Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Steve Long

ADVANCED PLAYER'S GUIDE II -- What Do *You* Want To See?

Re: ADVANCED PLAYER'S GUIDE II -- What Do *You* Want To See?

I'm finishing up the book later today' date=' so it's time to take this thread down. Thanx to everyone who made a suggestion![/quote']

Always glad to help. Now, time to start thinking of new questions to inspire APG3! :D

Always glad to help. Now' date=' time to start thinking of new questions to inspire APG3! :D[/quote']First we have to see whats in APG2 - you know, to avoid redundancy.

First we have to see whats in APG2 - you know' date=' to avoid redundancy.[/quote']
Or doing things over again.
Like remembering your Personal Identification Number number at the Automated Teller Machine machine. ;)

Late to the party but I'd like to see a discussion of Characteristics in some supplement. What exactly to they mean outside of their mechanical function. How healthy is a Constitution 10 compared to an 8 or a 20? What are Characteristics rolls good for vs Skills? This discussion might be an good place the "saving throw" concept to be tossed around and rules for Disease, Infection, advanced rules for healing and overall long term stamina, etc.

Late to the party but I'd like to see a discussion of Characteristics in some supplement. What exactly to they mean outside of their mechanical function. How healthy is a Constitution 10 compared to an 8 or a 20? What are Characteristics rolls good for vs Skills? This discussion might be an good place the "saving throw" concept to be tossed around and rules for Disease' date=' Infection, advanced rules for healing and overall long term stamina, etc.[/quote']

Steve was asked for a saving throw mechanic (even here), and repeadedly answered: There is no such thing in hero.

When you want something to work less well agaisnt con, build is as AVAD (Constitution, Does Body), make it continuous/uncontrolled with "Make a Con roll by X" as the common disable method, or use Transform vs. CON to apply a desease.

Steve was asked for a saving throw mechanic (even here), and repeadedly answered: There is no such thing in hero.

When you want something to work less well agaisnt con, build is as AVAD (Constitution, Does Body), make it continuous/uncontrolled with "Make a Con roll by X" as the common disable method, or use Transform vs. CON to apply a desease.

That's why I used quotes. Char rolls might be used in a manner similar to saving throws in that other system as mechanic in Heroic games and having some general guidelines for that would be quite helpful as well a general discusssion of characteristic rolls. They are a mecahanic that I don't think gets enough attention in Hero System. The above is fine in a game where you are going to stat out every disease, disability, etc or they're only going to show up as supervillain attacks but in Heroic games, particularly gritter ones a different approach would be useful for Hero System players. It would add to the univeral aspect of the system. I and some other Hero gamers have wanted to see something like that for years and a book of optional rules seems like a good place to put them.

Folx, the book is done, so there's no real point in continuing this thread. If you have specific rules-related issues you'd like to discuss, I suggest starting a new thread. Thanx!