Torchwood Style, Delta Green Brainstorming

Turmoil

Hi All

Just starting 'brain'storming' for a low-powered DAC game. I'm looking to the great Hive-mind of the forums for ideas. I've not run out of ideas, but i'm just looking for suggestions that i may never consider.

I've listed below some very basic ideas i have (all can be subject to change :))

• PC's built on 175 with 50 complications
  • Using 6th Edition
  • Based in England
  • All players are part of Other Organizations but work for ?? (Not decided on name yet)
  • Inspirations are Delta Green (No Cthulhu though)
  • Torchwood (But more dark and grim)
  • Conspiracy X (But less global)
  • Thinking of weak or latent psi talents (not sure about this)
  • Reverse engineered Alien tech (eg Majestics 12)
  • Alien presence very hidden with possibility of multiple races of which some are working with the Government? hmmm
  • Possible first 'Eruption' of Super-powers from Alien contagion/plague/bio-engineering??? (Thinking of Progenitor here)

I'm open to any ideas and thought it might be fun to brain-storm to get some cool ideas.

Re: Torchwood Style, Delta Green Brainstorming

[*]Possible first 'Eruption' of Super-powers from Alien contagion/plague/bio-engineering??? (Thinking of Progenitor here)[/list

I recently read a book (I won't specify 'cos I'm not sure it's been officially released yet & it's something of a spoiler) in which the expression "Super Powers" & "Magic" are essentially side-effects of the arrival of an Alien (whether Extraterrestrial or Extra-Dimensional is unspecified) refugee, so maybe the 'Eruption' in your game could also be an "Unintended Consequence".

Another idea the book gave me, that I've been considering for my own development, is that maybe the Refugee(s) chose Earth & Humanity for multiple reasons, specifically that (a) we're believed to be next on the agenda & might thus make useful allies, & (B) we will also be the source of the problem & by coming here beforetime it might be possible to prevent the issue.

(but in fact, the problem arises because the refugees came here...)

I would therefore posit that the powers & abilities are "weak" because the 'Eruption' is recent, & the need to be trained & developed (& there is also a cycle the reverse Progenitors, those who get powers later have a "stronger" final power threshold [but all generations start with equivalency of ability] to which they can be trained, because of a feedback loop from those who came before).