The Force

whitekeys

Well, I've started a Star Wars campaign, and I'm busy creating a Jedi template, complete with standard Force Powers. It was getting rather complicated with all the different ways Jedi "connect" to the force (in order to listen at distance, 'sense' things, sense people, receive visions, etc.) but then I had a bit of a brain wave in regards to "sensing" the force in general. I could define the Force as a person, or class of mind, which is omnipresent (always have LOS). I defined as a Mind Link, possibly Psychic Bond, which all the Jedi have with the Force.

So, my dumb question is... if Person A establishes a Mind Link with Person B, and then Person A establishes a Mind Link with Person C, is there a Mind Link between Person B and C? If Obi-Wan is connected to the Force (defined as a Person) is he then connected to Darth Sidious in some way as well? Or does it matter who established the Mind Link to begin with? If they are all irreversibly connected, how can I overcome the fact that they'd then be able to hear each other speak all the time?

Hopefully everyone can see the genius in this rule, since all the Jedi are connected through the Force anyway, and since the Force is a human, I can have it "communicate" to the Jedi whatever and whenever I want. Because originally, I was going to have Precognitive Clairsentience, No Conscious Control, etc. But then I got to thinking... if you don't have control over when the Force gives you visions, then why pay character points for it? Anyway...

I'm going to have to come up with a bunch of other power that work through think Mind Link, or possibly on their own, representing all the different Force Sense powers. Your suggestions and advice on that would be much appreciated, along with answering my original question. Thanks guys!

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Force

So, my dumb question is... if Person A establishes a Mind Link with Person B, and then Person A establishes a Mind Link with Person C, is there a Mind Link between Person B and C? If Obi-Wan is connected to the Force (defined as a Person) is he then connected to Darth Sidious in some way as well? Or does it matter who established the Mind Link to begin with? If they are all irreversibly connected, how can I overcome the fact that they'd then be able to hear each other speak all the time?

Yes everyone in the Link can talk to one another freely. "Typically, every character in a Mind Link can “hear” everything that’s “said” to any other character in the Link." 6e1 Pg268.

Oh and Mind Link can be shut off at will (Which is nice since mental attacks made though the link succeed with no To hit Roll). To shut down your branch of the mind link, may require a character to abort their phase (GM's call). If they abort to shut down the link, then the attack fails.

Sensing the force seems to be more like a Wizard detecting Magic. Things and Places DO have an impression in the force. (Otherwise the Miraluka Species would be truly blind, because they have no eyes and use the force to "see") http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Miraluka#Miraluka

The easiest way to do this in Hero System is "Detect Force" you use sight as a base. It's 360deg,

13 Detect A Single Thing 11- (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees)

You might want to make it cost end and take time, or add concentration for Padawans (Masters seem to be pretty dialed into the force at all times)

It also seems to give a kind of Danger Sense, though only for things that can be sensed with the Detect Force power (this allows you to have people who are invisible to the Force either though training/ability or just not being a part of the force).

While Force Ghosts seem to be able to talk mind to mind, it doesn't seem like something that any jedi in the movie exhibit as a power (it sure would have made order 66 harder to carry out, and would have made jedi movements during the clone wars easier).

Do a search for it on these forums and you'll see a ton of different ways the Force has been worked up. There are even Hero Designer templates for it.

Generally, Force powers seem to come as variations on telekinesis, a wide range of intuitive sensory effects (including a limited sort of telepathy), and some kinds of biofeedback (healing trance, etc.)

Some Jedi don't get the "visions from the Force". If you look at Obi-Wan's reactions in the movies to Anakin's dreams, you can see clearly that he doesn't think there's anything special to them. Yoda, on the other hand, does get visions like this, and seems to be able to see them at will with a bit of effort. That doesn't spell "Free power" to me. And it's a power that's *taught* to Luke in ESB.

Detect! Brilliant! That solves the issue for quite a few of the powers that I was struggling with. But there are more! lol I still like the idea of a Mind Link, because that also takes care of a lot of powers I was struggling with, especially thinking of the Force as a sentient being. So, I will repose my question to future readers: What's the best way can I overcome the ruling that everyone in the Mind Link can hear everyone else in the Mind Link? The book (6E1) says you can make an EGO roll to "talk quietly", but that seems unreasonable to be doing all the time. However, it does pique the possibility of accomplishing that task at all.

Furthermore, in the expanded universe, with information taken from the Star Wars wikia, there are definitely powers capable of listening to others speak over long distances, similar in fashion to "sensing" them, I suppose, or even visions. Not to mention that each particular application of the force is a learned technique, as Starcloud vaguely alluded to, so I'm interested in building all these powers for my n00b PCs so they can choose which areas of the Force they're good at.

Any other ideas on "It could be used to feel another being's feelings, the future, ripples in the Force caused by momentous or traumatic events, impending danger and the presence of the dark side." OR "This enables them to feel their environment, detect danger and the location of hidden beings or enemies even through barriers, as well as see in complete darkness".

So' date=' I will repose my question to future readers: What's the best way can I overcome the ruling that everyone in the Mind Link can hear everyone else in the Mind Link? The book (6E1) says you can make an EGO roll to "talk quietly", but that seems unreasonable to be doing all the time. However, it does pique the possibility of accomplishing that task at all.[/quote']

The "Concealed" Sense Modifier (6E1 212) lists possible ways to Make Transmitting Senses harder to "overhear".

When every force user has "Force Awareness", then those with Transmission for Force Awareness can send messages to every Forceuser. Use Megascale on the Transmitting End and Megascale and/or Telescopic on the recieving end.

Actually I would make it simple and just define that Force Powers = Mental Powers and have as little work as possible.

Any other ideas on "It could be used to feel another being's feelings' date=' the future, ripples in the Force caused by momentous or traumatic events, impending danger and the presence of the dark side." OR "This enables them to feel their environment, detect danger and the location of hidden beings or enemies even through barriers, as well as see in complete darkness".

Seeing in complete Darkness/while Blinded is Spartial Awareness, asigned to the Force Sense Group.

So' date=' I will repose my question to future readers: What's the best way can I overcome the ruling that everyone in the Mind Link can hear everyone else in the Mind Link? The book (6E1) says you can make an EGO roll to "talk quietly", but that seems unreasonable to be doing all the time. However, it does pique the possibility of accomplishing that task at all.[/quote']

It depends on whether this linked in conversation is seen as an advantage or a disadvantage. Personally, I see it as both and that you could provide a +0 Advantage, does not provide communication....

Doc

Hyper-Man, I hate to say it because I appreciated the effort greatly, but alot of that stuff (so far) is unfortunately useless to me, partly because alot of the links are Expired (-1), Not Found (-2), etc. anbd partly because that stuff goes back to 4th Ed and 5th... something which I have trouble deciphering personally. But I'll continue on and hopefully get a couple of templates up on my blog. Stay tuned and keeping sending ideas!

If you want to go with the Force as a omnipresent entity that all Jedi have a Mind Link with but don't want casual eavesdropping, how about making "the Force" an alien class of mind, and the Mind Link only works with that particular alien class of mind. Now you can't get crosstalk from other Jedi because they are the wrong class of mind.

If you want to be able to mentally contact other Jedi, use Mind Scan. The Mind Link could enable you to narrow the search field from "entire universe" down to "those connected to the Force". If you want to avoid having to buy Telepathy, you might then buy the adder for an additional class of minds (Jedi) with the Mind Link, with the limitation "only useable with Mind Scan".

The idea of writing up The Force as a character reminds me of this post by Lucius Alexander:

http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/85010-Dwarves-with-No-Spirits?p=2159727#post2159727

... specifically this:

An unfocused AI or Computer obviously lacks a body (which is why I use that "template" for Gods and spirits) and it's hard to imagine targetting them with a Physical Transform at all. Where would you POINT it?

The Force, if anything, is one dimensional: like the mind...music... time... Computers...

Computers and Artificial Intelligences completely lack PREsence. This was a stumbling block for me in using the AI template for Gods' date=' actually. Hero Designer does not even support giving an AI PREsence as a Power, and I had to fake it with a Custom Power.[/quote']

Easy enough.

If you want to be able to mentally contact other Jedi' date=' use Mind Scan. The Mind Link could enable you to narrow the search field from "entire universe" down to "those connected to the Force". If you want to avoid having to buy Telepathy, you might then buy the adder for an additional class of minds (Jedi) with the Mind Link, with the limitation "only useable with Mind Scan".[/quote']

Actualyl it is a good idea to let them buy a Complication "Affects as Additional Class of Mind: Force-Sensitive Being". That way you can easily explain while a certain mental power works agaisnt all force wielders.

One thing about Mind Classes in general:

Normally everybody belong sto one, single Mind Class: Human. That is even true for nun-human beings like Martians, Kryptonians or Sulustans, Rhodians.

You only give them a different Class of Mind when you want them to "stand appart" from the others (this is most often done with the Machine Class of Minds). For example the resistance vs. the Mind Trick could be that they have a different Mind class, wich has up and Downsides.

Ockham's Spoon, I like your idea. I shall implement it right away. I also like your Mind Scan power. Here are some sample powers I've got so far. Please critique, especially values of Limitations, as I have little experience with that. I have dispensed with giving them proper "force" names. Also, each of these powers has Concentration, but it could also be Costs Endurance. What's your take?

Comprehend Speech: Universal Translator (20 Active Points) Double Negative Modifiers (-1/2), Only to Understand (-1/2), Only Emotional languages (-1/2)(8 Points)

Precognition: Precognitive Clarsentience (Sight Groups)(40 Active Points); Precognition Only (-1), Only Through Dreams or Meditation (-½), Vague and Unclear (-½), No Conscious Control (-½)(11 Real Points)

Connection to the Force: Mind Link (Alien Class: The Force), Additional Class of Mind (Jedi)(5 Active Points); Only Usable with Mind Scan (-1/2)(3 Points)

Sensing the Force: Detect (The Force, +3 to Roll), Passive, Range, Sense, Increased Arc of Perception (360 degrees)(25 Active Points); Requires a Force Roll (-1/2), Concentration (Half DCV, -1/4), Vague and Unclear (-1/2)(11 Real Points) Notes: Various materials and energies that block lightsabers naturally also block the ability to sense The Force through them. Ex. cortosis, phrikk.

Sensing the Dark Side: Detect (The Dark Side of The Force, +3 to Roll), Passive, Range, Sense, Increased Arc of Perception (360 Degrees)(20 Active Points); Requires Force Roll (-1/2), Concentration (Half DCV; -1/4)(11 Points) Notes: Various Materials and energies that block lightsabers naturally also block the ability to sense The Force through them. Ex. cortosis, phrikk.

Sensing Another’s Feelings: Telepathy 4d6, Invisible Power Effects (+1/2)(30 Active Points) Receive Only (-1/2), Empathy (-1/2), Requires a Force Roll (-1/2), Concentraion (Half DCV; -1/4)(11 Points)

Psychometry: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group)(40 Active Points); One Sense Only (-1/4), Retrocognition Only (-1), Time Modifiers (-1/2), Vague and Unclear (-1/2), Must touch an Object (-3/4), Only to See Events Related to Object Touched (-1), Requires Force Roll (-1/2), Concentration (Half DCV; -1/4)(7 Real Points)

Telepathy: Mind Scan 2d6, MegaScale (Galactic: +3¾)(48 Active Points); Cannot Attack Through Link (-1), No Range (-1/2), Require Force Roll (-1/2), Concentration (0 DCV; -1/2)(14 Real Points)

I've also been contemplating attaching either an Advantage or a Limitation that enables other Force users to counteract Force Powers used by someone else. I'm sure you're familiar with what I'm talking about from various games, books, etc. So, adding another Defense that a power is effected by is... what? Like a NND, but in addition to the original. So, if a Jedi uses Force Push on a Dark Jedi, the Dark Jedi can make an EGO Roll to resist, negating the effect, unless he fails, in which case the attack goes through but his regular defenses apply still. Or might that be Damage Negation (The Force), Requires EGO Roll (-1/2)?

Secondly, what's the best way to represent increased skill in any particular field (DEX, SPD, Acrobatics) that is a result of studying the Force, which takes effort or concentration to accomplish? Usually, those Powers are Persistent. Costs Endurance? Concentration? Nonpersistent? Basically, I just want it to be employing the force, rather than having it be a constant. It might make it more interesting, especially if I throw in Require Force Roll. Players will have to decide which Force Power they're going to use, and when, in order to get the best results.

Comprehend Speech: Universal Translator (20 Active Points) Double Negative Modifiers (-1/2)' date=' Only to Understand (-1/2), Only Emotional languages (-1/2)(8 Points)[/font']

Is this about those Birds in the 2nd Thraw Trillogy?

If it is, I would just asume that they had no normal Voice but Transmit for the Force-Sense. Why Mara could not understand them: Either handvavium, or part of a "Still not really a Jedi" limitation that she overcame when wrecking her last posession.

Precognition: Precognitive Clarsentience (Sight Groups)(40 Active Points); Precognition Only (-1)' date=' Only Through Dreams or Meditation (-[/font']½), Vague and Unclear (-½), No Conscious Control (-½)(11 Real Points)

They used that power consciously multiple times. The uncontrolled part could be anything from a Limitation to "it's part of being a Jedi" that this stuff hapens. Uncontrolled Precognition tends to be a adventure hook, not a power you should pay points for.

[/color]Sensing the Force: Detect (The Force' date=' +3 to Roll), Passive, Range, Sense, Increased Arc of Perception (360 degrees)(25 Active Points); Requires a Force Roll (-1/2), Concentration (Half DCV, -1/4), Vague and Unclear (-1/2)(11 Real Points) [/font']Notes: Various materials and energies that block lightsabers naturally also block the ability to sense The Force through them. Ex. cortosis, phrikk.

What about Yisalamiry? Or would you build thier power as a Supress/Handvavium?

Sensing the Dark Side: Detect (The Dark Side of The Force' date=' +3 to Roll), Passive, Range, Sense, Increased Arc of Perception (360 Degrees)(20 Active Points); Requires Force Roll (-1/2), Concentration (Half DCV; -1/4)(11 Points) [/font']Notes: Various Materials and energies that block lightsabers naturally also block the ability to sense The Force through them. Ex. cortosis, phrikk.

Didn't they regulary said, that the Dark Side is hard to detect?

Psychometry: Retrocognitive Clairsentience (Sight Group)(40 Active Points); One Sense Only (-1/4)' date=' Retrocognition Only (-1), Time Modifiers (-1/2), Vague and Unclear (-1/2), Must touch an Object (-3/4), Only to See Events Related to Object Touched (-1), Requires Force Roll (-1/2), Concentration (Half DCV; -1/4)(7 Real Points)[/quote']

For Pre- and Retrocognition, the Time Modifiers Limitation is something you should consider.

I've also been contemplating attaching either an Advantage or a Limitation that enables other Force users to counteract Force Powers used by someone else. I'm sure you're familiar with what I'm talking about from various games' date=' books, etc. So, adding another Defense that a power is effected by is... what? Like a NND, but [i']in addition[/i] to the original. So, if a Jedi uses Force Push on a Dark Jedi, the Dark Jedi can make an EGO Roll to resist, negating the effect, unless he fails, in which case the attack goes through but his regular defenses apply still. Or might that be Damage Negation (The Force), Requires EGO Roll (-1/2)?

I have never seen them Block a force Shoove. What you mean could be done with the Interference (APG 170) and Sustained Attack/Contest of Power (APG 171) but it requires the enemy to have an action prepared.

Secondly' date=' what's the best way to represent increased skill in any particular field (DEX, SPD, Acrobatics) that is a result of studying the Force, which takes effort or concentration to accomplish? Usually, those Powers are Persistent. Costs Endurance? Concentration? Nonpersistent? Basically, I just want it to be [i']employing[/i] the force, rather than having it be a constant. It might make it more interesting, especially if I throw in Require Force Roll. Players will have to decide which Force Power they're going to use, and when, in order to get the best results.

Take a look at the Skills Power (6E1 283). Basically you can buy any Skill, Extra Skillpoints, Skill Level or similar with that power and apply Power Modifiers to it.

For example a Focus that let's you know how to fight (Martial Arts, Breakfall, Acrobatics....). For force Skills it could be "Cost Endruance". Skills Power is Special Power, but you could still rule that they can be put in a Skill Multipower if you think that is right.

I've also been contemplating attaching either an Advantage or a Limitation that enables other Force users to counteract Force Powers used by someone else. I'm sure you're familiar with what I'm talking about from various games' date=' books, etc. So, adding another Defense that a power is effected by is... what? Like a NND, but [i']in addition[/i] to the original. So, if a Jedi uses Force Push on a Dark Jedi, the Dark Jedi can make an EGO Roll to resist, negating the effect, unless he fails, in which case the attack goes through but his regular defenses apply still. Or might that be Damage Negation (The Force), Requires EGO Roll (-1/2)?

I would probably just put some form of Inaccurate Limitation on TK Force powers. That makes them difficult to use on animate targets who are at full DCV, but using them on unaware targets (e.g. Luke in Jabba's Palace or on C3PO in the Ewok Village), targets who know they will be dealt with in any case if they try to resist (e.g. Darth Vader vs. Empire lackeys), or to Grab inanimate objects (e.g. Darth Vader throwing things at Luke in Episode 5; then again, maybe he just bought off or partially bought off the Limitation) is another story.

You could also simply make liberal use of the suggestion that, "At the GM’s discretion, RAR Skill Rolls are also subject to Skill Versus Skill Contests" (6E1CC p. 389).

When I was considering a Star Wars Hero game, I did the following to emulate The Force:

New Skills: Being a fan of the old WEG d6SW system, I adapted the Alter (EGO), Control (PRE) and Sense (INT) skills into the Hero System. At their core, they were nothing more than activators for powers and cost the standard 3/2 that most skills do.

New Rules: All powers were "RSR" for at least one of the above skills, while some of the more powerful ones were linked to multiple skills. Other powers had "Side Effect: Cause 1d6 Dark Side Pts", where the total DSP a hero could take was EGOx2 before being corrupted. Some powers had a greater amount, but most were around 1d6. The Jedi Template itself had several starting powers that MUST be taken (things like "Detect Force (Sense)", "Jedi Leap (Alter)" and "Lightsaber Combat (Control)". Other powers were made available and the power level could grow quite high in some cases (aka Mace Windu in the original Clone Wars cartoon). I had also planned a few of the Lightsaber combat methods as martial arts.

New Gear: I had worked up the stats for a Lightsaber, but left some of the tricks for them to be used as Force powers rather than embedding them into the saber itself. IIRC, I think the basic Lightsaber was around a 4d6 AP HKA (OAF) with a -4 OCV to use by anyone (the Jedi Template had a +4 to offset the minuses). There were enhancers I had planned, with different crystals giving a saber other inherent powers and different sizes/styles that would be slightly different.

In the end, I scrapped the game, as my group decided they wanted to do something different ...

That's too bad Sketchpad! In all likelyhood, I'm going to encounter the same thing, as my players aren't real big HERO players anyway, but that sucks.

Also, I have to say.. I'm not interested in numericizing something that should be role-played: The Dark Side points idea. Alot of other star wars stuff that I looked at had similar systems. I'm trying to make this as simple as possible. If PCs want to fall to the Dark Side (given their complications) then they can. Thanks for the tips, though.

To counter Force powers by using the Force, just use the Block mechanic with the caveat that the Force can only be blocked by the Force. This is akin to saying you need a weapon or a shield to block a sword - you generally can't do it with your hand. To use it at range, buy Deflection.

To represent using the Force to make Jedi better warriors, buy them Aid to DEX, OCV, DCV, DCV, and SPD (+2; DCV is in there twice because as a defensive power it costs twice as much to affect it). You could also buy them Overall Levels, Cost END.

Most of your Force powers look good, but I will throw out a couple suggestions. First, why have a Detect Force and Detect Dark Side? I would probably roll that into one Detect and get rid of the "Vague" limitation, but that might not be quite the flavor you want.

For the empathy power, why not use Detect: Emotions instead of Telepathy? Since you aren't sending, this is just as effective but cheaper. Higher level Jedi with full-blown Telepathy might ditch the Detect, but this would be the easy way for most of them.

To counter Force powers by using the Force, just use the Block mechanic with the caveat that the Force can only be blocked by the Force. This is akin to saying you need a weapon or a shield to block a sword - you generally can't do it with your hand. To use it at range, buy Deflection.

To represent using the Force to make Jedi better warriors, buy them Aid to DEX, OCV, DCV, DCV, and SPD (+2; DCV is in there twice because as a defensive power it costs twice as much to affect it). You could also buy them Overall Levels, Cost END.

Good ideas. I forgot about aid.

Most of your Force powers look good' date=' but I will throw out a couple suggestions. First, why have a Detect Force and Detect Dark Side? I would probably roll that into one Detect and get rid of the "Vague" limitation, but that might not be quite the flavor you want.[/quote']

The first Detect: Force entry is not necessarily to be able to see things specifically. This is for sensing disturbances, unbalances and ripples, as well as the presence of the Force in other beings, or places. The Force tends to emit an aura, so this is probably the best way. Further, Detect: Dark Side is a more specific Detect. I should change some of the adders and Advantages/Limitations around to make the first detect more of an all-the-time thing, and latter detects more active. But I will think on that more. It seems to me that they're different things: passively being in connection with the Force, and using the Force to find things actively. Not to mention, then it becomes more of a choice for characters to buy which things they are more "in tune" with sensing.

For the empathy power' date=' why not use Detect: Emotions instead of Telepathy? Since you aren't sending, this is just as effective but cheaper. Higher level Jedi with full-blown Telepathy might ditch the Detect, but this would be the easy way for most of them.[/quote']

I thought of this, but I had Steve's voice in the back of my mind.. "Characters who want to read other's thoughts and emotions should buy Telepathy instead" hahaha You could go pretty crazy with the Detects, like Detect: Minds, Discriminatory, which is basically mind scan. I thought there was something said about that in the Detect book entry, like not letting characters define too many vague or specific things with their Detects, but I can't find it.

Here are the new entries

Sensing the Force: Detect (The Force, +3 to Roll), Passive, Range, Sense, Increased Arc of Perception (360 degrees)(25 Active Points); Requires a Force Roll (-1/2), Vague and Unclear (-1/2)(12 Real Points)

Sensing the Dark Side: Detect (The Dark Side Users), Range (10 Active Points); Requires Force Roll (-1/2), Concentration (Half DCV; -1/4)(6 Points)

Is this about those Birds in the 2nd Thraw Trillogy?

Not sure, didn't read those, but this is supposed to be what a representation of what the wikia calls Comprehend Speech. It's Universal Translator, but the rules for that talent are too broad. Only to Understand, because the Force power doesn't enable Jedi to speak; Emotional Languages Only because it's part of how the language is spoken that makes it understandable. For example, they weren't able to understand the sand people because they were so primitive, and further, the UT rules say that you can also interpret hand language, smoke signals, etc. so i thought that was taking it too far; Double Negative Modifiers for those times when you do come across someone like the Sand people.

They used that power consciously multiple times. The uncontrolled part could be anything from a Limitation to "it's part of being a Jedi" that this stuff hapens. Uncontrolled Precognition tends to be a adventure hook' date=' not a power you should pay points for.[/quote']

True, but why have it in the game anyway? Besides, all these powers are going into a VPP virtually point-free, and I wanted to put it in as an example to show my PCs. Despite not being able to control it, they still are gaining benefit. Assuming they make their rolls, they'll be receiving visions of future danger, warnings of comrade's situation, etc.

The Lightsaber!

I'm proud of this one guys, but don't be shy in critiquing.

Lightsaber: Hand Killing Attack 4d6, Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Armour Piercing (+1/2)(120 Active Points); OAF (Lightsaber; -1), Decreased Stun Multiplier (-2; -1/2), Real Weapon (-1/2), No STR Bonus (-1/2), DEX Minimum (15, Cannot add Damage; -1¼)(25 Real Points) plus Ranged Based On Strength (+1/4), Constant (-1/2) for HKA based on 120 Active Points (30 Active Points); OAF (-1), Decreased STUN Multiplier (-2, -1/2), No STR Bonus (-1/2)(10 Real Points) Total Cost: 35 Points

Lightsaber Return: Telekinesis 1 STR (2 Active Points); Only works on Lightsaber (-1), Linked (Lightsaber Throw; -1/2), Extra Time (Extra Segment; -1/2)(1 Real Point)

Only problem might be the Constant advantage on the Ranged ability. This is representing the fact that a Jedi can hold his lightsaber at range, using the Force (or at least so has been depicted in various videogames). But, really, the exact rules regarding Constant powers aren't quite consisten with a single lightsaber attack. However, assuming Linked works like I think, the Telekinesis must be used, effectively stopping the Constant power. Besides, most people will be dead after a hit with this things, anyway, requiring the Power be activated again at a different target.