The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained herein)

megaplayboy

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

As for Lucius' idea, the idea of a belt (or a handcuff build, for that matter) that is accessible by lockpicks would probably be more of a Limitation to the effect of "Can Be Removed With Successful Lockpicking Skill Roll." I'd maybe give that a -1/4.

JG

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

Chastity Belt: (Total: 17 Active Cost, 2 Real Cost)

Barrier 4 PD/4 ED, 2 BODY (up to 1m long, 1m tall, and 1/2m thick), Both Ways Transparent to Attacks (+0) (17 Active Points); OAF (-1), Feedback (-1), Limited Power Provides no protection to wearer (-1), Extra Time (1 Turn (Post-Segment 12), Only to Activate, -3/4), Required Hands Two-Handed (-1/2), No Range (-1/2), Self Only (-1/2), Real Armor (-1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4) (Real Cost: 2)

I wouldn't say being lockpickable is a Limitation; it's part of the special effect of requiring a key. The wearer can't get in or out without a key, but then no one else can either so I don't see that as being worth points. As I said in the earlier post, I can see someone disagreeing about using the Focus Limitation for this at such a high value, but I think the cost comes out more appropriate this way. Having thought of it, I don't see where the game mechanics differ for men or for women, although obviously a chastity device designed for one would not work for the other. If you want to design it as an "attack" i.e. something one character imposes on another rather than as a "defense" one character uses to protect against others, I suppose you could use the Entangle model. The Set Effect Limitation for handcuffs or legcuffs is, among other things, for cutting the target's DCV to half rather than to zero; I don't see a chastity belt cutting DCV at all, nor effecting movement, and it leaves all limbs and senses free, so I would say it's a larger Limitation.

Lucius Alexander

Or you could Multiform to Palindromedary

Based on suggestions from both James and Lucius, this is what I came up with for the Entangle-based chastity belt (5th Ed):

Entangle 3d6 (Standard Effect: 3 BODY), 6 DEF, Takes No Damage From Attacks (+½), (67 Active Points); OAF (-1), Cannot Form Barriers (-¼), Set Effect (genitals only; -1), Does Not Decrease CV Or Movement (-1), Does Not Prevent Use Use Of Accessible Foci (-1), No Range (-½), Must Follow Grab Or Target Must Be Willing (-½), Can Be Removed With A Modified Lockpicking Roll (-¼), 1 Recoverable Charge (-1¼). Total cost: 8 points.

As Lucius stated above, this write-up is for a device used on an unwilling subject to prevent coitus and/or *ahem* "self-gratification" rather than willingly worn to defend against potential violation. A mustache-twirling villain from a tawdry medieval fantasy story, for example, might force a female character into one of these, claiming that her loins belong to him and him alone (thus her and her heroic love-interest have the daunting task of getting the devilish device off of her before they can consummate their relationship). It's also possible there are villains in some superheroic and sci-fi settings who are demented and perverted enough to have constructed (or paid someone else to construct) such devices with BODY and DEF on par with a set of Supercuffs (see Gadgets And Gear).

• 4 months later...

Strange Ideal #37: Martial Arts "Eros Fencing" (using the penus as a weapion, but not in the way feminist warn about). I don't have a write up on this, but I'll just toss it into the air and see if anyone grabs it.

Anyone know if Hojojustu got a decent martial arts write up? A grab based martial art with the chain/rope element.

There are hetromorphic several species that reproduce that way. The peni are sharp enough to penetrate the body of the other member of the species and leave sperm that migrate to where the eggs are. The winner gets to reproduce without having to bear the children while the loser still gets to reproduce but has to provide all the energy and nutrirpents females usually do.

• 2 months later...
  • 4 months later...
  • 8 months later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Went through my library of 5th Ed Champions books, took a look at the write-ups of the published female characters therein, and after crunching the numbers and doing some rolls on a dice roller program, I can confidently say Byron and his *ahem* "special abilities" would wreak quite a bit of havoc if he was turned loose in the 5th Ed Champions universe. Can't really speak for the 6th Ed universe, but if anyone cares to do the number crunches for that, I'd be curious to seeing the results.

• 3 months later...

Agh!

I noticed my pdf file disappeared.  That's perhaps a blessing in disguise.  I had thought about revisiting this thread and redoing some of the write-ups, maybe adding some more suitable "flavor" to make things less mechanics oriented and more oriented towards running romantic subplots and introducing erotic tension into games.  Probably worth a shot. 

• 5 months later...

Cross posted

Teflon Don Juan

Sex is for Fun: (Total: 4 Active Cost, 2 Real Cost) Change Environment (-1m of any mode of Movement), Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Persistent (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Uncontrolled (+1/2), Sticky (+1/2) (3 Active Points); Limited Power Only vs Spermatazoa (-2), No Range (-1/2), Always On (-1/2) (Real Cost: 1) <b>plus</b> Life Support (Immunity: Venereal Disease), Sticky (+1/2) (Real Cost: 1)

They Can't Make it Stick: (Total: 5 Active Cost, 2 Real Cost) Fringe Benefit: Diplomatic Immunity (5 Active Points); Limited Power Only as pertains to ethical consensual erotic activities (-1 1/2) (Real Cost: 2)

Resist Romantic Entanglements: (Total: 12 Active Cost, 5 Real Cost) +6 with EGO Roll (12 Active Points); Limited Power Only to resist Charm (-1), Conditional Power Only in romantic context (-1/2) (Real Cost: 5)

Oh, and

Discretion Assured: (Total: 5 Active Cost, 5 Real Cost) Anonymity (Don't kiss and tell your spouse/older sibling/other possessive or protective person) (Real Cost: 3) <b>plus</b> Positive Reputation (A small to medium sized group) 14-, +2/+2d6 (DO tell your friends: For a Good Time, Call....) (Real Cost: 2)

Let's invite the whole world to the orgy

Free Love Now!: (Total: 5 Active Cost, 1 Real Cost) Life Support (Immunity: Venereal Disease), Area Of Effect (4m Radius; +1/4), Persistent (+1/4), Inherent (+1/4), Affects Desolidified Any form of Desolidification (+1/2), Usable Nearby (+1), MegaScale (1m = 10,000 km; +2), Cannot alter scale (-1/4) (5 Active Points); Extra Time (5 Minutes, Only to Activate, Character May Take No Other Actions, -1 1/4), Required Multiple Users (2 people; -1/4), Requires A Roll (in the Hay) (14- roll; -1/4), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Incantations ("Free Love Now! Free Love Forever! Free Love for You and Me and for Everyone!"; -1/4) (Real Cost: 1)

Lucius Alexander

the palindromedary is already immune to sexual diseases by virtue of being immune to sex

• 1 month later...

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her I have a seemingly endless "to do" list for this thread/project, but it boils down to: 1. more character writeups 2. genre/sub-topic notes(maybe a dozen bullet points apiece, 20 topics) 3. copying and pasting everything into a word doc, then turning it into a usable pdf #3 includes giving credit where it's due, so if you want to give me a "boost", feel free to collect all your own contributions and PM them to me, so I can put them in their own section for now. :) I'm juggling a bunch of real world stuff--work, job-hunting, guitar practice--along with working on this and the sourcebook on running Epic superhero campaigns, so needless to say, it's taking a bit longer than I expected. ;)

Is there a possibility we could see any more character write-ups?

• 4 months later...

Due to ancient genetic engineering efforts, defective genes were weeded out of the gene pool completely, and incest carries no risk of bringing out genetic defects.

Over time, defects would creep in. They need to hang onto that ancient genetic engineering knowledge and keep up the maintenance.

Speaking of which, I've just gone through the thread and I think fixed the formatting in all my old posts. I encourage anyone else who posted to do so, if you'd like to be easily legible.

Lucius Alexander

Quality Checking a Palindromedary

• 1 month later...
  • 10 months later...