Women of the Champions Universe (Fanpictorial)

Epiphanis

Re: Women of the Champions Universe (Fanpictorial)

No, its supposed to be like that. It is a "candy lolita" dress, with a skirt big enough to be flouncy and doll-like while short enough to show off her legs. However, I count at least two errors I made in this picture, neither of which I noticed before posting it (its was getting late and I rushed it). One of them is fairly major and now I can't stop noticing it, so I may post a corrected version of the same picture soon. Can you spot the errors (you may come up with some I still haven't noticed)?

• Replies 196
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[ATTACH=CONFIG]44569[/ATTACH]

Charm Girl

Ah, she I know (if only by reputation).

Nice Lolita outfit (not exactly EGL, but defently something like Sweet Country Lolita).

For thoes who do not know, "Lolita" is a rebelous type of fashion style in Japan. It mostly 'borrows' looks from the mid to late 1800's France, but modified for moderen day. You mostly see it when clubing or around the Harajuku area.

Doctor Phantom was one of the founding members of the Sentinels from the 1960s, now long retired. She is mentioned several times in 6th Ed. Champions Universe and was given a write up in Digital Hero #13. She is Darren Watts' creation and appeared prominently in the 1940s as a child prodigy NPC in the playtest of his Golden Age sourcebook. I would be greatly surprised if an updated version of her did not appear in his Silver Age sourcebook when he drafts it.

Doctor Phantom was one of the founding members of the Sentinels from the 1960s' date=' now long retired. She is mentioned several times in 6th Ed. Champions Universe and was given a write up in Digital Hero #13. She is Darren Watts' creation and appeared prominently in the 1940s as a child prodigy NPC in the playtest of his Golden Age sourcebook. I would be greatly surprised if an updated version of her did not appear in his Silver Age sourcebook when he drafts it.[/quote']

Thank you for the 411 on the charater.

Nice picture. Looks like they took the same look in Champions Online:

http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20100616000022/championsonline/images/5/50/Ghost_Veil.jpg

Just wish they had done the same with Gravitar...

I don't think Ghost Veil has appeared or been mentioned anywhere in a PnP book to date -- only in Champions Online.

• 2 months later...

Yes' date=' her expression is meant to convey that she's pretty damn insane. I must admit, however, that the final effect is probably overdone and is more caricature than I had wanted.[/quote']

Not familiar with the Dreamwitch character, so when I saw this pic I thought she had a Power: Evil Eye, Always On.

Just found the thread today.

Nice art work. While I think Scorpia is the best drawing...

[ATTACH=CONFIG]42604[/ATTACH]

Gloriana.

I like this pose the best because it looks like you were drawing a real woman. A lot of "super" art seems to be drawn in action or in a pose we normally wouldn't see (one knee raised up to the rib cage, standing but pushing the hips out far). Also, the artwork does seem to be improving in quality over time. Kudos to you!

OK, I'll bite. What are the other few colors that do not exist in the visual light spectrum?

Cryptic Studios apparently decided to represent psionic energy as magenta colored. Which makes a certain amount of sense: magenta is one of the very few colors that doesn't exist in the visual light spectrum and is' date=' in effect, a neurological construct of the brain.[/quote']

OK' date=' I'll bite. What are the other few colors that do not exist in the visual light spectrum?[/quote']

I don't remember all of them, but one of them is called "eigengrau," which is the weird shade of light gray you only see in absolute darkness. It's basically "white noise" generated by the tiny electrical impulses in your optic nerve and the visual centers of your brain; it gets drowned out whenever your eyes are stimulated by actual light, but reappears when you experience total sensory deprivation.

Technically, neither black nor white are part of the spectrum either, I think.

OK' date=' I'll bite. What are the other few colors that do not exist in the visual light spectrum?[/quote']
Technically' date=' neither black nor white are part of the spectrum either, I think.[/quote']I keep getting told black and white are shades, not colors.

If I remember correctly (and it's been a few years), there was a show on History Channel or Science Channel that talked about light and they stated if you laid out the film of a movie roll for a movie that lasted about two hours, one frame would cover the visible spectrum and the rest would be those humans can't normally perceive.

Now, I don't recall if this is science fact or accepted science theory (like dark matter and dark energy being used as a filler to cover for things science can't explain), but that was the explanation of the full light spectrum, to the best of my memory.