Champions Villains, Volume 3: Solo Villains

Here's the back-cover text for CV3:

VILLAINY MOST FOUL!

A superhero needs just the right villains to make his adventures exciting. Whether you want world-threatening master villains, teams of supercriminals, or solo villains to oppose your heroes, you’ll find what you’re looking for in Champions Villains, a trilogy of books describing over 300 of the most important, powerful, and fun supervillains of the Champions Universe!

This book, Volume 3, describes Solo Villains — costumed criminals who work for themselves or hire their services out to other villains! Some of the fiendish foes you’ll find between its covers include:

—Ankylosaur

—Black Paladin

—Captain Chronos

—Firewing

—Foxbat

—Gargantua

—Lady Blue

—Mechassassin

—the Monster

—Pulsar

—Stingray

—Talisman

—Valak the World-Ravager

Besides those villains and more, you’ll find information on their minions, bases, resources, and evil schemes. So prepare yourself for the most dangerous enemies your heroes will ever face in Champions Villains!

Price: $39.99

ISBN: 978-1-58366-132-1

Stock Number: DOJHERO1105

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Champions Villains, Volume 3: Solo Villains

Is there any update on this product, its been about 3-4 weeks since it was in a printer logjam? None of the frontpage updates have had a mention of it other than Darrin is working printer issues.

Another of our forum colleagues asked about this same issue today on the "Company Questions" sub-forum:

Are we ever going to see Volume 3 in print? didn't the pdf come out months ago?

Yes' date=' you will, as soon as the obstacles in our way are removed. Believe me, as unhappy as you may be about the situation, you're light-years behind us in that department. We'll get it printed as soon as we can, and provide updates when we have further information.[/quote']

Guest Goradin

In this economy who can afford to double dip in buying the PDFs and books. I am choosing the latter though I bought all three villian books in PDF. As supporter since '82 of the HERO/CHAMPION system I am eagerly awaiting this product. Mutants and Masterminds seems to be having the same kind of issues, presently. Personally I don't care for PDF's and I would point out they are easily pirated and dissemenated digital just google some titles. I 've even turned them into you guys in the past because I know that is how you make your living.

I don't know if issues cuts it with me, though. Just one other word would have sufficed though, ie, financial issues, timing issues, etc. No one owes me nothing especially an explanation but I have quit playing 6th edition because right now and went back to 5th. I've also have been dabbling with old school D&D. In the past, I have stuck with HERO for years refusing to game when I could not run it or play it.

Thanks for the answer of sorts, it's better nothing. While we fans do not need to be "in the loop", we deserve a little more than silence.

• 1 month later...

In this economy who can afford to double dip in buying the PDFs and books. I am choosing the latter though I bought all three villian books in PDF. As supporter since '82 of the HERO/CHAMPION system I am eagerly awaiting this product. Mutants and Masterminds seems to be having the same kind of issues, presently. Personally I don't care for PDF's and I would point out they are easily pirated and dissemenated digital just google some titles. I 've even turned them into you guys in the past because I know that is how you make your living.

I don't know if issues cuts it with me, though. Just one other word would have sufficed though, ie, financial issues, timing issues, etc. No one owes me nothing especially an explanation but I have quit playing 6th edition because right now and went back to 5th. I've also have been dabbling with old school D&D. In the past, I have stuck with HERO for years refusing to game when I could not run it or play it.

Thanks for the answer of sorts, it's better nothing. While we fans do not need to be "in the loop", we deserve a little more than silence.

Well I would get the PDF's if they were cheaper, but at $28+ a pop! thats just a little too much to chew for electronic BS, half that to look at and maybe, because I can get the printed book for $32 on Amazon when it comes out anyhow. I want my Ch:Vil:Solo Vol3 in print and now, its taking way too long, I have bought all the other books in print so far and I will agree, PDF's suck when it comes to pirate's too easy but I still want print, I am an old schooler who hates electronic media, I think its going to be the downfall of the RPG industry in the end.:thumbdown

I too look forward to having this third volume in paper copy. Back in Feb. when the printing backlog started, I never would have guessed we'd still be waiting for this book in late July, with no release date in sight.

I can't imagine how frustrating this has been for the folks at HERO...

Um, when can we expect this product to hit the shelves? The original post is dated May 16th (over two months ago now). If I recall correctly, the PDF for this book was released somewhere in December-January. That's quite a while ago now. I would really like to get this product before Christmas... if you know what I mean... ;)

Um' date=' when can we expect this product to hit the shelves? The original post is dated May 16th (over two months ago now). If I recall correctly, the PDF for this book was released somewhere in December-January. That's quite a while ago now. I would really like to get this product before Christmas... if you know what I mean... ;)[/quote']

Mr. Long, Mr. Watts,

Can we humbly request that the status on this be included in the weekly website update? Its kinda frustrating to hear of other books status in the front page and this one be in limbo.....

Mr. Long, Mr. Watts,

Can we humbly request that the status on this be included in the weekly website update? Its kinda frustrating to hear of other books status in the front page and this one be in limbo.....

I hate to ask, but yes, for those of us who pre-ordered the book, when can we expect it to come in, or can we at least get some info on what is holding things up so long?

I have not only seen those questions asked repeatedly, I've brought them up more than once myself, as diplomatically and circumspectly as I can, most recently during an online chat with Steve a couple of weeks ago. The answers have always been some variation of, "We know how frustrating this is for you -- it's even more frustrating for us. We're getting the books out as fast as we can, and we'll give more news as soon as we have some. A whole bunch of problems are behind the delay, but we don't want to talk about them."

At this point I don't think we can expect anything different, until the printed books actually show up.

I have not only seen those questions asked repeatedly, I've brought them up more than once myself, as diplomatically and circumspectly as I can, most recently during an online chat with Steve a couple of weeks ago. The answers have always been some variation of, "We know how frustrating this is for you -- it's even more frustrating for us. We're getting the books out as fast as we can, and we'll give more news as soon as we have some. A whole bunch of problems are behind the delay, but we don't want to talk about them."

At this point I don't think we can expect anything different, until the printed books actually show up.

As a customer, when you wait a long time for something, you lose sight of why you needed, or wanted, it in the first place. Hopefully this print backlog will be solved before too many people forget about the book. If people are able to make due with the PDF versions of these items for long enough, why bother with a hard copy at some point.

The sheer length of the delay is amazing to me. Their printer either has an amazing backlog of multiple titles it is working through, their entire print infrastructure is beng rebuilt fron scratch, or they went out of business due to the poor economy and Hero has been scrambling to find a replacement printer.

The sheer length of the delay is amazing to me.

I remember back in early December 2010 when the PDF for vol. 3 was released. I was in the earliest planning stages for a Champions campaign. I figured the hard copy would be out in plenty of time for my start date.

Eight months later, I'm on the verge of launching my campaign... I never ever would have guessed the hard copy version of this book would still be unavailable...

Or DOJ owe the printer a significant amount of money and it will print the runs only when DOJ repay pre-established amounts.

*This is not based on anything and is not even my belief. It is only a possibility I think we can add to the list.

** Unless of course it is already clear the problem is on the printer's side.

Or DOJ owe the printer a significant amount of money and it will print the runs only when DOJ repay pre-established amounts.

*This is not based on anything and is not even my belief. It is only a possibility I think we can add to the list.

It's not bad as pure speculation goes. Since there will never be a clear answer, it must be added to the list of possibilities.

This whole line of inquiry is not meant to offend the management, only to vent some ire. I had money tied up in a pre-order for this title for just shy of two months before I finally just asked for my money back. That was seven moths ago.

I'm not inclined to just dismiss this because of something else that happened recently. Simon has stopped his support for Hero Designer because of ongoing issues between Hero and himself. When I read that, my first thought was that he's not getting paid.

• 2 weeks later...
Guest Goradin

Still hoping for this book. I can't see how other lines are printed when we gamers have been waiting on this one. I still want it badly. I know their are likely real world issues but throw us a bone will you. PDF's are cool when you don't have the book but they are not the same. I have this PDF. I would much rather have this than the Advanced Player Guide. Is superhero roleplaying dead? Mutants are slow too nowadays. While I don't play it I do buy some of their world books for ideas.

I am getting pretty frustrated. I am tempted to come to con and see if I can get an answer face to face. I was at origins a few years ago and I was the big guy who said nothing and bought some books from Steve. I am over 2m tall and have one level of density increase if you recall me.