My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic HERO

Zeropoint

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic HERO

"What are we going to do tonight, Brain?"

"The same thing we do every night Pinky. We're going to take over the world!"

Now that's a photoshop project right there...

Give Pinkie Pie control of her environment and she'll fill the world with birthday cake.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, this thread is disturbing. Whats even more disturbing is that I've seen my little boys watching the show. I won't stop them, but MLP is where I draw the line. They've seen the Carebears too, and that makes me shudder. They absolutely will never be allowed to watch Stawberry Shortcake. Ever.

I would actually not stat up Pinkie Pie ... she seems to be more of a plot device, omnipotent NPC kind of character rather than a PC. She's there to drop hints or help the PCs recover when they bomb their skill checks ... which is really not good DMing, I think, but it's another example of where something works in a controlled medium like TV but not a free-form medium like RPGs.

I would actually not stat up Pinkie Pie ... she seems to be more of a plot device' date=' omnipotent NPC kind of character rather than a PC. She's there to drop hints or help the PCs recover when they bomb their skill checks ... which is really not good DMing, I think, but it's another example of where something works in a controlled medium like TV but not a free-form medium like RPGs.[/quote']

Only if you combine omnipotence with limited competence. Pinkie is far from infallible; many of the things she tries to help out in a situation either fail outright or backfire spectacularly (once apparently she "entertained" a herd of buffalo and, in the process, goaded the lot into charging). Only a PC can blow their roll that spectacularly.

Now getting fed stuff by the GM, possibly fueled by phenomenal Luck rolls, I can buy into.

Considering all the intrest in this too bad this was just a April Fools joke over at WotC;

aprilfools_mlprpg.jpg

They don't know what they're missing out on. Unfortunately, as a subsidiary of Hasbro ONLY WOTC would have a shot at landing the rights, just like with Transformers (another potentially lucrative RPG license that Hasbro is doing nothing with).

Only if you combine omnipotence with limited competence. Pinkie is far from infallible; many of the things she tries to help out in a situation either fail outright or backfire spectacularly (once apparently she "entertained" a herd of buffalo and, in the process, goaded the lot into charging). Only a PC can blow their roll that spectacularly.

Now getting fed stuff by the GM, possibly fueled by phenomenal Luck rolls, I can buy into.

From another perspective, that was the DM thinking 'Darn it, they foiled my plan ... well, I wanted a buffalo stampede in this game, and darn it, I'm gonna have one'. I have, in the past, had a DM who used NPCs* for just such a purpose; to be the party's Gilligan and ensure that the game stayed on its proper rails.

*Or intelligent swords. I can't once recall having an intelligent sword that knew how to keep its metaphorical mouth shut ...

Now I have the question of how to model Fluttershy's amazing power over animals. For those who haven't seen much of her, Fluttershy is a wallflower among other ponies but has a knack for communicating with animals (defined as non-pony creatures with (usually) less than ponykind intelligence) and gently persuading them to do what she wants them to. Fortunately she has their best interests at heart and is able to make them know it -- it's not so much that she can't give them an order against their own interests as that she would never do so under any circumstances. So it's not quite Mind Control and not quite Animal Friendship, but she can use her persuasive abilities on some very powerful critters like a dragon or a cockatrice. Any creature that shows hostility to her almost immediately is gripped by shame over it and willing to cooperate.

Ponies are obviously the norm in Equestria. Occasionally the ponies in Ponyville will view outsiders who don't look or act like normal ponies with suspicion (for example, a zebra who came to town every so often led to virtual panic among the entire population until Twilight was able to step in and dispel the rumors surrounding her.)

Extra PRE only w/"Animals"

I just watched the dragon episode. Fluttershy reduced an angry dragon to tears.

That extra PRE (0nly vs animals and monsters) ought to be 50-60...and armor piercing, with a linked EGO/PRE Drain for when she's angry.

These ponies are beginning to rack up the points...

And telepathy...only for speaking with animals.

RE: The Stare

I actually think it's just +60 PRE (or more), Only for PRE attacks. I'm sure she could use it on the cutie mark crusaders if she wanted to. It may have "No Concious Control" as she claims she cannot control it, but it is always used when needed, so I would not build it this way.

In order of least to most points, my guess is:

Rarity < Rainbow Dash, Apple Jack, Fluttershy < Twilight Sparkle < Pinkie Pie

RE: The Stare

I actually think it's just +60 PRE (or more), Only for PRE attacks. I'm sure she could use it on the cutie mark crusaders if she wanted to.

If she never wants to that's the same as not being able to. And I don't think she can because she didn't use it on the kids who were running her ragged all night. She had to stare down a cockatrice to get them to fall in line. However she can stare down dragons, and dragons are every bit as intelligent as ponies.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39098[/ATTACH]The following all started because my wife got addicted to my little Pony too.

Equestrian Lancers

Background/History: The Lancers serve the Princess as an elite line of defense. Some are assigned to the Equestrian scouts to guard the borders. Others protect the castle. Lancers are essentially a unicorn order of Knighthood, dedicated to protect the Princess, Equestria and all of ponykind.

Personality/Motivation: As an order of knighthood, Lancers consider themselves held to a higher standard. They are willing to sacrifice themselves to protect the innocent. Some are loners who travel righting wrongs, but all will gather in times of crisis to present a united front to a foe.

Quote: “Your thanks is all the reward I require…Well, OK, I will stay for some apple pie.”

Powers/Tactics: Lancers are the knights of Equestria. These knights are all unicorns who have eschewn magic to study Telekinesis. Their horns (enhanced by TK) act as lances or swords as needed. In addition they have a number of TK tricks and tactics they use, like using Entangle on the front ranks of a charging horde, tripping up those behind.

Individually a Lancer is a force to be reckoned with. No one in their right mind wants to be in the path of a full 100 pony Lancer charge.

Campaign use: Player character material right here. They also serve an NPCs with unique knowledge and status.

Appearance: Male or female unicorns in a uniform chain mail barding. They are likely to wear surcoats with embroidered cutie marks as a heraldic device.

Thanks to you guys, my wife is addicted now too. This is her character as dictated to me. There was no attempt to make it fit a set group of points so here she is:

Whimsy Snowmane

Background/History: Whimsy Snowmanegrew up in Princess Celestia’s palace complex. But loved the outdoors so much she ran away 3 times when just a colt. As a young filly, her woodcraft and wood magic attracted the attention of Equestria security. They ended up recruiting her to patrol the borders of the Everfree Forest to ensure the monsters did not leave.

Whimsy could not refuse such a challenge and gladly joined the Equestrian Scouts. Their mission is largely secret, but she reports to Princess Celestia through the Mayor of Ponyville. The townsfolk think she is just the leader of the Pony Scouts.

Personality/Motivation: Whimsy loves little colts, and enjoys her ruse as a Pony Scout leader. But she can be deadly serious when it comes to her real job, protecting Equestria from monsters.

Whimsy loves to laugh and sing, but she also loves quiet solitude. The wind in the trees is like a call for her. She hopes to instill her love for a living, breathing world into a new generation.

Quote: “Yep. These are tracks of a manticore. “

Powers/Tactics: Whimsy can create light with her horn, make a campfire, or create the perfect campsite. She can make fruit and vegetables grow from any plant…and even candy (to the delight of Pony Scouts). Whimsy can stare a monster down and send it running the other way. She can also find a little lost colt before the weather turns bad. All in all, she’s a pretty useful filly to have on your side.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39099[/ATTACH]

Campaign Use: Whimsy maintains a number of campsites for the Equestrian Scouts on the perimeter of the Everfree Forest. She’s been pretty deep inside the forest too. She can serve the party as a Guide, or will alert the Scouts that a group of ponies has entered the forest.

Appearance: Whimsy is a pretty little filly. Her mane and tail are as white as snow. Her coat is Roan red. Her colors are those of a Clydesdale, but she’s a slim, petite pony. Her Cutie Mark is an oak leaf and three red berries.

Well the wife made one, so I need to do the same as well. After all can’t let Whimsy get lonely. Same rules as hers, 175 point limit with massive Experience.

Captain Campion, Equestrian Lancer

Background/History: Campion was born the son of a castle guard. He showed an early aptitude for TK, and trained in a special school for other such “gifted” young colts. He graduated to join the Equestrian Lancers, an elite group of unicorn warriors. His abilities continued to grow and exceeded even the lancers powerful TK abilities.

The Princess assigned Captain Campion to the Equestrian Scouts. He proved his worth single handedly slaying a manticore. (Its Mate hunts him to this day.) Campion’s success with the Scouts has resulted in a number of Lancers supporting and strengthening the group.

Personality/Motivation: Campion is a military pony, but he has softened quite a bit with his time in the Equestrian scouts. In public he tends to be formal, but among friends he cuts lose and enjoys himself.

Quote: “Lancers, assemble!”

Powers/Tactics: Captain Campion trained extensively to utilize his Telekinesis. He is far stronger than most Unicorns, and can enhance his horn into a devastating weapon. His armor is designed to react with his TK to protect him further (it sparkles when this is active).

--Campion’s only magic is an early ability to change colors. Apart from its use in pranks, it embarrassed him to where he never pursued magic any further.

Campaign Use: Campion makes a good contact for players. For GMs he comes in handy as an NPC in the know, or as a rescue when all else is lost. Campion is a font of knowledge about the Everfree forest.

Appearance: Campion is light brown with a darker brown (with white streaks) mane and tail. His Mark is a castle tower. He’s a rather dashing figure.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39100[/ATTACH]

By the way, I'm making assumptions that ponies are around 4 feet tall and can run at 20 M.

I'm using the heroic template of 175 points/50 complications as a starting base.

I really liked my wife's concept, it came out first as a set of powers, and then in a personality. Debbie has no knowledge of the hero system so I worked with her on the rest. The character was more important, so I did not limit her to points.

I wish I could rep you right now, Mr. Pizza. Got .hdc files?

Interesting additions to the setting.....

Yeah...I'm pretty new to Hero Designer. I couldn't figure out a way to print the text from HD, so that's all in a word file.

Can I post the .hdc like the PDF?

Yeah...I'm pretty new to Hero Designer. I couldn't figure out a way to print the text from HD, so that's all in a word file.

Can I post the .hdc like the PDF?

.hdc files are attached to messages and can be downloaded from them. The point of posting them is to get the character out to HEro Designer users in a from that everyone who used HD can edit, customioze, and otherwise use. It's a way of sharing your work.

My post here is an example of posting an HD file. HD also enables you to create a text form that, when inserted into the body of a message, displays all the stat data on the main post.

Probably also just some powers that represent summoning animals. RKA for a bird attack' date=' Darkness for a swarm of butterflies, and the like.[/quote']

I don't think she's ever done that. When "animals" are there she can get them to back down and cooperate with her, but she wouldn't and therefore can't call an army to risk injury much less inflict it on her behalf.

[ATTACH]39104[/ATTACH]

Are you getting this? Cause i can't read them.

The files are there, linked to their names. You might want to put spaces or paragraph breaks between the names for easier reading.

In HD's Export Templates there is an opion to output as a text code file. Copy and paste the contents of that file from Notepad into a forum message to get the display.

I don't think she's ever done that. When "animals" are there she can get them to back down and cooperate with her' date=' but she wouldn't and therefore can't call an army to risk injury much less inflict it on her behalf.[/quote']

Exactly. Fluttershy can't compel creatures to act against their own interests, but she can convince them that their interests includes leaving her friends alone or being somewhere else for a while.