Only vs Elemental Attacks

Re: Only vs Elemental Attacks

I assume he's talking about one of the "Classical" sets of Elements but which set:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Classical_element

the Four or the five classical elements? Or does he mean the chemical Elements? Or perhaps damage dealt by members of the music group Elemental?

The fact is: We don't know what for his campaign and his understanding "all elemental attacks" is, and as such we cannot answer until we know.

Hi heroes,

I'm looking to build Damage Reduction with the limitaion "Only vs Elemental Attacks". In a standard 5th Edition Champions setting of superheroes, what do you think the limitation would be worth? I'm thinking -1/4, but could it be as much as -1/2?

Well. If you mean any elemental attack, regardless of the build, there is a big thread on it called Hmmm, more about special effects.

As Elemental Attacks could be formed from various mechanics, the best thing to do is follow the precedent of 6th edition Damage Negation. You swap defence against all attacks versus one defence for defence against all attacks of a particular SFX. That is azero cost, zero limitation swap.

The big thing will be thrashing out, before the game start what you would be happy to consider an Elemental Attack.

Doc

First' date=' what exactly is an "Elemental Attack"?[/quote']

Whoops! My apologies. I wrote this question near 2 am in the morning. Was not thinking clearly. When I wrote "Elemental Attack" I meant the classic elements such as air, earth, fire, water, electricity, cold.

Defining 'elemental' so broadly, I'd give you a -1/4 tops. It would cover every common energy type and several uncommon ones. Off the top of my head, the only things I can think of that wouldn't affect are radiation and raw magic.

Plus, Air and Earth would be Physical, not Energy and require Physical DR.

When I wrote "Elemental Attack" I meant the classic elements such as air' date=' earth, fire, water, electricity, cold.[/quote']

Please specify what air and earth encompass and how common they are.

Some people may only consider natural stone as "earth", while others would include baldes/bullets (metal=earth), living plants (earth as livegiver) or even acid.

What type of campaign are we talking about? In modern times fire and electricity are considered Common by the book, in fantasy electricity might be a little bit rarer.