• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: THE COURT OF DREAMS: ANIME MAGIC GIRLS for CHampions

I just got the pics that I'd done of some of the other CoD characters back

from The Arc today (thanks again), and here's the first of them --

Lady Heart:

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39917[/ATTACH]

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

I hate to say this, but this is not exactly how I picture her in my mind. The 'armor' look is good, but she is supose to look more like a anime magical girl...which means a poofie short dress with leg-o-mutton sleaves and a puffed out skirt. And lace.

O-well...I guess Hero Machien can't work with such puffyness.

Sorry about that; when PhantomGM6101 first told me what the look was

for the girls, he described it as being a cross between Sailor Moon and

the Power Rangers -- and since the first pics that I did of them were from

the descriptions that I've seen in other places, that was the look that I

wound up giving Lady Heart.

I'll see if I can do something a little more like what you've described,

but I can't guarantee that it'll turn out the way we'd like it to.

Major Tom 2009 :(

The Queen's handmaidens -- Lady Pain (green and purple outfit), Lady Fear

(yellow and white outfit), Lady Anger (red and orange outfit), and Lady

Sorrow (blue outfit with black trim):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39937[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39936[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39934[/ATTACH]

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

The Queen's handmaidens -- Lady Pain (green and purple outfit)' date=' [b']Lady Fear[/b]

(yellow and white outfit), Lady Anger (red and orange outfit), and Lady

Sorrow (blue outfit with black trim):

[ATTACH=CONFIG]39937[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39936[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39935[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]39934[/ATTACH]

Major Tom 2009 :eg:

Er Tom

we've got a slight Problemo here, the boards saying your attachments are invalid You might want to try again only post them in seperate postings.

BTW I sent the descripts of the knight via Email hope you got 'em

Er Tom

we've got a slight Problemo here, the boards saying your attachments are invalid You might want to try again only post them in seperate postings.

BTW I sent the descripts of the knight via Email hope you got 'em

PhantomGM6101: I just checked my email, but I didn't see anything from you

about that. Can you resend the info on the Knights?

OK. Great work on Queen Nightmaira, Monsterin, and The Court of Hate. Great work done, MajorTom2009.

Now, that I got that out of the way, my critiqu on the artwork for my charater, Lady Heart.

First, the things I love about it. I like hir hair. While I described it as haveing red sausage curls (al-la Karin, from Street Fighter Alpha 3, only red and oddly shaped), I can acept your interptation of it. I like the two 'princess curls' look.

I also love the earings and tiera, othoe thay look extremly thick. The color pink is also a good color on hir.

Now, what I hate about the artwork...the 'armor' look. I hate the armor on all the good guy charaters so far, but since most of the charaters are not mine, I let it slide. Frankly, it looks like all of them should be pulling out swords and other weapions instead of wands. Color me crazy, but I like my magical girl charaters (even the gender changers like my charater) to look like loliepops, rainbows, ribbon, lace, hearts and flowers. In other words, femimen, and not young girls with swords.

Now, the in game reasion why my charater should look a bit difrent from the others...s/he is not a member of the Court of Dreams. S/he is an student/observer asigned to them untill s/he can regain her court (which became the Court of Hate), and it becomes safe for hir to return to hir home dimention of Terocka (and then Robert Trueheart has to then give up the power of the godgem from Terocka for that to happen, or sacrofice his life on Earth to help Terocka rebuild after Queen Nightmaira's reinge...or whatever we decide). Another reasion is that Robert is an otaku, and the godstone used his mind (and anime knolage) to paterned it's power into something he could understand, and what he understands is the sterotypical magical girl (alla Sailor Moon, Wedding Peach, and even the Winxs Club).

So, Robert transformed should look simuler to that concept. And, once the Court of Hate has changed to the Court of Terocka once again, so should the other girls (Lady Joy, Lady Health, Lady Bravity, and finaly Lady Tranquility).

Oh, you might want to do for the Court of Hate one Lady Hate. She is basicly what would become of Lady Heart once Queen Nightmaira gets her evil claws into hir godstone.

OK. Great work on Queen Nightmaira' date=' [b']Monsterin[/b], and The Court of Hate. Great work done, MajorTom2009.

Now, that I got that out of the way, my critiqu on the artwork for my charater, Lady Heart.

First, the things I love about it. I like hir hair. While I described it as haveing red sausage curls (al-la Karin, from Street Fighter Alpha 3, only red and oddly shaped), I can acept your interptation of it. I like the two 'princess curls' look.

I also love the earings and tiera, othoe thay look extremly thick. The color pink is also a good color on hir.

Now, what I hate about the artwork...the 'armor' look. I hate the armor on all the good guy charaters so far, but since most of the charaters are not mine, I let it slide. Frankly, it looks like all of them should be pulling out swords and other weapions instead of wands. Color me crazy, but I like my magical girl charaters (even the gender changers like my charater) to look like loliepops, rainbows, ribbon, lace, hearts and flowers. In other words, femimen, and not young girls with swords.

Now, the in game reasion why my charater should look a bit difrent from the others...s/he is not a member of the Court of Dreams. S/he is an student/observer asigned to them untill s/he can regain her court (which became the Court of Hate), and it becomes safe for hir to return to hir home dimention of Terocka (and then Robert Trueheart has to then give up the power of the godgem from Terocka for that to happen, or sacrofice his life on Earth to help Terocka rebuild after Queen Nightmaira's reinge...or whatever we decide). Another reasion is that Robert is an otaku, and the godstone used his mind (and anime knolage) to paterned it's power into something he could understand, and what he understands is the sterotypical magical girl (alla Sailor Moon, Wedding Peach, and even the Winxs Club).

So, Robert transformed should look simuler to that concept. And, once the Court of Hate has changed to the Court of Terocka once again, so should the other girls (Lady Joy, Lady Health, Lady Bravity, and finaly Lady Tranquility).

Oh, you might want to do for the Court of Hate one Lady Hate. She is basicly what would become of Lady Heart once Queen Nightmaira gets her evil claws into hir godstone.

Thanks for your comments, both for and against. That said, in my defense, I was

working from descriptions that I'd gotten both from PhantomGM6101 and the CoD

thread over at RealRoleplaying.com. In the descriptions, it was mentioned that

there was a chestpiece as part of the girls' outfits, and that suggested that it was

armor of a sort (and I don't think that I'd be alone in thinking that). Given that

particular bit of information, and the email that I'd gotten from PhantomGM6101

describing the girls' look as a cross between Sailor Moon and the Power Rangers,

it wound up suggesting the designs that I used for their pics. Now that I've got

your description of what Lady Heart should look like, I can try to come up with a

new pic for her.

As for doing a pic of Lady Hate...do you have any objections to me doing her pic

in the same style as the rest of the Court of Hate, or do you want something

else?

BTW, I've got no problem with you putting those pics on your DA website, none

at all (:D).

As for doing a pic of Lady Hate...do you have any objections to me doing her pic

in the same style as the rest of the Court of Hate, or do you want something

else?

BTW, I've got no problem with you putting those pics on your DA website, none

at all (:D).

No objections about what Lady Hate would look like...remember that the Court of Hate was molded into what Queen Nightmara needed, and her sence of style...so Lady Hate should only vagely look like Lady Heart.

And thanks for the permition to put the pics up.

It looks like I'm going to have to redo the girls' pics, so maybe --

just maybe -- I'll wind up with something that looks a little bit

more like what magic girls apparently look like (crosses fingers).

Just don't forget the magical words, "Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi".

It looks like I'm going to have to redo the girls' pics, so maybe --

just maybe -- I'll wind up with something that looks a little bit

more like what magic girls apparently look like (crosses fingers).

Hopefuly I am not the cause of the re-art. Phanton shoulden't order all new artwork of HIS charaters because of MY opinions, but his own.

Hopefuly I am not the cause of the re-art. Phantom shoulden't order all new artwork of HIS charaters because of MY opinions' date=' but his own.[/quote']

Actually guys, I've just found the lost email and I'm sending it along with the ref pics.

Tom the first batch should be relabeled as the Warrior mode when the girls face Armies or monsters too powerful for magic spells to handle.:king::bounce::think:

It's not a case of reordering new pics; PhantomGM6101 pointed out (over at

the Real Roleplaying site) that the girls were teenagers, not adults. The body

form that I used to do their pics is the same one that's used for more or less

adult characters; I had originally planned on using the smaller body template,

but after seeing how skinny (and distorted-looking) the body was, that was

why I used the standard body form. I think that I might be able to use the

next-smallest body template for the new set of pics; hopefully, these will be

better-recieved.

In the meantime, I'm going to go ahead and post the pics of those Knights

that I've done and have gotten back.