My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic HERO

Zeropoint

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic HERO

Yep thats them...

Yeesh, what were they doing in the real world?

Hmm, now there's a good odd question. Would someone from another dimension (or whatever Equestria is) get offended if they heard someone talking about their world as though it were somehow less 'real' than their own?

Yeesh' date=' what were they doing in the real world? [b']More about that later.[/b]

Hmm, now there's a good odd question. Would someone from another dimension (or whatever Equestria is) get offended if they heard someone talking about their world as though it were somehow less 'real' than their own?

Trixie thought he stole her horn. There was never any overheard conversation.

The whole incident is inspired by fan art with a Humanized Trixie using her horn as a magic wand. She sets it down for a moment, loses it, and then here is this guy running to the elevator with her horn...She was pretty pissed when she she met Brian. The wrong impression can be a dangerous thing with Trixie...

Discord displayed an interesting power in the first episode of the new season. He was able to take the personalities of his enemies and turn them into the exact opposite of what they really were. The victim still had their self-will, but their desires got twisted (and in at least one case they were more susceptible to an illusion effect).

Mind control with limitations? Mental Illusions with advantages?

(I was reminded of a Slayers OVA episode in which the heroines tried to retrieve a mirror that duplicated people with opposite personalities. It is did not go well for the villain, who must have been thinking "Their opposites are shy, demure pacifists! That means the originals must be -- oh ****!")

Yeesh, what were they doing in the real world?

Trixie thought he stole her horn. There was never any overheard conversation.

The whole incident is inspired by fan art with a Humanized Trixie using her horn as a magic wand. She sets it down for a moment, loses it, and then here is this guy running to the elevator with her horn...She was pretty pissed when she she met Brian. The wrong impression can be a dangerous thing with Trixie...

Sorry I meant to reply and clarify before: I was referring less to events in your story proper with my question and engaging more in a general "what would happen?" line of thought. I apologize for the confusion.

And again, your story thus far looks good to me.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

The Celestial Elements of Harmony

A Pantheon

Membership

The primary members of the pantheon are:

Celestia
, Goddess of the Sun and the Day, and
Luna
, Goddess of the Moon and the Night.

These two are attended by six powerful Avatars, each a symbol of certain desirable aspect of mortal nature. They are:

Applejack:
Avatar of Truth and Patron of Farmers and all those who work the earth.

Fluttershy:
Avatar of Kindness and Patron of Herdsman all those who see to the needs of animals.

Pinkamina:
Avatar of Laughter and Patron of Bards, Entertainers, and Jesters.

Rainbow Dash:
Avatar of Loyalty and Patron of Competitors, Sailors, and Soldiers.

Rarity:
Avatar of Generosity and Patron of Artisans.

Twilight:
Avatar of Magic and Patron of Sages and Scholars.

Background/History

Learned men say that long ago the universe was not as it is now, but rather had no form, no shape, and no meaning. Instead, it was a vast cloud of seething chaos, without rhyme or reason, where the natural laws as we understand them did not exist. Rather, the cloud behaved according to its own whims and desires, doing as it pleased according to a logic beyond all mortal ken.

Over the passage of countless eons, life was spawned within this swirling mass of constant confusion. These creatures came in a myriad of shapes, each more bizarre than the last and many unknowable to mortal eyes. The merest of these beings were small points of light and heat, akin to fireflies, that swarmed in untold billions. As time passed, these swarms gathered together, eventually coalescing into a sphere of burning brightness. Within, a spark of intelligence formed, and as it grew, it cast forth light across the void, slowly bringing order out of chaos. In due time, this sphere gave birth to Celestia, the alicorn of the daystar, who honored her mother by placing her high in the sky to watch over all that was to come. As the first true living being, it was Celestia’s responsibility to divide the heavens from the earth, the land from the water, and the day from the night. Seeing that her tasks were too great for a single individual, no matter the scope of her divine power, Celestia formed a second body out of the turmoil around her. Placing this in the sky opposite the life-giving daystar, she created the moon, to provide the world a modicum of light when the sun leaves to prepare for its next journey across the sky. In due time, the moon gave birth to Celestia’s sister Luna, the alicorn of the night.

Together, these two divine alicorns made the world and all that dwells upon and within it. Celestia, as daughter of the daystar, took responsibility for the the creatures and plants that depend upon it for life. She made the peoples of the world, the animals they raise for food, the crops they grow, and all other such things. Luna, in turn, took responsibility for the night, the night sky, and the celestial bodies seen therein. In addition, the sisters took it upon themselves to create additional servants, avatars to aid them in their duties, beings who would look after the alicorns’ creations and ensure the proper order was maintained.

Group Relations

As manifestations of the Elements of Harmony, the six Avatars get along and work well together. Of course, this doesn’t prevent them from the occasional disagreements and the rivalry between Applejack and Rainbow Dash over their physical prowess as athletes is legendary. The Elements also get along well with Celestia, although as the Avatar of Magic, Twilight is closer than the others and often receives Celestia’s personal attention (usually with regards to magical subjects.) The Elements are less familiar with Luna, who tends to keep to herself and associates mostly with her sister. As for Celestia herself, she sees all of the Avatars and Patrons as her children, and tends to treat them with the love and respect any mother would have for her offspring. At the same time, she’s closest to her sister Luna and can be very protective of her younger sibling.

Tactics

As divine beings, the Avatars and Patrons all have a degree of celestial power. The typical member of the pantheon is immortal, resistant to a good deal of physical harm, and possess a pool of spells and powers relating to their calling. In addition, all members of the pantheon can shift from their normal equine forms into centaur or even fully human forms—the better to interact with their worshipers when the situation calls for it.

While Patrons tend to live within Celestia’s court, the Avatars are often sent to the mortal world at the behest of Celestia herself (or rarely, Luna.) There they investigate rumors of infernal incursions, manifestations of dangerous magics and monsters, meet with worthy mortals in need of divine advice and inspiration, and otherwise work the will of Celestia, Luna, and their Celestial Court.

Campaign Use

The use of the Celestial Elements of Harmony in a Fantasy Hero campaign depends on the GM’s need for a divine hierarchy. The most obvious use is to make them the gods of a race of centaurs, although they can also be patrons for PC clerics, druids, and rangers. However, while worshiped and honored, offs are such beings would never be seen. But honestly, with names like Flutershy and Rainbow Dash, where’s the fun in that?

The Celestial Elements of Harmony would work best in a world akin to that of the Greek heroes, in which the gods lake an active roll in events all of the time. As mentioned under Tactics,the Avatars are often sent to the mortal world, either singly or in groups, to advise worthy heroes. If you ant an even more direct connect between the PCs and the Elements, make the PCs the children of the various Avatars (or even Celestia or Luna themselves.) This latter concept would be very much in line with several pantheons (specifically Greek and Finnish) which feature numerous heroes with divine ancestry. Obviously, any such characters would have the Demigod Template from Fantasy Hero along with select powers (albeit on a lower scale) similar in nature to the one’s possessed by their divine parent.

Associates, Allies, and Adversaries

Discord:
The malevolent being known as Discord is believed to be a remanent of the original primordial chaos from which the universe was formed. He normally manifests as a horrific chimera, appearing to be a patchwork collection of animals assembled without rhyme or reason. His general shape is snake-like, reminiscent of a Chinese kioh-lung. Yet while the Chinese dragon is a harmonious blend of animal types, Discord is anything but. For example, each limb ends in a different animal’s claw, while his goat-like head sports an ibex’s horn on one side and a stag’s on the other. Worse yet, his body is known to change over time, with different animal parts appearing and vanishing, purely at random. However, one thing does remain constant—his great size and his great power. Discord is roughly fifty feet in length and possess vast reality warping powers. He can not only remake the physical world as he sees fit, but also can sway even the most disciplined of minds, spreading, as his name implies, conflict and strife wherever he goes. Fortunately, his power is normally kept in check by the watchful eyes of Celestia and Luna.

Brighteyes:
This Patron of Messengers appears as a gray-coated pegasus with golden eyes, mane, and tail. She serves as the personal messenger for both Celestia and Luna, and is often dispatched to the mortal world to being missives from either of the two Goddesses to those heroes deemed worthy of their personal attention. As the bearer of tidings from afar, Brighteyes is often called upon by the general populace, who sacrifice baked goods (especially muffins) in her honor in hopes of receiving good news. Curiously, those who wish to avoid ill news also make sacrifices, but instead call upon Brighteyes’s alter-ego, a cross-eyed pegasus known as Ditzy (or sometimes Derpy.)

Octavia:
A Patron of Musicians, Octavia is one of several beings who are worshiped by those with musical talents. She normally appears as a an elegantly-proportioned horse with a gray coat and a black mane and tail. A master of numerous stringed instruments, she normally assumes a centaur or fully-mortal form when performing.

Spike:
The Patron of Scribes, Spike is usually portrayed as a small humanoid dragon with purple scales and green spines. He is a tireless worker, able to compose missives at a supernatural rate without ever making a mistake. Many tales are told about the speed and skill at which he writes, as well as about his pen of endless ink and his scroll of endless parchment. By incinerating anything he was written with his fiery breath, Spike can instantly transmit the document to either of the two Goddesses, each of the Avatars, or any Patron.

Trixie, The Great and Powerful:
The Patron of Illusions, Stage Magic, and Tricksters, Trixie is often considered the troublemaker of the pantheon, somewhat akin to the Norse god of Loki. A pale blue unicorn with an ice-blue mane and tail, Trixie normally dresses in a tall, conical, and broad-brimmed hat, as well as a high-collared flowing cloak. However, she’s a proficient shape-shifter (as benefits a mistress of illusion) and can appear as almost anything she desires. However, her vanity is such she normally keeps the hat and cloak (or wears something close to it.) While a notably selfish and self-centered Patron, she does enjoy attention and may respond to entreaties from devoted followers, especially if it is made on the eve of an audacious scam or show.

Zecora:
The Patron of Alchemy and Medicine, Zecora is a large and strongly-built zebra. She is the most mysterious of the Patrons and little is known about her among the general population, leading to such mistaken beliefs that she’s some form of evil enchantress. However, among her devoted followers, Zecora’s known to be wise and attentive, who speaks only in rhyme so as to ensure those who worship her consider her words with great care.

Uhm... any opinions of what I have so far?

That's some good stuff! :)

It would not have occurred to me to elevate the whole cast to divine status, but it works. I like the way you included the non-main ponies in important roles for the pantheon--after all, love for the background ponies seems to be an important part of the fandom.

Maybe Lyra and Bon-Bon are the patrons of loving couples? :D

That's some good stuff! :)

It would not have occurred to me to elevate the whole cast to divine status, but it works. I like the way you included the non-main ponies in important roles for the pantheon--after all, love for the background ponies seems to be an important part of the fandom.

Maybe Lyra and Bon-Bon are the patrons of loving couples? :D

And you haven't even see the character sheets! (I will do one for Celestia, Luna, and the Avatars.)