the incident (and lack of any other place to go) leads him to stay close to Dr. Banner and his alter ego, spending some time as the Hulk's sidekick. For a time, he even gains mental control over the Hulk. Eventually the dangerous unpredictability of the Hulk forces Rick to keep his distance. Rick forms the Teen Brigade, a loose network of teenagers with ham radios throughout the United States. The first Teen Brigade played a role in the origin of the Avengers, because it was the tampering of a radio transmission the Brigade intended to send to the Fantastic Four that brought the original Avengers (Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Thor) together to fight the Hulk as part of a plan by Loki. Loki's plan backfires and the Avengers are formed.

After the Hulk's departure from the team, Rick remains close to the Avengers, earning a position as an honorary Avenger. He became close to the recently revived Captain America although his guilt leads him to leave the Avengers and seek out Banner and the Hulk for a time. Captain America rescues Rick from one of the Hulk's rampages, and Rick becomes Captain America's sidekick. Rick briefly takes the title and uniform of Bucky, Cap's long-dead partner. This was on Jones' own insistence: Cap continues to have guilty objections, noting that others have lost partners and it was time to move on. Rick's brief time as Bucky gave him the training to survive around superheroes to this day.

Chad's Notes:

• Sidekick/Billy Batson to Mar-Vell's Captain Marvel.
  • Sidekick/Billy Batson to Genis-Vell's Captain Marvel.
  • Married Marlo Chandler. Probably got divorced. Seems to be “estranged” in limbo
  • Became a douchebag "Protector" and funded Excelsior (sorry this may be way off base)
  • Transformed into A-Bomb by the Intellegencia.

Personality/Motivation: Rick was an angsty teen rebel to begin with. He's seen more of the Marvel Universe than many heroes and villains. He's been a hero, a monster, and (probably) a villain. He's touched and been touched by greatness (keep your minds out of the gutter, people) and he's had enough failure to cause some men to turn bitter and sullen. But he doesn't.

For all this Rick has been loyal to his friends and brave and noble when the universe called on him. He does have a sense of "Been there, Done that."

Powers/Tactics: Rick Jones served briefly as Captain America's partner and has received training from Steve Rogers. However, he hasn't maintained "super-hero fit" IMO, and though he can hold his own against several normals in a bar fight, or brightly clad agent types, he's not really in the league of most named costumed villains.

His Plot Device Powers aren't going to be touched.

Campaign Use: This is the Base form of Rick Jones, if you want to make a more robust adventurer, increase his stats and give him an armored costume of some sort. As is, he's a good "team mascot," contact, or Competent DNPC

Appearance: Rick is a good-looking dude. Boyish charm and baby faced, he’s not so young any more but rocks the pony tail or tousled look. He dresses casually and has the build of a guy who works out quite a bit. He wouldn't look out of place in a spandex costume.

197500-163987-rick-jones.jpg

Rick also always carries a mini-parachute on him in case he needs to jump from a crashing Skrull spaceship. :D

Banner: "Rick ... where'd you get the parachute?"

Rick: "I always keep a parachute on me in case I need to jump from an exploding Skrull saucer."

Banner: "That's ridiculous."

Rick: "Why? I needed to, didn't I?"

Banner: "... ... never mind."