The Incredible Hulk

Enforcer84

Re: The Incredible Hulk

Back in the day, Pete and Ben were armwrestling on Arkon's World and pretty much deadlocked until Pete was distracted by jailbait in gauze. Pete had some good brick bits in that annual too, taking on the Ultra-Badoon and falling from an insanely high tower.

Thing and Hulk have an xp headstart on Colossus, and Hulk has been raking in the whole haul from his own book, but Pete is still a force to be reckoned with. If he anchored his own book for any length of time he would quickly get elevated to the upper eschelons. I would put him as a slightly more resilient Doc Samson.

• Replies 114
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Rick Jones, A-Bomb

A-BOMB

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

110 STR 100 31- Lift 104.9ktons; 22d6 [5]

20 DEX 30 13- OCV: 7/DCV: 7

75 CON 130 24-

32 BODY 44 15-

13 INT 3 12- PER Roll 12-

12 EGO 4 11- ECV: 4

45 PRE 35 18- PRE Attack: 9d6

2 COM -4 9-

35+15 PD 13 Total: 35/50 PD (20/35 rPD)

35+15 ED 20 Total: 35/50 ED (20/35 rED)

4 SPD 10 Phases: 3, 6, 9, 12

37 REC 0

150 END 0

150 STUN 25 Total Characteristic Cost: 416

Movement: Running: 12"/24"

Leaping: 52"/104"

Swimming: 8"/16"

Cost Powers END

180 Brick Tricks: Variable Power Pool, 90 base + 90 control cost, Powers Can Be Changed As A Zero-Phase Action (+1) (180 Active Points)

20 Camouflage: Invisibility to Sight Group 2

45 Clawed Fingers : Killing Attack - Hand-To-Hand 3d6 (6d6 w/STR) 4

25 Gamma Hound: Detect Gamma Radiation 12- (no Sense Group), Discriminatory, Analyze, Range, Sense, Tracking 0

35 Two-Mile Leaping: Multipower, 35-point reserve

3u 1) Combat Hops: Leaping +30" (52" forward, 26" upward) (Accurate) (35 Active Points) 3

1u 2) MegaLeaping: Leaping 10", MegaScale (1" = 1 km; leap takes 1 Phase per km; +¼) (12 Active Points) 1

Gamma Physiology

12 1) Freight Train: Running +6" (12" total) 1

27 2) Hyper Efficient Musculature: Reduced Endurance (½ END; +¼) (27 Active Points) applied to STR

12 3) Massive: Knockback Resistance -6" 0

4 4) Reach: Stretching 1", Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (7 Active Points); Always Direct (-¼), No Noncombat Stretching (-¼), No Velocity Damage (-¼) 0

59 5) Rick Jones: Multiform (293 Character Points in the most expensive form) 0

11 6) Stentorian Voice: Hearing Group Images 1" radius, +/-6 to PER Rolls (23 Active Points); Set Effect (only to amplify character's voice; -1) 2

Indestructable

45 1) Armored Carapace: Armor (15 PD/15 ED), Hardened (+¼) (56 Active Points); Visible (-¼) 0

20 2) Bracing: Knockback Resistance -15" (30 Active Points); Costs Endurance (-½) 3

31 3) Gamma Powered Cockroach: Life Support (Eating: Character only has to eat once per week; Expanded Breathing: Breathe Water; Extended Breathing: 1 END per 20 Minutes; Immunity: All terrestrial diseases and biowarfare agents; Safe Environment: Zero Gravity; Safe in High Pressure; Safe in High Radiation; Safe in Intense Cold; Safe in Intense Heat; Safe in Low Pressure/Vacuum; Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0

6 4) Pain Tolerance: (Total: 20 Active Cost, 6 Real Cost) +10 Mental Defense (12 points total) (10 Active Points); Only To Resist Pain Attacks (-2) (Real Cost: 3) plus Power Defense (10 points) (10 Active Points); Only To Resist Pain Attacks (-2) (Real Cost: 3) 0

20 5) Recouperative Powers: Power Defense (20 points) 0

16 6) Regenerative: Healing 3 BODY, Can Heal Limbs, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½), Persistent (+½) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (Regeneration-Only) 1 Day (-2 ¾), Self Only (-½) 0

23 7) Resilient Healing: Healing 2d6, any one Characteristic other than BODY, END, or STUN at a time (+¼), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +½) (35 Active Points); Self Only (-½) 0

30 8) Shrugs Off Damage: Energy Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

30 9) Shrugs Off Damage: Physical Damage Reduction, Resistant, 50% 0

43 10) Shrugs of Damage: (Total: 43 Active Cost, 43 Real Cost) Damage Resistance (20 PD/20 ED), Hardened (+¼) (25 Active Points) (Real Cost: 25) plus Hardened (+¼) (9 Active Points) applied to PD (Real Cost: 9) plus Hardened (+¼) (9 Active Points) applied to ED (Real Cost: 9) 0

10 11) Tough to Defeat: Lack of Weakness (-5) for Resistant Defenses (Normal Defenses) 0

Perks

3 Well-Connected

11 1) Founder if not Member: Contact: The Avengers (Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact), Organization Contact (x3) (12 Active Points) 8-

2 2) Honorary Vell: Contact: Captains Marvel (Either One) (Contact has useful Skills or resources, Good relationship with Contact) (3 Active Points) 8-

6 3) My Pal Steve: Contact: Steve Rogers, Captain America (Contact has access to major institutions, Contact has significant Contacts of his own, Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) (7 Active Points) 8-

4 4) My boy Bruce: Contact: Th Hulk (Contact has very useful Skills or resources, Very Good relationship with Contact) (5 Active Points) 8-

Talents

6 Swift in Combat: Lightning Reflexes: +4 DEX to act first with All Actions

Skills

16 +2 with All Combat

35 +7 with HTH Combat

25 Brick Tricks: Power 23-

3 Breakfall 13-

3 Bureaucratics 18-

3 Climbing 13-

3 Combat Driving 13-

3 Hoist 12-

3 Interrogation 18-

2 KS: Gamma Mutations 11-

2 KS: The Avengers 11-

2 KS: The Marvel Universe (616) 11-

3 KS: The Superhero World 12-

3 Lockpicking 13-

1 Mechanics 8-

3 Paramedics 12-

3 Persuasion 18-

3 Riding 13-

3 Security Systems 12-

3 Shadowing 12-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Streetwise 18-

3 Survival 12-

3 Systems Operation 12-

2 TF: Common Motorized Ground Vehicles, Two-Wheeled Motorized Ground Vehicles

3 Teamwork 13-

3 Tracking 12-

2 WF: Small Arms

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 884

Total Cost: 1300

600+ Disadvantages

20 Accidental Change: To Rick Jones, Plot Related Always (Uncommon)

10 Dependent NPC: Marlo Chandler-Jones, wife 8- (Normal)

20 Distinctive Features: Giant Blue Meanie (Not Concealable; Always Noticed and Causes Major Reaction; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses)

25 Hunted: The Enemies of My Friends 8- (Mo Pow; NCI; PC has a Public ID or is otherwise very easy to find; Harshly Punish)

20 Psychological Limitation: Code vs Killing (Common; Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Feels Responsible/Loyal to Bruce Banner, the Hulk (Uncommon; Total)

15 Psychological Limitation: Won't stay on the sidelines (Common; Strong)

10 Reputation: DNPC to Many, Many Heroes, 8- (Extreme)

15 Social Limitation: Public ID (Frequently; Major)

Notes: Rick's somewhat famous for who he knows. He's also had success as a musical perfomrer and author.

550 Experience Points

Total Disadvantage Points: 1300

Background/History: From: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rick_Jones_(comics)

Rick Jones was born in Scarsdale, Arizona. He lost his parents at a young age and grew up at an orphanage. He gains notoriety when he accepts a dare to drive out to a bomb testing ground in New Mexico. As luck would have it, the gamma bomb designed by Dr. Bruce Banner is being tested. Dr. Banner pushes Rick into a protective trench, saving his life but absorbing the gamma rays that first transform him into the Hulk. Rick then becomes the sole confidant of the Hulk's true identity.

Rick's guilt over causing the incident (and lack of any other place to go) leads him to stay close to Dr. Banner and his alter ego, spending some time as the Hulk's sidekick. For a time, he even gains mental control over the Hulk. Eventually the dangerous unpredictability of the Hulk forces Rick to keep his distance. Rick forms the Teen Brigade, a loose network of teenagers with ham radios throughout the United States. The first Teen Brigade played a role in the origin of the Avengers, because it was the tampering of a radio transmission the Brigade intended to send to the Fantastic Four that brought the original Avengers (Iron Man, Ant-Man, Wasp, and Thor) together to fight the Hulk as part of a plan by Loki. Loki's plan backfires and the Avengers are formed.

After the Hulk's departure from the team, Rick remains close to the Avengers, earning a position as an honorary Avenger. He became close to the recently revived Captain America although his guilt leads him to leave the Avengers and seek out Banner and the Hulk for a time. Captain America rescues Rick from one of the Hulk's rampages, and Rick becomes Captain America's sidekick. Rick briefly takes the title and uniform of Bucky, Cap's long-dead partner. This was on Jones' own insistence: Cap continues to have guilty objections, noting that others have lost partners and it was time to move on. Rick's brief time as Bucky gave him the training to survive around superheroes to this day.

Chad's Notes:

Sidekick/Billy Batson to Mar-Vell's Captain Marvel.

Sidekick/Billy Batson to Genis-Vell's Captain Marvel.

Married Marlo Chandler. Probably got divorced.

Became a douchebag "Protector" and funded Excelsior (sorry this may be way off base)

Transformed into A-Bomb by the Intellegencia

Personality/Motivation: Rick was an angsty teen rebel to begin with. He's seen more of the Marvel Universe than many heroes and villains. He's been a hero, a monster, and (probably) a villain. He's touched and been touched by greatness (keep your minds out of the gutter, people) and he's had enough failure to cause some men to turn bitter and sullen. But he doesn't.

For all this Rick has been loyal to his friends and brave and noble when the unviverse called on him. He does have a sense of "Been there, Done that."

As A-Bomb he was very "Savage Hulk" for a while but now seems to have his own personality/intelligence back

Quote: "A-bomb Smash Red-Man!"

"Hiya Doc."

Powers/Tactics: As near as I can tell, A-Bomb's powerset are more similar to the Abomination than the Hulk - as well as his appearance. Originally he had some speech/mental faculty problems, spoke akin to the Savage Hulk. But he traded that for the ability to transform...I'm gonna give him the multi form anyway.

A-Bomb is a toughie. Hulk class brick, he has an armored carapace over his skin (as seen recently when the original Abomination tore some of it off), can breath water, track energy (gamma signatures), has claws, and can blend in with his surroundings. "Stealth Hulk!"

He seemingly forgets his martial arts training as A-Bomb originally but now that he has better use of his faculties...still forgot them. He's considered an apt natural fighter though. He may be able to tunnel...but I didn't see reference to that at comic vine. Also his luck is pretty static as A-Bomb so I removed them both.

Campaign Use: Power complication, heroes could be contacted by Marlo to help get her husband back.

Appearance: A-bomb looks like a blue, plated version of the abomination, he's about 6'9 - 7' tall and close to half a ton in weight.

347138-80609-rick-jones.jpg

D'aww

Hulk is so cute when he wants to game.

Assuming you survive being hugged by the Hulk...

Lucius Alexander

After consuming radioactive peppers that had been exposed to gamma rays, an ordinary palindromedary becomes THE GREEN LLAMA!

Sorry guys but this has stalled for a bit until I can get caught up on my school and a few other projects.

Still plan on getting Harpy (at least the Betty Ross version) and the Rulks.

Oh I might have 2 Rulks as I was under the impression it was supposed to be Glen Talbot as the Red Machine rather than Ross who it was revealed later. Only further cementing Ross as the Worst Military Leader ever. Anyway, I might do that.

the Rulks have both lost their Energy Absorbtion abilities...but I believe Rulk can still emit heat and She-Rulk still has corrossive blood/spittle. Corrections would be welcome.

Sorry guys but this has stalled for a bit until I can get caught up on my school and a few other projects.

Enforcer, the only deadline you have is what you enforce on yourself. We're not paying you for this in anything but appreciation.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary notes that it's not like, if we're unhappy about it, we can go get one of Enforcers numbered 1 to 83 to do it instead.

Can we?

You're lucky that's in the Public Domain.

Actually, I could probably copyright the Green Llama if I wrote it up.

It's the Green Lama that's in public domain.

Lucius Alexander

the palindromdary says, public domain? That's amazing, man!

• 2 years later...