Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Werehawk

Intrest in "The Dirty Dozen" and "Kelly's Heros" as Con events.

I'm curious if there is intrest either at Origins or GenCon (or any of the local Cons here in NE Ohio) in participating in Hero events based on the films "The Dirty Dozen" and "Kelly's Heros". Here is what i have been toying with for awhile.

THE DIRTY DOZEN: Money in the Bank.

Major John Reisman is once again in trouble and General Worden has a way out for him. Train twelve general prisoners within a few weeks time. His mission; intrecept a German convoy that is carring the printing plates for the country's currency and steal them before it reaches an impregnable Alpine castle. The PC's are, of course, the prisoners although I haven't ruled Major Reisman out as a PC.

KELLY'S HEROS: Diamonds in the Rough.

Lt. Kelly and his merry band of goldbugs are heading towards the Swiss border when the French Resistance comandeers their gold in exchange for knocking off an SS prison. What is inside might be worth freeing a few prisoners; 20 million dollars in uncut diamonds. PC's would so far include Kelly, Big Joe ,Little Joe, Crapgame, Cowboy, Willard, and some resistance members. Oddball is an NPC (He is my favourite character and I claim GM's privilage).

Let me know what you think.

Re: Intrest in "The Dirty Dozen" and "Kelly's Heros" as Con events.

I won't be able to attend the cons, but I'd love to see either of those games written up as one offs - I'd love to run them.

IIRC, Kelly is no longer a lieutenant by the time of the movie - he'd been busted for reasons I can't recall. (Yeah, I know, less of the negative waves.)

Re: Intrest in "The Dirty Dozen" and "Kelly's Heros" as Con events.

at least some of the vehicle stats will be easy to come by

Tiger 1

http://surbrook.devermore.net/adaptationsvehicles/militaryground/ww2/germany/panzer6.html, the schtick from the movie about the complaints about the fuel system problems were actually quite true

standard Shermans are in HSVS

there was also an M3 halftrack in the movie, just have to watch it again, it was a GMC variant with a 75 AT gun I think

surbrooks page has most of the typical german ww2 tanks and vehicles already statted out

if you need something thats not there, I can help with that