The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained herein)

megaplayboy

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

Worked up several packages of options. Most came to around 20 pts so with a little tweaking I made them all 20 except for the last one.

"Well sir, we do have this one unit we haven't been able to place. Keeps complaining, and they're not supposed to do that. Placed with several men so far and always claims to not like them. Maybe we can let you try this one out on a trial basis, you can pay for it at the end of the voyage if you wish and give it back otherwise... if it doesn't work out this time we may just have to scrap this one." (Try to make him think we really would scrap the unit if he doesn't keep it...if he's the right kind of client for this package he won't be able to resist that.)

20 The "Just like your ex wife" Package.: (Total: 60 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost)

"Can we do what I want to do for a change?" Persuasion 13- (5 Active Points); 2 Charges which Recover every 1 Week (-2), Side Effects (If Persuasion fails, fembot becomes non-functional for 10 - 60 minutes: crying, nagging and arguing, going into another room and locking the door, or otherwise being useless and annoying. This may be circumvented, however, with a Charm roll made by the fembot's Master; -¼) (Real Cost: 1)

plus

Read Audience (Sight Group), Discriminatory, Analyze (13 Active Points); Requires A Roll (Acting Skill roll; -½), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (½ DCV; -½) (Real Cost: 6)

plus

"Am I...real?" Mental Illusions 1d6, Attack Versus Alternate Defense (Telepathy. (Mental Defense is no defense, but a telepath will not be fooled); All Or Nothing; +0), Side Effects (Side Effect always occurs whenever the character does some specific act; Upon reaching a cumulative total of 10, and again at 20, the fembot will engage in at least one conflict or quarrel with Master. Such conflicts will continue to recur on a more or less random basis thereafter; +0), Area Of Effect (8m Radius; +½), Invisible Power Effects, Hide effects of Power (Fully Invisible; Additional Group Hearing Group; +1 ½), Cumulative (96 points; +1 ½) (22 Active Points); 1 Charge (-2), Limited Power Only to convince the master that the fembot's behavior reflects conscious, self-directed agency (-1 ½), Extra Time (20 Minutes, Only to Activate, Must interact, or at least mutually observe each other ; -1 ¼), Eye Contact Required (-½), No Range (-½), Requires A Roll (Acting or Read Master Skill roll; Can choose which of two rolls to make from use to use; -¼) (Real Cost: 3)

plus

Studying for the Turing Test +4 Acting, Persuasion, Conversation, Charm, Read Master, Read Audience, and Getting to know you (KS: master) (16 Active Points); Limited Power Only to simulate consciousness, free will, and emotion (-1 ½) (Real Cost: 6)

plus

Really getting to know you +4 with KS: Owner (Real Cost: 4)

Some clients are actually more comfortable with a unit that is obviously not a "real woman."

20 Uncanny Valley Girl Package: (Total: 27 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost)

Reassuringly robotic PS: Mime (4 Active Points) 13- (Real Cost: 3)

plus

"At the tone, the time will be...." Absolute Time Sense (Real Cost: 3)

plus

Uncanny Silence - Stealth (Familiarity already paid for) 12- (Real Cost: 2)

plus

Uncanny Stillness - Concealment (Familiarity already paid for) 13- (2 Active Points); Limited Power Only to conceal self (can remain motionless for hours) (-1) (Real Cost: 1)

plus +1 with Stealth, Concealment, and PS: Mime (Real Cost: 3)

plus "Computing...." Deduction 15- (7 Active Points); Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (0 DCV; Character is totally unaware of nearby events; -1 ½), Extra Time (Extra Phase, Only to Activate, -½) (Real Cost: 2)

plus

Memory Upgrade - Buy off Limitation on Eidetic Memory (3 Active Points) (Real Cost: 3)

plus

"This unit calculates that your refractory period is only 79% of the average for your age cohort!" Lightning Calculator (Real Cost: 3)

plus

Uncanny Valley Girl AK: Uncanny Valley 8- (Real Cost: 0) 0

Some clients have...exotic tastes 20 The "Refugee from a hentai" pacage: (Total: 67 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost)

"How many, how deep, and how wide do you want the orifices?" Shape Shift (Sight, Touch and Hearing Groups, limited group of shapes), Imitation, Makeover, Costs END Only To Change Shape (+¼) (47 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -½), Affects Body Only (-½), Extra Time (Extra Segment, -½), Concentration (½ DCV; -¼) (Real Cost: 17)

plus

"Did someone say tentacles?" Extra Limbs (1) (5 Active Points); Linked (How many, how deep, and how wide do you want the orifices?; -½), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -¼), Nonpersistent (-¼) (Real Cost: 2)

plus

"I can pleasure all of you" Stretching 2m, x2 body dimension, x4 Noncombat, Costs Endurance Only To Activate (+¼) (15 Active Points); Linked (How many, how deep, and how wide do you want the orifices?; -½), Cannot Do Damage (-½), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (½ DCV; -½), No Velocity Damage (-¼) (Real Cost: 5)

plus

The eyes have it - Increased Arc Of Perception (360 Degrees) with Normal Sight (5 Active Points); Increased Endurance Cost (x3 END; -1), Linked (How many, how deep, and how wide do you want the orifices?; -½), Concentration, Must Concentrate throughout use of Constant Power (½ DCV; -½), Nonpersistent (-¼), Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -¼) (Real Cost: 1)

plus

Awaken your body to new depths of sensation +1 PER with Touch Group, Usable Nearby (+¼), Grantor can only grant the power to others, Grantor pays the END whenever the power is used; Costs Endurance (Only Costs END to Activate; -¼) (Real Cost: 2)

plus

Ambidexterity (no Off Hand penalty) (Real Cost: 3)

plus

Power Skill 12- (Real Cost: 3)

plus

Strip out Contortionist (Superfluous) (Real Cost: -3)

plus

Strip out Mimicry (Superfluous) (Real Cost: -3)

plus

Strip out Disguise (Superfluous) (Real Cost: -3)

plus

Strip out Striking Appearance (superfluous) (Real Cost: -4)

You say you want something more practical? 20 Technician Package: (Total: 22 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost)

Computer Programming (Familiarity already paid for) 13- (Real Cost: 2)

plus

"I can fix that sir" Electronics 13- (Real Cost: 3)

plus

"I can fix that sir" Mechanics 13- (Real Cost: 3)

plus

"I have done that before" Cramming , Trigger (Activating the Trigger requires a Zero Phase Action, Trigger requires a Turn or more to reset; +¼) (6 Active Points); Limited Power Only to instantly retrieve skills that could logically be part of past experience and training (-½) (Real Cost: 4)

plus

"Just let me review these manuals please sir" Speed Reading (x10) (Real Cost: 4)

plus

"I can figure that in my head" Lightning Calculator (Real Cost: 3)

plus

"I'll just have to MAKE a solution" Inventor 8- (Real Cost: 1)

Some classics never go out of style 20 Orion slave girl package: (Total: 35 Active Cost, 20 Real Cost)

+10 PRE; Limited Power Only for people who think Star Trek's Orion slave girls were the sexiest aliens ever (-1), Side Effects, Side Effect occurs automatically whenever Power is used (A big turn off (-1 to PRE based Skills) to people who associate green skin with Wizard of Oz rather than Star Trek; -½), Always On (-½) (Real Cost: 3)

plus

Lithe and agile +1 with Acrobatics, Contortionist, Dancer (Real Cost: 3)

plus

PS: Choreographer (INT based) (3 Active Points) 13- (Real Cost: 2)

plus

Synchronization - Teamwork 12-; Required Multiple Users (2 dancers; -¼) (Real Cost: 2)

plus

+1 with Dancer, Choreographer, Synchronization (Real Cost: 3)

plus

Tantalizingly erotic +1 with all Seduction Skills (may include Charm, KS: Carnal Knowledge, PS: Concubine, or any Skill as long as it is being used for specifically erotic arousal or pleasure) (Real Cost: 4)

plus

It is said no Human male can resist them - Change Environment (-2 to any roll to resist Charm or Persuasion used seductively), Area Of Effect (4m Radius Explosion; +¼) (7 Active Points); Gestures, Requires Gestures throughout (Requires both hands; -1), No Range (-½), Limited Power Not with people who associate green skin more with Wizard of Oz than with Star Trek (-½), Skin OR eye contact required (-¼) (Real Cost: 2)

plus

Especially for Star Trek fans - Replace What would you like to talk about? with KS: Star Trek (Real Cost: 0) plus KS: Stuff likely to be of interest to the kind of person who'd want an Orion slave girl (science fiction, role playing games, video games, general science knowledge) (2 Active Points) 11- (Real Cost: 1)

How about something to save your life? 30 Bodyguard Package: (Total: 31 Active Cost, 30 Real Cost)

"Protecting you is my function, sir." PS: Bodyguard (INT based) (3 Active Points) 13- (Real Cost: 2)

plus

"Get DOWN!" Danger Sense (immediate vicinity, out of combat, Intuitional) 13- (Real Cost: 20)

plus

Paramedics (Proficiency already paid for) 13- (Real Cost: 1)

plus

"Security is my business" Security Systems 13- (Real Cost: 3)

plus

Strip out Acting, Mimicry, Disguise, Conversation, Maid, Massage (-16 Active Points) (Real Cost: -16)

plus

Combat Luck (3 PD/3 ED) (Real Cost: 6)

Bodyguard martial art

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Martial Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 25 STR to Disarm

3 Martial Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 25 STR for holding on

3 Martial Throw +0 +1 3d6 +v/10, Target Falls

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Enterprises denies that our fembots have ever cheated on a Turing Test

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

Well, at least now we can write up Fortunato. :D

JG

He was one of the characters I have in mind when I thought it up along with other more traditional sex magic (Magick?) practitioners. I think even Dr Strange has mentioned dabbling in it. Some demons and other supernatural creatures have similar powers and their are other styles that might be built with Drains, Aid (or Transfer for earlier) even limited skill levels and partially limited powers.

I tried to create a pretty generic version that could flavored to taste. I also wanted to contribute something positive to the thread since it seems like I've just been griping.

Pretty Good' date=' Lucius. I might suggest "PS: Wife"(or PS: Husband for the "manbot") for a true "domestic" model--basically the finer points of Stepfordian occupational duties.[/quote']

PS: Domestic partner and/or KS: Owner's idealized Spouse?

Erotic Enchantments

Love Potion #1: Mind Control, 15d6 Based on CON, Set Effect: Fall in Love with the First Person You See(-1), IAF(Potion), Expendable(-1/2, hard to find), Gradual Effect(over 5 minutes), 1 charge per day(-2) 10 points

Love Potion #2: Mind Control, 15d6 Based on CON, Set Effect: Fall in Love with X, 10 points

Love Potion #3: Major Transform(Person to Person in Love with First Person They See) 12d6 major transform, AVAD(Mental Defense), works vs. EGO not body, all or nothing, IAF, Expendable, Gradual Effect, 1 charge per day, 23 points

Love Potion #4: Major Transform(Person to Person in Love with X), 23 points

Love Potion #5: CE: -5 to EGO rolls, +5 Libido Levels, AoE(radius),Personal Immunity, No Range, 1 continuing charge lasting 1 day, IAF, Expendable, 45 points

Love Potion #6: Aid to Striking Appearance, Charm, PS: Perform Sexual Technique, 2d6, 3 stats(+1), Fade rate 5 points/hour(+1), IAF, Expendable, 1 charge per day, 9 points

Love Potion#7: Mind Control, UBO, Set Effect: Fall in Love with Me(-1), 15d6, IAF, Expendable, 0 endurance, 44 points

Love Potion #8: Mind Control,15d6, UBO, Radius, Limited Commands: Love/Lust(-1/4), 0 Endurance, No range, line of sight, telepathic, IAF, Expendable, 95 points

Love Potion #9: Multiform to “Playboy Self”(500 points), Extra Time: 5 Minutes, IAF, Expendable, 1 continuing charge lasts 1 day, 25 points

Love Charms

Babe Magnet--as the talent, add a focus limitation

Ladies Love Me--ditto

Protective Charm--bonuses to resist charm, mind control, transform, pre attacks

Ladies’ Man--as the talent, add a focus limitation

Hyper Lovemaking--add a focus limitation

Enchanted Clothing--can provide skill bonuses, mind control/transform(slave collars, dominatrix outfit), armor, boost SA, change body(shapeshift), etc.

Enchanted Sex Toys--bonuses to Perform Sexual Technique, CE: Stunning Effect, animated sex toys(usable as attack?), etc.

Enchanted Bed/Bedroom:

1) Things are so much better in this bed: +5 to Perform Sexual Technique

2) won’t you at least sit on the bed with me first?--+5 to Charm, +5 Libido levels, -5 to resist

3) You really ought to stay in bed with me--Mind Control, Set Effect: Stay in bed and stay horny

4) You look so good just lying there: +5 SA

5) We Can Go All Night

6) Slave Training Bed: Transform to erotic slave

7) There’s Really Nothing Wrong with Doing this-- CE: -10 to EGO rolls regarding sexual inhibitions, -10 to resisting own sexual impulses

8) No accidents and no STDs--Pregnancy Control and Immunity to STDs/HIV

Enchanted Mansion

As above, plus Summon Playmates, Wear Down Their Resistance(Drain vs. all defenses to charm and seduction/emc powers), Sexy Telephone Line, Sexy Entertainment Center, Sexy Pool, Sexy Shower, etc.

Summon Playmates--summon Hot Babes(100 points) or Super Hot Babes(250 points), up to x64, extra time(5 minutes), must come from locale, arrives under own power

Wear Down Resistance--Drain vs. all defenses to charm and seduction/emc powers, +2, Penetrating x 2, APx2, Effects Inobvious to Target, AOE Radius, 5d6,0 Endurance, Persistent, Constant, Points fade/hour IIF, Immobile, Extra Time(1 minute)

Sexy Telephone Line--Seductive Voice, bonus to Conversation, Charm, Persuasion over the phone; Mind Scan to target person on other end of line; Mind Control; Summon(person from little black book, or specific person called up out of the blue)

Sexy Entertainment Center--raises libido and lowers inhibitions, also projects "sexier" versions of any tv show or movie shown(e.g. the news becomes the sexy naked news, Casablanca becomes Casablanca Sex Club, Law and Order: SVU becomes Sexy Victims Unit, etc.)(Images?)

Sexy Pool/Shower--raises libido and lowers inhibitions, incidentally provides pregnancy control and

disease protection

Love Gun--write this up as a Multipower--a pink tinted pistol that fires enchanted bullets which have various effects on their targets(love, lust, domination, enhancing charm/sexiness, bigger boobs/butt, etc.), Multipower, OAF, 8 total charges, Act. 14-

tumblr_lfsz3dRfyx1qblk78o1_400.jpg

I haven't been keeping up lately, but have we goten to the 'brest which can act like flotation devices' section, or did I miss it? Also, did we have a look at the sub-preversion 'Damsel in Distress' (DiD, sub-catagory of bondage and dominance)?

Hero System Sexual Combat

Why? Or, WHAT THE @#$%’S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!

This system is an attempt to bring “sexual combat” into Hero System. Basically, treating the physical aspect of arousal, sexual activity, and climax with the same systems as determining hits and damage in combat. Upon hearing “sexual combat” many people immediately would leap to the conclusion that the system is all about forcing oneself upon a defenseless character.

NOT TRUE!!!!!

Just like combat in Hero System can cover anything from a friendly spar to a boxing match to attempting to puree your opponent with a wood chipper, sexual combat can be used for any kind of sexual encounter, not just (or even primarily) the violent kind.

With that, let’s get into the systems.

Stages

There are a few stages of any sexual encounter. They are:

Arousal

Foreplay

Intercourse

Climax

Afterglow

Each of these stages progresses differently, involving different rolls and timings. Let’s examine each stage in detail.

Attraction and Desire

Of course, before one can get down to. . . well, getting down, there’s the little problem of attracting someone to get down with.

Finding a partner can be handled in any number of ways. It can be as simple as walking up to someone and asking them point blank if they want to have sex (note: studies claim that 1 out of every 10 people approached in this manner will say yes.) Others favor more discrete, subtle, or downright manipulative approaches, while still others are genuinely interested in sitting down and talking with an interesting person, getting to know them before getting to “know” them.

How one handles “the pick-up” depends greatly on the situation, characters, and approach involved. When dealing with PCs, this sort of interaction will most often be role-played, and will probably go on for quite some time before the PCs involved even realize (or admit) that their characters are flirting. With NPCs RP may or may not be involved. Skill rolls can come into play at any time, as one character attempts to woo another (PC or not.) Nearly any skill could be justified as part of a flirting or seductive attempt (some people do, in fact, get quite excited by an intelligent conversation about particle physics.)

Arousal

The arousal stage is the first, and arguably easiest, stage to complete. It’s the simply, biological process of priming a person (or other being) for sexual activity. Attempting to generate arousal in another character can be resolved with a simple Presence Attack, with some modifiers unique to this kind of Presence Attack:

Modifier

Situation or Character’s Action

+1d6

Character is dressed somewhat provocatively

+2d6

Character is dressed very provocatively

+3d6

Character is naked or dressed ridiculously provocatively (i.e., Fredrick’s of Hollywood-style lingerie.

-2d6

Character is dressed conservatively.

-4d6

Target is actively opposing the character’s attempts to arouse them.

PRE Halved

Character is outside the target’s sexual orientation.

If a character can get their hands (or other appropriate appendages) on their target, they can attempt to gain a further bonus to their Arousal PRE attack by making a PS: Perform Sexual Technique roll, which the target may oppose with a CON or EGO roll, as they choose. Success grants +1d6 to the Arousal PRE attack by every 1 point by which the character succeeded.

It should be noted that these rolls are not always required. In most any circumstance, any character simply choose to become aroused, or allow themselves to become aroused (unless they have an appropriate Physical Limitation. . . and they make a pill for that now.)

Foreplay/Intercourse

This is where things start to get serious. The character have their hands (among other things) all over each other, and garments usually begin to be discarded. There are nearly limitless options for how characters can engage in foreplay, just as there are nearly limitless ways in which they can perform strikes in combat, and when factoring in the abilities and entities that can be built in Hero System, it can truly be said that the only limits are one’s imagination. So, a simple system will cover how “well” characters perform foreplay and follow-up, intercourse.

All characters have a Pleasure score (PLE), equal to but separate from their Endurance. PLE, unlike END, begins empty and counts up (instead of beginning full and counting down.) Characters may make “Sex Attacks” to add to one or more characters’ PLE. A simple PS: Perform Sexual Technique roll initiates the “Sex Attack,” filling the roll of an OCV vs. DCV roll in normal combat. Succeeding on the Perform Sexual Technique roll allows a character to roll one or more dice to attempt to fill the meter. A character gains one “Sex Attack” die for every point by which he or she beats their skill roll. These dice are rolled and counted like normal damage dice in ordinary Hero Combat. Tallying up the total on all dice adds points to PLE of the character who was the target of the “Sex Attack.”

Example: The Spider and Housecat are “recreating” after an uneventful night’s patrol. Housecat does some “charming” things for her arachnid-powered man, beating her Perform Sexual Technique roll by two. She rolls two dice, getting a six and a four. The Spider increases his PLE by 10.

Each die rolled also behaves like a normal attack’s BODY damage dice for purposes of increasing the PLE of the other character. Thus, a character who rolled two Sexual Attack dice targeting their partner would normally increase their own PLE by two. However, like BODY damage, sixes count double, while ones do not count at all. Thus, in the above example, Housecat would increase her PLE by three, instead of two.

Intercourse follows the same basic rule as foreplay, with the characters rolling Sex Attacks against each other (or themselves) until they reach the fourth stage.

Attacking Yourself?

Yes, it is possible in a Sex Attack to declare yourself as the target. This can be done when all alone, or when with a partner who’s racing ahead of you to allow you to “keep up.”

Other Skills?

Of course, PS: Perform Sexual Technique isn’t the only skill that can come in handy for making a Sex Attack. Acrobatics and Contortionist are two obvious skills that can supplement, or even replace, a Perform Sexual Technique roll, and skills like Persuasion, Interrogation, and Oratory (no, not THAT kind of Oratory!) can aid. Teamwork can also add to making such a coupling memorable.

Climax

When PLE is full, a character reaches orgasm, the whole point of having sex in the first place. There are no special rules as such for climax, but it does feel really good, and has a variety of effects on brain chemistry and physiology. There’s no concrete data one way or the other, but some believe that having sex before bouts of other intense physical activity can be detrimental to one’s performance, levying penalties to combat or other exertions for the next 24 to 48 hours. Others believe that the endorphins released aid in focus and concentration, making one more effective, and applying a similar bonus.

Holding Off

Sometimes, you’re just not quite ready to be done yet. When a character’s Pleasure Meter is full, they can attempt to postpone their climax for one turn. Doing so requires a CON roll, at a cumulative -1 penalty.

Afterglow

Again, no special systems are needed for this, though characters (especially males) interested in keeping a regular partner may want to make PS: Perform Sexual Technique rolls to cuddle afterwards.

Characters who perform well in sexual combat may gain bonuses to post-coital interaction skills. This can be an extremely effective way of “pumping” a Contact for information, for instance. Certain exceptionally manipulative villains (or villainesses) may use their seductive powers (in or out of their secret identities) to gain an edge over their heroic foes.

On the other hand, a character who performs exceptionally poorly may not only have a difficult time getting that partner back for a rematch, but may find themselves the target of a negative reputation.

Other Considerations

Undressing

A wise man once said, “Doesn’t exactly look like a successful mating to me. He’s still got his pants on.” Taking off one’s clothes to some degree is required for successful Sex Attacks. Normally, a character doesn’t need to roll at all to simply drop trou, but sometimes, you may want to get naked with style, or remove your partner’s clothing for them (a much more difficult operation.)

Taking one’s clothes off in a seductive fashion can involve a PRE attack, or be handled though PS: Striptease. Taking off someone else’s clothes can be DEX roll, or a STR roll if no one cares if the garment in question remains intact. Undressing someone who doesn’t want to be undressed requires a successful Grab first.

Some slight tweaks, some in response to suggestions here. Summary of changes:

Changed the requirements for adding PRE dice and gaining Sex Attack dice to a one-for-one ratio.

Added a section at the beginning about attracting a partner.

Added a section near the end about post-coital bonuses.

Changed Pleasure Meter to simple Pleasure or PLE, in keeping with HERO System naming conventions. May change to Ecstasy (ECS.) Thoughts?

As always, feedback welcomed and encouraged. Anything more you'd like to see, suggest it. I'd really like to make a unified system for sexual activity that any other powers and abilities can fit into, and thus, treasure the thoughts of those of you going to all the effort to create such abilities.

Odds and ends:

1)I suppose there could be a Cyber Sex Power Set, which would involve using computers, machines, and the internet to enhance the sexual experience, to compel erotic behavior(i.e., erotic mind control via electronic means), to control sex droids remotely, to spy on people remotely, to engage in "virtual sex" and so forth.

2) Summon as Mind Control: If you buy a summon with Specific Being(+1), any human(+1/2), Slavishly Devoted, Summoned Being Must Arrive Under Own Power, Summoned Being must inhabit Area, you effectively have the ability to flawlessly mind control any human being you know by name, within the point limits, for 10 or more tasks. I'd suggest limiting this ability in a couple ways--first, by capping the point value of beings a PC with it could control, and second, by not permitting its use on PCs(which could lead to table-flipping moments: "WHAT DO YOU MEAN, I NEVER GET A BREAKOUT ROLL?!").

3) More writeups--I plan to writeup my own Pleasure Droid and Pleasure Drone; a few variants for making sexier vampires(the official ones aren't terribly sexy, actually); characters for a fantasy setting with a sexy/romantic action harem theme; a couple older versions of the Wolf and one older version of the Fox; a sexy telejournalist/"professional love interest" for superheroes; Hyperman, inspired by a combination of the heightened libido thread, the old "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" article, and my own twisted imagination; Bombshell and Adonis, sexy supervillains; Kali Kamasutra, a sexually liberated mutant pop musician; Queen Ms. Spectacular Omnipotent Woman; Regulus Brightstar, a Sitarran female superheroine(and Capt. Tentacle's mother); Count Orgon, a Hentamari slave trainer, bounty hunter...and Hollywood Talent Agent?! :eek: Hentamari Princess Labiara and High King Fallos; Captain Tentacle; and a mischievous sprite, Faerie Queen Bonnie. A veritable bucketload of writeups.

4) Still need to read over the Social Combat stuff in APG II. I was also wondering about using Probability Manipulation with Social Interaction Skills, and to make people re-roll breakout rolls. If you use PM with skill rolls, with high enough skill levels, and the right advantages, you effectively never fail a skill roll. Just an observation. I suppose if you want to simulate Divine infallibility, or an Amber-style "Trump" skill system, this might be one way to do it.

5) Sexual Assault, in some genres, is pretty problematic, because it makes a hash of the distinction between "consensual" and "non-consensual"--if the person doesn't consent at first, submits to some form of coercion, and then enjoys and willingly reciprocates/participates in the experience, does that mitigate the initial coercion? Or is it still an assault of the same degree as any other? I don't know that it rises to the level of "moral gray area", but it's something that might come up in some campaigns or adventures--particularly if one is confronting an NPC and the person they coerced is less than enthusiastic about holding them accountable. Hero System simulates "cinematic realism", but that begs the question: what exactly is "cinematic morality"? In "actual reality", sexual assault is sexual assault(I'm deliberately avoiding use of the R-word here), and consent post facto(or during) only slightly mitigates illegal or offensive methods of coercion. In various genres, particularly erotic ones, however, the effect appears to be more pronounced/accepted. I suppose it's the difference between contemplating a fantasized version of sexual assault(where the assault is merely the rationalization for why the sex is taking place in the fantasy, and not necessarily expressive of a desire to commit or be subjected to an actual sexual assault) and contemplating an actual sexual assault. Is there a "right answer" in a role-played version of a fictional setting? Food for thought.

A plethora of skills and perks:

Charm sub-skills(cost 1 point per +1)

Seduce

Befriend

Seduce sub-subskills(cost 1 point per +2)

Flirting--the art of light and friendly, playful and suggestive banter and body language

Dating--the art of planning, hosting and conducting oneself on a friendly or romantic date

Entice--the art of "closing the deal" romantically("Do you want to come inside for some coffee?")--transitioning to physical intimacy

Analyze--this skill could have romantic, erotic or sexual varieties

Analyze Personality Type--with a successful roll, the character gains a deeper insight into the target's personality, motives, likes and dislikes, and may gain a bonus for other interaction skills

Analyze Erotic Response--with a successful roll, the character gains a deeper insight into what the target finds pleasurable, and may gain a bonus to Perform Sexual Technique rolls

KS: Sexual Fetishes, Kinks, Paraphilias and Taboos(SFKPT)

PS: Fetishist

KS: The Sexual Underground(alternative sexualities, swinging, fetishists, bdsm, etc.)

KS: Specific Fetist, Kink, Paraphilia or Taboo Preference

KS: Sexual Technique--this is complementary to PS: Perform Sexual Technique--bonuses are also given for familiarity of partner and their level of enthusiasm

PS: Perform Sexual Technique

One can have more specific technique KS/PS as well(PS: Fellatrix, e.g.), though for 98% of campaigns this would be excessive detail.

PS: Sex Worker(knows the basics of enticing customers, negotiating acts to be performed and payment thereto, feigning sincerity, etc.)--to some extent this may include strippers, phone sex workers, and porn stars as well as prostitutes

PS: Dominatrix

PS: Sex Slave/Harem Girl/Boy Trainer--the character is skilled in disciplining, conditioning, training and "breaking down" people employed/created/abducted/purchased as sex slaves or harem members (generally this would be considered an evil character)

PS: Harem Master

PS: Madam

Penalty Skill Levels for Non-combat skills--I don't know what the appropriate point cost would be, but in a pinch I'd suggest just taking every level at a -1 limitation, only to offset X penalties

PSLs for Difficulty would reduce the penalty to the skill roll for performing more difficult tasks

PSLs for Rapid would reduce the penalty for performing the task more swiftly than the suggested base time

Negative Skill Levels--these could be used to either reduce the success of the attacker's skill roll, or to penalize the target's roll to resist the effects of a successful skill use

Perk: Sex Club Membership--this could be worth 1-5 points, depending on level of membership and what privileges attach thereto

Perk: Harem Master

Perk: Sex Club Owner--probably worth 5-10 points, assuming greater influence and maximum privilege

Perk: Madam

Perk: License to Debauch(character enjoys broad legal immunity and others are expected to indulge their appetites): 10 points, 20 if it includes carte blanche to torture/kill people

Perk: Playboy --you get into the best clubs, get introduced to beautiful interesting people, and can often get into places without a reservation

Perk: Supermodel--ditto

Perk: Celebrity(this should be self-explanatory)

Perk: Porn Mogul

KS: Sex Toys--character is thoroughly familiar with them

PS: Use Sex Toys--character is particularly skilled in their use

KS: Specific Sexual Technique(or group of techniques)

PS: Perform Specific Technique

Makeup--2 point skill, character knows how to apply makeup, with a successful roll can gain a bonus to social interaction skills(+1 or +2)

Grooming--character knows the finer points of personal hygiene, hair styling, etc.

Fashion/Dress--character knows how to dress fashionably and appropriately for any situation

KS: Sexual Etiquette--character knows the finer points of how to behave during intimacy, how to ask questions with suitable care and discretion, etc.

Contact: Restaurant Owner(to get special meals, reservations, etc.)

KS: Romantic Dating--character knows the essential elements for a great romantic date

AK: Places to go on a date

KS: Affairs

AK: Places to go for an Affair

AK: Places to meet men/women

Romantic Argument(PRE-based), how to argue in a relationship or on a date

Skill Enhancer--Lover--subtracts 1 point from appropriate sexual/erotic/romantic skills

Skill Enhancer--Performer--subtracts 1 point from performance skills(singing, dancing, public speaking, etc.)

Universal Lover--this is a catchall for all sexual/erotic/romantic skills, 20 points for an 11-, +1 per 2 points

Romantic Luck--being in the right place at the right time, love at first sight, not getting caught cheating, etc.

Sexual Favor--like a regular Favor, but a lot more fun .

Follower--Girlfriend or Boyfriend(early relationship, will do things they don't mind doing)

Follower--Committed GF/Boyfriend(will sometimes do things they're normally against doing)

Follower--Committed Submissive or Concubine(will sometimes do things they're strongly against doing)

Follower--Devoted Love Slave or Sex Slave(will do literally anything to please)

Follower--"wingman"(male or female friend who "watches your back" in social/romantic situations)

Base--Love Shack--a small apartment tricked out for romance

Base--Love Nest--a medium sized apartment or getaway pad tricked out for romance

Base--Love Palace--a decadent, comfy penthouse suite optimized for McLovin'

Base--Sex Club--a place where people go for anonymous hookups and various freaky-deaky stuff

Base--Megaplayboy Mansion--where reality upbraids fantasy for lacking an appropriate sense of grandeur

A couple of random and slightly contradictory thoughts on skills.

In the genres and general tone of material that Hero System emulates sex is usually good, often very good particularly when between two dedicated, destined lovers (such as the male and female leads/protagonists). Bad sex is pretty rare and usually a plot point (related to Disadvantage or plot complication such as a curse). Some GM's advice might include this as a suggestion maybe not to penalize such rolls or even forgo them as dramatic necessity demands. "True Lovers" might grant a large bonus and/or sexual performance skills could be Everyman skills at what ever attribute they're based on.

Now for the contradictory part. In a campaign with more of an emphasis on realism there should probably be some modifiers for physical differences between that participants in sexual intercourse similar to the modifiers to seduction attempts. The penalties assessed to Disguise might be a good place to start. For some games the "Space Opera reproduction" caveat might be used. If two races are similar enough that it only takes minor sfx for them to appear as a member of the other race, no penalty applies. Visiting a medical professional for advice or doing some research might help mitigate any potential problems as well (As the Mass Effect games have taught us :-D).

Hopefully this makes some sense. How this topic is handled would go far in setting the tone for a sci fi (or fantasy though it doesn't seem to be as much of a issue in Fantasy) campaign.

Charming/Seducing Multiple People Simultaneously--this is a tricky one to suss out. In reality, since it IS actually possible to do(people do pick up 2, 3 or even more people at a time and do who knows what with them), we just have to figure out how much it increases the difficulty. Buying more than one woman a drink, flirting with more than one woman, asking more than one woman for her phone number--seems like these would have a moderately adverse effect on their reaction(maybe a -1 to -3 to roll against each). Asking two or more on a double/triple/multi-date would, imo, have a more pronounced adverse effect, at least in any culture where monogamy/monoamory is the assumed cultural norm. Let's assume a penalty of -2 for two targets, -4 for three targets, and -5 for any number more than three. E.G., a woman approaching a group of men and suggesting a "sextet" has a -9 penalty(-4 for "let's have sex right now" and -5 for group penalties) to her Charm roll, and each man gets a separate EGO roll to resist(assuming they are generally disinclined to participate). Adding a bisexual twist, and suggesting a "threeway" or "fourway" etc., adds a further -3 penalty to the roll(assuming the parties are heterosexual). Ergo, suggesting a "threeway" is a -9 to the Charm roll. Which explains why it doesn't happen very often...

I'm not sure what the maximum difficulty penalty one could assess on Charm would be:

Have Weird Sex With Me: -8

Not Normally Attracted to Someone LIke Me(this includes any bisexual suggestion as well): -5

Taboo Category of Partner: -5(blood relations, animals, zombies, prepubescent children)

Group Encounter: up to -5

Target has TWO Total commitment Psych Lims opposing the suggested act: -6

In Combat: -3

Rapid(1 segment): -24

I guess -56, maybe -60 if you just want to round up. So, a 97- roll(cost, 175 points), would give you a Critical Success on any roll other than an 18, and impose at least a -20 EGO roll penalty on the target to resist. Kind of a lot of points to spend on Charm. :D

Lots of heavy stuff there, playboy. Good things to consider.

On the subject of vampires, I took a run at making some vampire powers for HERO awhile back, including this one:

Mesmerizing Gaze: Mind Control 10d6 (Human class of minds) (50 Active Points); Eye Contact Required (-1/2), Restrainable (Eyes; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Total Cost: 22

Replicating ye olde "Come to me, Mina" Dracula-type power.

Lots of heavy stuff there, playboy. Good things to consider.

On the subject of vampires, I took a run at making some vampire powers for HERO awhile back, including this one:

Mesmerizing Gaze: Mind Control 10d6 (Human class of minds) (50 Active Points); Eye Contact Required (-1/2), Restrainable (Eyes; -1/2), Concentration (1/2 DCV; -1/4), Total Cost: 22

Replicating ye olde "Come to me, Mina" Dracula-type power.

Yeah, I think most of the official ones have some form of that. What I was thinking of was both passive--most of the recent vampires tend to be very sexy and very good-looking and very socially polished(centuries of practice)--and semi-active--in Dracula 2000, the villainous vampire walks into a record store where there are several attractive women shopping. They all look up and stare at him as he walks around the store. That almost seems like a power.

Regarding the use of Summon, one character in my current campaign has the ability described as a "Little Black Book" and capped at 225 points (Powerful Heroines). It wasn't built with Slavishly Loyal level but just Friendly instead. They like him and are semi in love with him. He always treats these NPCs nicely, and he has abilities to make him extra charming to ladies. It's a nice, relatively inexpensive ability to have a pool of useful Contacts.

For sexual stimulation, I'm wondering if a type of cumulative Mental Illusion, maybe with a linked, triggered Change Environment with a stunning effect would be one way to present it. The illusion is only of building pleasure, and when it reaches a certain point, like EGO+20, the Change Environment triggers, and its effectively an orgasmic sensation. If you do it without some kind of skin contact or sexual contact required limitation, it would be a way for a mentalist to stimulate the sexual pleasure centers of the brain at a distance.

Regarding the use of Summon, one character in my current campaign has the ability described as a "Little Black Book" and capped at 225 points (Powerful Heroines). It wasn't built with Slavishly Loyal level but just Friendly instead. They like him and are semi in love with him. He always treats these NPCs nicely, and he has abilities to make him extra charming to ladies. It's a nice, relatively inexpensive ability to have a pool of useful Contacts.

For sexual stimulation, I'm wondering if a type of cumulative Mental Illusion, maybe with a linked, triggered Change Environment with a stunning effect would be one way to present it. The illusion is only of building pleasure, and when it reaches a certain point, like EGO+20, the Change Environment triggers, and its effectively an orgasmic sensation. If you do it without some kind of skin contact or sexual contact required limitation, it would be a way for a mentalist to stimulate the sexual pleasure centers of the brain at a distance.

You could also have Telepathy, surface thoughts only, only to flood the target's mind with sexual thoughts, Effects Inobvious to Target(i.e., they think the sexual thoughts they're having are their own). That would have a natural tendency to heighten any pleasurable sensations they are feeling.

I'm going to write up Pleasure/Bliss powers after I've cleaned up the Erotic Enchantments section.

Yeah' date=' I think most of the official ones have some form of that. What I was thinking of was both passive--most of the recent vampires tend to be very sexy and very good-looking and very socially polished(centuries of practice)--and semi-active--in Dracula 2000, the villainous vampire walks into a record store where there are several attractive women shopping. They all look up and stare at him as he walks around the store. That almost seems like a power.[/quote']

Bonus points for quoting Dracula 2000.

If you're familiar with White Wolf vampires, they have two sets of mind-affecting powers. Dominate is straight-up mind control, while Majesty is more subtle emotional manipulation. The first-level Majesty ability, Awe, is pretty much a passive "look at me, aren't I awesome" power, adding dice to any other social rolls the vampire makes.

Perhaps something like that, a power that provides bonuses on all interaction skills while in use.

Bonus points for quoting Dracula 2000.

If you're familiar with White Wolf vampires, they have two sets of mind-affecting powers. Dominate is straight-up mind control, while Majesty is more subtle emotional manipulation. The first-level Majesty ability, Awe, is pretty much a passive "look at me, aren't I awesome" power, adding dice to any other social rolls the vampire makes.

Perhaps something like that, a power that provides bonuses on all interaction skills while in use.

Yeah, anything from the Talents I posted early, to the first four power sets--Hyper Attractiveness, Hyper Seduction, Hyper Charisma, and Erotic Mind Control--could conceivably be adapted to simulate Vampiric Awe/Seduction/Domination powers. The Vampires in True Blood really have a lot of diverse ability with their "glamor" power, for example. They do have to speak and make eye contact to use it, though.

Yeah' date=' I think most of the official ones have some form of that. What I was thinking of was both passive--most of the recent vampires tend to be very sexy and very good-looking and very socially polished(centuries of practice)--and semi-active--in Dracula 2000, the villainous vampire walks into a record store where there are several attractive women shopping. They all look up and stare at him as he walks around the store. That almost seems like a power.[/quote']

Could be the effect of High Presence/High Com/level of Striking Appearance?

Maybe something like: Animal Magnetism: +15 Pre Only to draw attention/stir desire -1, Only vs appropriate targets?

Could be the effect of High Presence/High Com/level of Striking Appearance?

Animal Magnetism: +15 Pre Only to draw attention/stir desire -1?

Yep, or a variant form of Babe Magnet. Basically, it's like(for a male vampire) an Instant Alpha Male/Hottest Guy in the Club effect. At max effect, women lose interest in the guys they're with, and want to gravitate towards the vampire. Guys may also be impressed/intimidated by the effect. I don't know whether it would be libido-raising or not, or an actual induce lust kinda thing. But their odds of walking out of the club with a woman(or three) on their arm increase dramatically when they do it. And if they buff it up a bit more by actually using their hypnotic abilities, bam! Instant harem/multi-course meal.

Question that seems appropriate for these thread

How would you write up the curse from "Good Luck Chuck"? In a nutshell, every woman he sleeps with finds her true love shortly afterward. It's never him so he's denied actual love.

Question that seems appropriate for these thread

How would you write up the curse from "Good Luck Chuck"? In a nutshell, every woman he sleeps with finds her true love shortly afterward. It's never him so he's denied actual love.

Romantic Unluck: Loses girlfriends quickly(roll after he sleeps with them)

Or some kind of hostile summon. But really, I'd keep it simple and call it romantic unluck, maybe mixed with a romantic rivalry, rival in superior position(true love shows up).