Old Marvel Super Heroes to Champions conversion.

Mathew

Re: Old Marvel Super Heroes to Champions conversion.

Adventurer's Club #5.

It was a 5-page article with different charts for each ability, so not something that could be easily reproduced here.

Hmm, it looks like I replied to a similar thread back in 2004 and did reproduce the core of the article. I have no memory of that.

The problem with all conversion charts is that they make assumptions about the game converted to.

What is Unearthly STR in your Champions game? The conversion chart defines it, and you could certainly adopt those benchmarks for a Champions game, but the other characters would need to be defined around those benchmarks as well.

[ASIDE: I always hated the jump from Amazing (50) to Monstrous (75), and thought there should be an intervening level set at 60 - call it Fantastic.]

Don't forget. Marvel Super Heroes Ultimate Powers book added a lot of Granularity to the FASERIP stat range giving you stuff to fill the voids between stats. If you look at the chart though you can convert easily enough allowing HERO "push" to equal shift benchmarks etc etc .....

Used to love demo-ing that game for T$R back in the day. One of the finest products ever put out in the end.

~Rex

Stuff's still out there. One of the hotest Out of Print Games and set of supplements still rolling. The system itself's undergone something of a rebirth as well, but I've still got, hmm, I'd say all the books in a box somewhere. You can even find it all online since it's got a loyal following that still rolls pretty strong. Was a great system, still is.

~Rex

One of my groups favorite in between games pastimes was converting characters from Marvel to Champions. At one time we had most of the characters from the Official Handbooks of the Marvel Universe converted over. Unfortunately, the player who was running the game at the time moved away with all of our conversions.:(

We used to use the Marvel game as a huge Battle Royal. We'd all pick 10 of our favorites use the big city map that came with the game and have at it. We had rules like you could only pick 1 power house (anyone that had an Unearthly was typically a powerhouse). It was a blast.

There was an old AC with conversion notes for Mayfair's DC Heroes game too, but in that case the values were "curved" downwards for the higher-end folks like (Pre-Crisis) Superman (who'd have a 250 STR doing a straight conversion, but the curved value was still 150).

There was an old AC with conversion notes for Mayfair's DC Heroes game too' date=' but in that case the values were "curved" downwards for the higher-end folks like (Pre-Crisis) Superman (who'd have a 250 STR doing a straight conversion, but the curved value was still 150).[/quote']

http://www.mactyre.net/scm/articles/Dcconv.html ?