Multiverse

Cassandra

Re: Multiverse

In the Multiverse' date=' Lex Luthor is Dr. Charles Xavier. He adopted the false identity to recruit new minions in order to replace Superman as the main hero in the universe. The wheelchair is actually a device that gives him mental powers.[/quote']

You might want to make the X-Men the children of some of Luthor's super-villain colleagues. (Many possibilities here, I like Icicle as Iceman's father, Braiwave for Jean Grey, Giganta and Beast, The Monocle and Cyclops and the Penguin as the father of Angel...)

Lots of potential for angst and mistrust by the public/government even if you choose not to use mutant-phobia.

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Multiverse

The Lex Luthor/Charles Xavier idea came to me because of an article I read in a comic book magazine. During the early 1960s luthor pretty much vanished as a villain, making a revival in the late silver/early bronze era. I thought that Luthor would disappear and form a group of young "superheroes" for two purposes. One, to replace Superman in the public's minds, and two, to have a group of minions who would unwittingly do his bidding. He would tell them that they were at his School because society had rejected them, and they would naively come to depend on him.