OK someone write up this Sailor Moon Attack

Agent Escafarc

I haven't seen that attack but I expect it's something like Khan's finishing move. Major Transform to star with habitable planet, AoE Radius, Megascale a few light years radius. Since Sailor Star Maker probably doesn't juice up by plugging into the Reliant's systems, you can add Cumulative and 1 continuing charge lasting 9 months to build up enough Transform Body

The episodes of Sailor Moon in question (the season is referred to as Sailor Stars) have never been shown on American television -- in fact, I can;t think of an American network that would see them slip past Standards & Practices intact. Heroines who spend most of their time as male idol singers would have hard time getting past S&P.

I was convinced for a long time that the Three Lights were women disguised as men until an episode at a lake resort where the Three Lights were shown with bare, breast-less chests. One of them is later shown nearly nude in one of the single funniest episodes of Sailor Moon ever made.

Of course, i had some justoification in my belief. I the original comic, the Three Lights WERE disguised women. Which made the fact that one of them spends most of the series courting Usagi even more interesting. One of the ongoing discussions in Sailor Moon fandom is whether Seiya of the Three Lights was more deserving of Usagi than Mamoru was -- the answer to that question frequently depends on how you feel Takeuchi-sensei meant her charatcers to be interpreted as far as their sexual idnetity. (Many fans feel that the various boyfirends in the TV series were inserted artificually and that most of the Sailor Senshi were meant to be lesbian.)

As far as the attack in question goes, Star Gentle Uterus is essentially an Energy Blast (most Sailor Moon attacks can be modleed as Energy Blasts that happen to be attached to different "elements" -- Sailor Moon herself is a superemely powerful exorcist and spiritual healer in addition to having some powerful Energy Blasts of her own to take out "monsters".)

One other reason you'll never see Sailor Stars on Cartoon network is that it has a very grim climax and Sailor Moon spends most of the last episode wearing no clothing at all.

"If God had meant Usagi tsukino to fly, he would have given her wings! Wait a minute -- what are those feathery things on her back?"

Originally posted by Marcus Impudite

Not even on Adult Swim?

Sailor Stars would be a toughnsell for Adult Swim because it is, after all, the fifth season of a show that has been promoted for years as a children's shpw (even though in it's original form it really isn't).

Even Adult Swim shows have to face S&P, ab;liet somehwat looser. The very violent Cowboy Bebop and the just plain weird FLCL made it (apparently FLCL was a popular and critical smash on Adult Swim!), but Sailor Stars may be a bit much. Plus there is huge competition for sports on Adult Swim, just like thgere is huge competition for slots on Toonami. They are the ultimate prestige slots of Cartoon Network and the prime ratings-grabbers for your show (I think the only show that's ever really bombed on Toonami was Hamtaro, and that was because it was far too kididified for the Toonami audience even in its original form.)