Champions Villains, Volume 3: Solo Villains

Guest dan2448

Re: Champions Villains, Volume 3: Solo Villains

I want this book but I have a hard time justifying much more than $50 for a game book.

I agree with you, RanXerox, especially since the first two volumes are still available in the Hero Store for $37.99 each.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree with you' date=' RanXerox, especially since the first two volumes are still available in the Hero Store for $37.99 each.[/quote']

I did the $110 pledge for all three. That comes out to $36.66 for each. Worked out well since I'm just starting up on the 6th edition rules.

Guest Goradin

About dang time. My pledge is in! Almost half way there and 23 days to go! I hope this one goes through.

• 3 months later...
  • 1 year later...

Hi, I was one of the many Kickstarter supporters of this volume. I was wondering if there are any plans to release any future Champions Villains books? I noticed that some of the villains from the 5th Edition (like Obelisque, Oculon and Ripper) weren't covered. Or will there be new organization books (Viper, Demon, etc.) for the 6th Ed.?

We've vaguely talked about doing a CV4 that would cover organizations, and that's where the likes of Ripper and Oculon (who work for VIPER) would appear. But that's just been a bit of theoretical talk; it's not a plan yet and I make no guarantees about what the company may or may not do. ;) Similarly, at this point there are no plans for new 6E-based versions of books covering specific organizations like VIPER or DEMON, but you never know what Hero Games may consider in the next day, week, month, or year.

I had another question-- I really liked Galactic Champions from the 5th Edition. Champions Beyond for the 6h Ed. was a good, solid book that I'm glad I bought, but I'm wondering if there are any plans to release an updated version of GC?

Also, any other "Book of" possibilities? Along the lines of "Book of the Empress", which I thought was amazing. I had never been much interested in Istvatha V'han before, but that book has fascinating suggestions for entire campaigns! Particularly for those of us who like parallel universes and alternate versions of the same character. I also liked Book of the Machine for the 5th Ed., but then I've always been a fan of Mechanon, ever since the 2nd Ed. Maybe a "Book of the Wizard" for Yin Wu?

While I'm not a representative of Hero Games, from all the official comments I've read i feel pretty confident in asserting that the company doesn't have plans to release any of the books you're asking about. Hero's resources are limited right now, and to the extent they'll be publishing their own books (as opposed to books licensed by other publishers) for the foreseeable future, they'll likely be updated genre books along the lines of Champions Complete.

I won't say "never," intp, but for now I think we've covered the master villains who can most benefit from having an entire book devoted to them. I think what might be more likely going forward would be a book that covers 3-6 master villains in greater detail than CV1. That would be appropriate for plenty of big bads who can't really support an entire book on their own.

Hero has no plans to update GC to 6E. Champions Beyond is about as close as it'll get to that, I imagine.

Re: your earlier question (which I apologize for overlooking before), Hero has no specific plans for more Champions Villains volumes. We have discussed the possibility of a CV4: Organizations, which would provide brief coverage of some organizations previously published (e.g., VIPER, DEMON), and perhaps more in-depth coverage of some that haven't (e.g., ARGENT, the IHA), but this is really just an idea we've tossed around. We have no specific plans at this point.

I won't say "never," intp, but for now I think we've covered the master villains who can most benefit from having an entire book devoted to them. I think what might be more likely going forward would be a book that covers 3-6 master villains in greater detail than CV1. That would be appropriate for plenty of big bads who can't really support an entire book on their own.

Hero has no plans to update GC to 6E. Champions Beyond is about as close as it'll get to that, I imagine.

Re: your earlier question (which I apologize for overlooking before), Hero has no specific plans for more Champions Villains volumes. We have discussed the possibility of a CV4: Organizations, which would provide brief coverage of some organizations previously published (e.g., VIPER, DEMON), and perhaps more in-depth coverage of some that haven't (e.g., ARGENT, the IHA), but this is really just an idea we've tossed around. We have no specific plans at this point.

I would purchase both an Organizations book which dealt with groups not yet detailed, and a compendium of master villains whose resources have been alluded to but not yet spelled out.

• 2 weeks later...

Howdy,

The discussed CV4 sounds *great*! Here's hoping it eventually sees the light of day!

I talked to one of the HG biggies at GenCon at the Indy booth, and he indicated that the future books would be more like Monster Hunters, i.e. done-in-one genre books. Too bad - I would *love* to see more Champions support.

Cheers,

Ken