you cannot make this up: Swedish man arrested for trying to split atoms in kitchen

LordGhee

Re: you cannot make this up: Swedish man arrested for trying to split atoms in kitche

Heh, I think someone scooped it, but hey, it's what happens in countries where Men aren't allowed to pee standing up. :D

~Rex....says it leads to atom splitting in the worst ways.....

Re: you cannot make this up: Swedish man arrested for trying to split atoms in kitche

Heh, I think someone scooped it, but hey, it's what happens in countries where Men aren't allowed to pee standing up. :D

~Rex....says it leads to atom splitting in the worst ways.....

Men aren't allowed to pee standing up in some countries? :confused:

I feel that RM is letting his preconieved notions out for a walk.

Nice! Two phrases today to use.

The other one:

I've been trying to snatch victory from the jaws of defeat, but now I'm just hoping defeat will regurgitate something I can use.

Men aren't allowed to pee standing up in some countries? :confused:

It's Illegal in a Few. Supposedly. Feminist Party managed to get it banned not long back and it's spreading out of Sweden into other countries. Think it may have started in Switzerland (at least after 10pm)....Got one of the signs around here somewhere....who knows if it's enforced I don't live in Europe anymore so I only pay attention to stuff over there when old friends send me a Giant Metal Sign that looks like:

1197115377134296375stefann_urinating_while_standing_is_forbidden.svg.med.png

~Rex

Complete and utter hogwash. The Feminist Party (or FI, feministiskt Initiativ) has never been, and in all probability never will be, in a position to make law. And if they tried something liker that, they'd be laughed off the street.

I suspect the sign came from some bar.

Though, heck. Could of been from an office where the CEO's wife brought up every single meeting that some guy was responsible for peeing on the co-ed toilet seat. And since there were only four guys in the office it was easy for us to narrow down who was the messy one. Especially since three of us used the bathroom that was across the hall since it was closer to our offices on the other side of the building from the co-ed bathroom, next to the CEO's office...

Stranger things and Laws have been passed. Sure gets a lot of mention here and there, some fairly funny replies in various articles, might toss those in a humor thread....*shrugs* Regardless, weird stuff. Next thing you know folks will be atom splitting in their kitchens.....

~Rex

I suspect the sign came from some bar.

Though, heck. Could of been from an office where the CEO's wife brought up every single meeting that some guy was responsible for peeing on the co-ed toilet seat. And since there were only four guys in the office it was easy for us to narrow down who was the messy one. Especially since three of us used the bathroom that was across the hall since it was closer to our offices on the other side of the building from the co-ed bathroom, next to the CEO's office...

Think it came from a wall in Göteborg. My danish cousin sent it to me she's one of those Feminist Party radicals. Get stuff like that from her side of the family every couple of years. Beats the stuff I get from the other side of the family, you can't hang cheese on a wall very well or for long.

~Rex....will shoot her an email and see where she swiped it from....warning....she's blonde....and a Dane.....well Half Dane Half Icelandic so....bit of an attention span issue. Good kid though...

Rex, I think you're mixing urban legend with fact. There are not and never have been any laws like that in Scandinavia: or even the suggestion of them. Hell, here in Copenhagen, they're still trying to get guys to stop pissing in the middle of town after a few drinks at a bar (it's called "wild pissing" and has a long danish tradition)*. It's not uncommon - at all - to see guys discreetly (or occasionally not so discreetly) pissing at the side of the road, even during the day.

And yeah, they do it standing up.

cheers, Mark

*Rejected slogan from Copenhagen tourist board "Come to Wonderful Copenhagen: it doesn't smell nearly as much of piss as it used to!"

They're selling blackberries in the produce section in supermarkets now. One of our service clerks asked if someone goes out into the fields and pees on them. After all, bums and drunks pee on the ones that grow in the back alley behind her place all the time, and everyone she sees picking and eating them seem to enjoy them.

Rex' date=' I think you're mixing urban legend with fact. There are not and never have been any laws like that in Scandinavia: or even the suggestion of them. Hell, here in Copenhagen, they're still trying to get guys to stop pissing in the middle of town after a few drinks at a bar (it's called "wild pissing" and has a long danish tradition)*. It's not uncommon - at [b']all[/b] - to see guys discreetly (or occasionally not so discreetly) pissing at the side of the road, even during the day.

And yeah, they do it standing up.

cheers, Mark

*Rejected slogan from Copenhagen tourist board "Come to Wonderful Copenhagen: it doesn't smell nearly as much of piss as it used to!"

I do recall that from my last visit to the homeland.....still ....said Illegal to Pee standing up thing pops up in a lot of places for an Urban legend, especially in the silly laws sites and books where of course USA charges ahead with some of the goofiest laws ever written.... the No Pee No Flush after 10 swiss one, that repeats a lot.

But then you get things like this popping up all over the place..... critters like Spuk. http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,1378083,00.html .... Granted we sell "I had Jerky with Sasquatch!" T-Shirts here, but a Toilet Widget that snarks at you if you pee standing up..... *shrug* Seems Invasive.

~Rex....

Complete and utter hogwash. The Feminist Party (or FI' date=' feministiskt Initiativ) has never been, and in all probability never will be, in a position to make law. And if they tried something liker that, they'd be laughed off the street.[/quote']

Knowledge is no excuse for breaking the non-law.

Do you or don't you pee standing up?

I pee standing up. :straight:

Then by your own admission you are guilty.

Non-case dismissed.

I do recall that from my last visit to the homeland.....still ....said Illegal to Pee standing up thing pops up in a lot of places for an Urban legend, especially in the silly laws sites and books where of course USA charges ahead with some of the goofiest laws ever written.... the No Pee No Flush after 10 swiss one, that repeats a lot.

But then you get things like this popping up all over the place..... critters like Spuk. http://www.dw-world.de/dw/article/0,,1378083,00.html .... Granted we sell "I had Jerky with Sasquatch!" T-Shirts here, but a Toilet Widget that snarks at you if you pee standing up..... *shrug* Seems Invasive.

~Rex....

Shrug. If people want to buy dumb stuff to put in their house, they can. This falls into the same space as those signs I've seen in US toilets with phrases like "If you tinkle when you sprinkle, be a sweetie, lift the seatie" and "We aim to please - you aim too, please" - though it doesn't surprise me that Germans have one that issues commands instead :)

Personally, I've never heard of spuk and - having spent plenty of time in Germany (especially in bars) over the last decade - no men there seem to have heard they are not supposed to piss standing up. I asked two German friends about this and the emails I got back were full of suppressed "Those wacky americans! What will they make up next!" - and they are both from Berlin. I think we're back in urban legend country again.

And the whole point about urban legends is that they do pop up a lot. How many times have you heard the "JFK and the Jelly Doughnut Speech" urban legend? That one's easy to see, but it's often hard to work out how they got started. Here's a reverse one: Brazilians apparently think that all Americans think Buenos Aires is the capital of Brazil. How? Why? Who knows. People believe weird ****.

The myth that it's illegal to pee standing up in Germany probably started with something like this: somebody once suggested that maybe it should be (no such law was ever passed). However, far from being law, German has the word "Sitzpinkler" - meaning a man who sits down to piss. It has the same meaning (though it's more abusive) as "wimp" in English. In other words, the whole "Must sit down to pee" thing is a joke in Germany. Oddly enough, one of the two mentioned that he had heard it was law in Sweden

So .... a quick Google search on "Illegal to pee standing" found people claiming that it was illegal to pee standing up in ... Sweden (occasionally all of scandinavia), the Netherlands, the UK, France, Belgium, Norway, Australia ... aaaaaand some states of the US!

It is in fact, illegal in none of these places, and the various sites have people from those countries going "Wait, what?" in response.

So I take back my earlier statement about it probably being an urban legend. It's definitely an urban legend.

cheers, Mark

Meh.

It's pretty clear just from its format that the whole, "NoPSU" is an urban legend designed to play on men's fears of being emasculated by women and to inculcate fear of female empowerment.

"Sitzpinkler."

Great. For the record, IPSU. Always have. Always will. No hands. Hands are for girls.

There should be a word for men that pee with no hands... like, "testosterite" or "ubermachoi"...

... "masculord"...

~ Mister E ("The No Man's Hands Lander.")

Shrug. If people want to buy dumb stuff to put in their house, they can. This falls into the same space as those signs I've seen in US toilets with phrases like "If you tinkle when you sprinkle, be a sweetie, lift the seatie" and "We aim to please - you aim too, please" - though it doesn't surprise me that Germans have one that issues commands instead :)

Personally, I've never heard of spuk and - having spent plenty of time in Germany (especially in bars) over the last decade - no men there seem to have heard they are not supposed to piss standing up. I asked two German friends about this and the emails I got back were full of suppressed "Those wacky americans! What will they make up next!" - and they are both from Berlin. I think we're back in urban legend country again.

And the whole point about urban legends is that they do pop up a lot. How many times have you heard the "JFK and the Jelly Doughnut Speech" urban legend? That one's easy to see, but it's often hard to work out how they got started. Here's a reverse one: Brazilians apparently think that all Americans think Buenos Aires is the capital of Brazil. How? Why? Who knows. People believe weird ****.

The myth that it's illegal to pee standing up in Germany probably started with something like this: somebody once suggested that maybe it should be (no such law was ever passed). However, far from being law, German has the word "Sitzpinkler" - meaning a man who sits down to piss. It has the same meaning (though it's more abusive) as "wimp" in English. In other words, the whole "Must sit down to pee" thing is a joke in Germany. Oddly enough, one of the two mentioned that he had heard it was law in Sweden

So .... a quick Google search on "Illegal to pee standing" found people claiming that it was illegal to pee standing up in ... Sweden (occasionally all of scandinavia), the Netherlands, the UK, France, Belgium, Norway, Australia ... aaaaaand some states of the US!

It is in fact, illegal in none of these places, and the various sites have people from those countries going "Wait, what?" in response.

So I take back my earlier statement about it probably being an urban legend. It's definitely an urban legend.

cheers, Mark

Aye. But it is a FUNNY Urban Legend. :D Regardless, we have dumber laws on the books here that aren't legend. In the meantime, I want to order a Spuk.

~Rex

Think it came from a wall in Göteborg. My danish cousin sent it to me she's one of those Feminist Party radicals. Get stuff like that from her side of the family every couple of years. Beats the stuff I get from the other side of the family, you can't hang cheese on a wall very well or for long.

~Rex....will shoot her an email and see where she swiped it from....warning....she's blonde....and a Dane.....well Half Dane Half Icelandic so....bit of an attention span issue. Good kid though...

Well I've seen a few weird signs on bar toilet doors here in Göteborg/Gothenburg. ;)

Apart from Urban Legends, we do seem to have a disproportionate amount of robbery attempts made by perpetrators wielding axes. Then again, very few are made using automatic weapons. Just the occasional driveby.

FYI - just like L. Marcus, I stand up. Even in Gothenburg. :)