Setting, really: Corporate Champions?

novi

Re: Setting, really: Corporate Champions?

I am trying to imagine Ghost Archer with a Dr. Pepper logo on his chest having to stop in the middle of combat to hold up a can, pop the top and take a long drink to satisfy his corporate sponsor. I guess the dazzling white smile would be brought to you by Crest. After a while all the heroes would begin to look like NASCAR cars.

Just wondered:

Do the corporate heroes need to maintain a Secret ID?

How do the get their payment form their company? (getting cash seems to be the only suiteable way)

I'm going to waffle on it and say that Secret IDs vary from company to company. Just like it varies whether the hired super keeps his own super-persona or adopts one the company provides.

As to payment, it probably depends on how much info the hero wants to reveal to the company. Some need cash, others have direct deposit, other just happen to have a no limit Am Ex card. I imagine most companies prefer enough info to just give them a paycheck, but others might put up with silly games.

I guess it depends on just where you fall on the plausibility of secret IDs question. Personally, I'm okay with the notion that people would be able to keep a secret ID for an extended period, as long as they take reasonable precautions.

I think Nascar could form a basis for this as far as the corporate sponsorship goes.

"Look, it's Tide Man. He cleans up crime."

CES

I am trying to imagine Ghost Archer with a Dr. Pepper logo on his chest having to stop in the middle of combat to hold up a can' date=' pop the top and take a long drink to satisfy his corporate sponsor. I guess the dazzling white smile would be brought to you by Crest. After a while all the heroes would begin to look like NASCAR cars.[/quote']

Yeah, I did think of that. Some heroes do take that route, and end up looking like Captain Amazing. Most, however, I am going to assume find that to be a lot of work for not much reward; yes, your sponsors have less control over you for the NASCAR approach, but it's not like most sponsors are that heavy-handed and micro-managing, and it takes almost a full time job to manage all the sponsors before you even get to te superheroing or advertising.

Mind you, for the sake of argument, if this were to become a game, I would imagine it to be most convenient for all the PCs to be on the same team with the same sponsor(s), and that suggest to me one firm that hires a whole team