The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained herein)

megaplayboy

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

As long as we're discussing character write-ups, how would one rate the catgirl effect in Hero terms? They seem to have an inherent sexy nature, so what abilities would you give them?

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

Romantic Unluck: Loses girlfriends quickly(roll after he sleeps with them)

Or some kind of hostile summon. But really, I'd keep it simple and call it romantic unluck, maybe mixed with a romantic rivalry, rival in superior position(true love shows up).

Yeah, I'd say that works for the character. It's mostly bad for him though he does use it once as a beneficial act (helps his receptionist find her true love) and gets him allot of casual sex but that's not really what he was looking particularly when he met the female lead.

As long as we're discussing character write-ups' date=' how would one rate the catgirl effect in Hero terms? They seem to have an inherent sexy nature, so what abilities would you give them?[/quote']

in 6th Striking Features. Actually in my 5th.5 Striking Features/Limited Comeliness. Some find alluring, some offputting or downright disgusting.

As long as we're discussing character write-ups' date=' how would one rate the catgirl effect in Hero terms? They seem to have an inherent sexy nature, so what abilities would you give them?[/quote']

Dunno. Regular and Limited group SA, contortionist/Acrobatics/gymnastics, maybe some extra running and leaping, levels with charm, and so forth. If they actually have PS: Sexy Catgirl, consider that a Fetish PS, catering to catgirl enthusiasts(the character knows how to behave like a typical "sexy catgirl").

I'm sort of indifferent to the phenomenon, though.

Some optional powers for Succubi/Incubi might include

Damnation for sins of the Flesh: Transform (Character into one of the Damned) with intercourse as a catalyst (might take a a successful resisted skill roll. If the victim doesn't enjoy themselves they haven't given in). The Transformation could be anything from Cosmetic to Major depending on the effects being Damned have in the setting.

Some sort of Killing Attack, likely NND and IPE that occured while having sex representing the demon feeding on their partner's life force/soul while copulating. A Drain could work as well (or Transfer) with a long recovery time. The demon might also draw off some of the character magical abilities as well.

For some variations on Vampires being fed on is paralytic bliss. In some case this is mutual, even to the extent the copulation is a practically inevitable outcome of feeding.

Some optional powers for Succubi/Incubi might include

Damnation for sins of the Flesh: Transform (Character into one of the Damned) with intercourse as a catalyst (might take a a successful resisted skill roll. If the victim doesn't enjoy themselves they haven't given in). The Transformation could be anything from Cosmetic to Major depending on the effects being Damned have in the setting.

Some sort of Killing Attack, likely NND and IPE that occured while having sex representing the demon feeding on their partner's life force/soul while copulating. A Drain could work as well (or Transfer) with a long recovery time. The demon might also draw off some of the character magical abilities as well.

For some variations on Vampires being fed on is paralytic bliss. In some case this is mutual, even to the extent the copulation is a practically inevitable outcome of feeding.

I'd probably agree with some kind of corruption effect, though for some reason I just can't stand the concept of "spiritual Transform"(partly because it seems to have the exact same mechanics as mental transforms).

The Greater Succubus(and higher ranks) has a VPP that could probably have a Drain( or Transform(aging the partner 1 week, 1 month or 1 year per copulation), and maybe a killing attack of the kind you describe.

I think I'll probably add writeups for pheromone vampires(who feed on hormone secretions and can cause hormonal issues in their prey if they overfeed), psychic vampires(who feed on the minds of their victims), and maybe erotic vampires(who feed on sexual energy and, um, intimate secretions of their partners). The latter could be an option for succubi/incubi as well.

Jayna Jemmson, Telejournalist

15 STR 5

20 DEX 20

20 CON 10

20 INT 10

20 EGO 10

25 PRE 15

7 OCV 20

7 DCV 20

7 OMCV 12

7 DMCV 12

5 PD 3

5 ED 3

4 SPD 20

10 REC 6

30 END 2

30 STUN 5

15 BODY 5

(178)

Talents and Powers

12 Hottest Reporter in the Biz: +4 Striking Appearance

10 Strong Superbabe/Superhunk Magnet: +5 SA, only vs. superhumans with one or more level of SA, or normal humans with two or more levels of SA

3 She's Not Going to Fall for a Line like that:+3 to resist Charm

5 Not Easily Impressed: +10 PRE, only to resist PRE attacks

5 Steel in her Spine: +10 EGO, only to resist Mind Control

5 Strong Willed: +10 Mental Defense, only to resist Mind Control

25 Reporter's Luck: 5d6 Luck

25 Lucky in Love, too: 5d6 Romantic Luck

24 Crazy Combat Luck: 12/12 Combat Luck

2 She Can Go All Night, Half End on 15 Str, only for intimate activities

8 Speed Seduction: +6 levels with Charm/Seduction, only to offset penalties for "hurrying up" tasks(-1/2)

6 The Difficult We Do Immediately: +4 levels with Charm/Seduction, only to offset any difficulty penalties(levels do not apply to how much you make roll by or how much target has to make roll by, -1/4)

10 I've Got a Bad Feeling About This--Danger Sense, Intuitive

40 HyperLovemaking--+20 to PS: Perform Sexual Technique

Change Environment, Stunning Effect(30 active points), 0 Endurance Cost, Constant, Extra Time: 5 Minutes

20 Distracting Seduction—Change Environment(-5 to Perception Rolls for sight and hearing groups), Requires a Charm Roll

15 Lesser Protection--+6 DCV, only vs. suitably attracted attackers(-1/2);Requires a Charm Roll

20 Mild Erotic Amplification—CE: Raise Libido up to 2 levels,Effects Inobvious to Target, 0 END

30 Stronger Empathic Sexual Healing--12d6 Simplified Healing, Requires Sexual Contact with target(-1), Extra Time(5 minutes, -2)

(265)

Skills

12 +3 with all Interaction Skills

9 Charm 17-

5 Conversation 15-

3 Acting 14-

3 Disguise 14-

5 Persuasion 15-

5 Streetwise 15-

5 High Society 15-

3 Bureaucratics 14-

3 Bribery 14-

3 Animal Handler 14-

3 Oratory 14-

3 Trading 14-

3 Contortionist 13-

3 Lockpicking 13-

3 Sleight of Hand 13-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Paramedics 13-

3 Lipreading 13-

5 Deduction 14-

3 Survival 13-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Shadowing 13-

3 Combat Driving 13-

3 Combat Piloting 13-

3 Security Systems 13-

20 Comic Book Martial Arts

Punch +0/+2 5d6

Kick -2/+1 7d6

Throw 0/+1 3d6 +v/10

Block +2/+2 Block, Abort

Dodge -/+5 Dodge, Affects All Attacks, Abort

7 KS: Sexual Technique, 17-

7 PS: Perform Sexual Technique, 17-

5 KS: Television Industry, 15-

4 KS: Film Industry, 14-

6 KS: TV News Industry, 16-

5 AK: Los Angeles 15-

4 AK: New York, 14-

4 AK: Washington DC, 14-

6 KS: Journalism, 16-

7 PS: Television Journalist, 17-

5 PS: Television Anchor, 16-

7 KS: The Superhuman World, 17-

3 Linguist

3 French

3 German

3 Chinese

3 Japanese

3 Italian

3 KS: The Sexual Underworld, 13-

4 KS: BDSM 14-

2 KS: Exhibitionism, 11-

4 PS: BDSM Fetishist, 15-

2 PS: Exhibitionist, 11-

(223)

Perks

10 Wealthy

10 Membership/Access: High-Level TV Journalist

50 Well-Connected, 47 points of contacts

15 Rep: +5; Gorgeous Famous Television Journalist, Overman's Girlfriend

(85)

751 total points

621 +Complications

10 Distinctive Features: Gorgeous Voluptuous Blonde, causes major reaction

10 Social Complication: Famous

15 Hunted by Enemies of Overman, Infrequent

20 Flirtatious and Hypersexual(Very Common, Strong)

10 Social Complication: Embarrassing Fetish(BDSM)

15 Watched by NSE(Employer), Frequent, Non Combat Influence

10 Negative Rep: Professional Hostage

15 Can't Resist a Great Story(Common, Strong)

15 Likes Being Kidnapped and Tied Up

5 Professional Rivalry with Traci Nakamura

5 Romantic Rivalry with Uberfraulein

I'd probably agree with some kind of corruption effect, though for some reason I just can't stand the concept of "spiritual Transform"(partly because it seems to have the exact same mechanics as mental transforms).

The Greater Succubus(and higher ranks) has a VPP that could probably have a Drain( or Transform(aging the partner 1 week, 1 month or 1 year per copulation), and maybe a killing attack of the kind you describe.

I think I'll probably add writeups for pheromone vampires(who feed on hormone secretions and can cause hormonal issues in their prey if they overfeed), psychic vampires(who feed on the minds of their victims), and maybe erotic vampires(who feed on sexual energy and, um, intimate secretions of their partners). The latter could be an option for succubi/incubi as well.

Works for me. I like write ups and bestiaries that provide allot of options. One of the best things (IMO) about Hero System is that it doesn't tell you how your game has to be but how to make how you want it to be.

So, Jayna Jemmson is kinda like the Lois Lane of my campaign setting--if Lois liked getting kidnapped, tied up, ogled and groped, and was a mutant with empathic sexual powers. She is the de facto "girlfriend" of the campaign's "big gun", Overman, and they are probably the world's most high-profile open relationship. She co-hosts the superhero/celebrity news show, Icons, with her professional rival, Traci Nakamura. Jayna got kidnapped so frequently by supervillains that she actually started to like it. She was trained in basic martial arts by a number of heroes, and has a thorough knowledge and deep connections in both the superhero and celebrity communities. She's a good example of an extremely capable DNPC, and an extremely useful contact for the PCs to interact with(and a bit less intimidating than having to interact with a "big gun" like her "boyfriend"). She has a romantic rivalry with Uberfraulein, a reformed supervillainess who is hopelessly infatuated with Overman.

Hero System Sexual Combat

Why? Or, WHAT THE @#$%’S WRONG WITH YOU?!?!?!?!

This system is an attempt to bring “sexual combat” into Hero System. Basically, treating the physical aspect of arousal, sexual activity, and climax with the same systems as determining hits and damage in combat. Upon hearing “sexual combat” many people immediately would leap to the conclusion that the system is all about forcing oneself upon a defenseless character.

You're right of course. It's mostly about forcing oneself on a DEFENDED character!

Lucius Alexander

And a well defended palindromedary

Dunno. Regular and Limited group SA, contortionist/Acrobatics/gymnastics, maybe some extra running and leaping, levels with charm, and so forth. If they actually have PS: Sexy Catgirl, consider that a Fetish PS, catering to catgirl enthusiasts(the character knows how to behave like a typical "sexy catgirl").

I'm sort of indifferent to the phenomenon, though.

Not even Batman is indifferent to the seductive allure of a Catwoman!

[ATTACH=CONFIG]40484[/ATTACH]

Personally, I gotta love a woman who brings her own rope

julie_newmar_catwoman_tv.jpgMichelle-Pfeiffer-Catwoman.jpg

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary seems indifferent, but I don't know that it's ever been exposed to a camelgirl

Crossposted, because I had a feeling I'd eventual have to say it all again anyway.

Nor is combat an exceptionally accurate or useful paradigm for social

interaction. Combat (in Hero anyway) usually ends with one or more

parties as clearly the victor - social interaction usually does not. I'm

reminded of political debates, for example, where the debate is usually

followed by MORE debates over who "won" the encounter. Even in the case

of such obvious conflict, it is possible for both participants to walk

away thinking they "won" - or that neither did. More to the point,

social interaction is not always conflict. In fact, if it does come to

head to head outright conflict, the most likely outcome is a draw as

neither is willing to give ground - and can't be "forced" to short of

physical violence. Social interaction is more often about coming to

mutually satisfactory (or at least mutually minimally dissatisfactory)

agreements (Trade, Bribery, Seduction,) people learning about, that is,

getting to know each other and building trust (Conversation,

Seduction,)"fitting in" and reducing social friction or the chance of

standing out (High Society, Streetwise, Conversation, Bureaucratics,)

gaining information rather than persuading to action (Conversation, High

Society, Streetwise, Bureaucratics, Interrogation,) and even if it is

about getting someone to do something, there is an infinite scale of

resistance between "I was wondering when you'd ask, I'm happy to" and

"Over my dead body." But if you turn social interaction into some kind

of fake combat, then actual reasons, logic, realistic motivations, and

everything that makes social interactions between characters, well,

->social interactions between characters<- gets pushed out the window by

a win or lose tactical exercise in which every character will

automatically give all they've got to win the encounter - just like any

other combat. Things that should be easy become hard, things that should

be hard become easy, and things that should be impossible become

possible. And everything becomes absurd.

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary combat

I mostly agree with all of that, with the caveat that I do think there is such a thing as a "competitive social interaction"--engaging in repartee/playing the dozens, intriguing against someone in an aristocratic setting, competing for the affections of a handsome man or beautiful woman, trying to out-con a conman, engaging in a public debate--and that it's reasonable to have a system for modeling such situations. I don't, however, think that a tactical combat-like approach would really be appropriate. If anything, I think it would more likely resemble a game of poker than a wargame.

You're right of course. It's mostly about forcing oneself on a DEFENDED character!

While the system can certainly support such, that's not all it's intended to model. I know enough people who find that subject distasteful enough that it would never be included in their games, so I deliberately wanted to set off at the forefront that I was not making a "sexual assault system." Basically, the point of the system is that, if your game is such where sex needs to get the same amount of coverage and attention as combat, here's a system to make it work.

While the system can certainly support such' date=' that's not all it's intended to model. I know enough people who find that subject distasteful enough that it would never be included in their games, so I deliberately wanted to set off at the forefront that I was not making a "sexual assault system." Basically, the point of the system is that, if your game is such where sex needs to get the same amount of coverage and attention as combat, here's a system to make it work.[/quote']

FWIW, I didn't get the impression you intended to create Sexual Assault/Rape mechanics but a formal set of mechanics for sexual activity As you say, it could be used for other purposes but so could the canon combat rules.

A couple of random and slightly contradictory thoughts on skills.

In the genres and general tone of material that Hero System emulates sex is usually good, often very good particularly when between two dedicated, destined lovers (such as the male and female leads/protagonists). Bad sex is pretty rare and usually a plot point (related to Disadvantage or plot complication such as a curse). Some GM's advice might include this as a suggestion maybe not to penalize such rolls or even forgo them as dramatic necessity demands. "True Lovers" might grant a large bonus and/or sexual performance skills could be Everyman skills at what ever attribute they're based on.

Now for the contradictory part. In a campaign with more of an emphasis on realism there should probably be some modifiers for physical differences between that participants in sexual intercourse similar to the modifiers to seduction attempts. The penalties assessed to Disguise might be a good place to start. For some games the "Space Opera reproduction" caveat might be used. If two races are similar enough that it only takes minor sfx for them to appear as a member of the other race, no penalty applies. Visiting a medical professional for advice or doing some research might help mitigate any potential problems as well (As the Mass Effect games have taught us :-D).

Hopefully this makes some sense. How this topic is handled would go far in setting the tone for a sci fi (or fantasy though it doesn't seem to be as much of a issue in Fantasy) campaign.

Generally, where it makes dramatic sense that sex should be great, good, bad or awful, I'd waive a roll and just "story it out"(as in "long story short, the two of them have epic sex together.")

Inter-species intercourse(or even sex between two people who are dramatically different(in size, shape, whatever)) should probably encounter some "natural difficulties".

I'd also suggest that a couple circumstantial/environmental modifiers can make Charm attempts easier to pull off:

1. Is this an appropriate setting? (e.g., a night club, a singles bar, a "notorious pick-up joint", a straight up "sex club", the Megaplayboy Mansion, etc.)

2. Does the attempt conform with or go against the general mood of the target(s)?("out for a good time", "hard-up", "just want to get laid", "just broke up with boyfriend/girlfriend", etc.)

3. Is the target under the influence of anything that might raise their libido or reduce their inhibitions?(i.e., do they have an alcohol "buzz" going?)

Under the right circumstances(a night club, target is single and out for a good time, has a bit of a buzz going), it may actually be comparatively easy for a character with even a modest Charm roll(11-, 10- or even 8-) to bed them that evening.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen in fiction or gaming a singles bar that was an inter-species pickup place in theme. In fantasy campaigns, bars are where you go to drink or get info on the next adventure.

It would certainly give a different feel to a bar, if it's a known place for picking up members of the opposite sex who are also a different species, like an Elf-Human bar or a place in the Star Trek universe where a Romulan could find a Klingon or a Human partner because that's what gets their motor revving.

Now that I think about it, I don't think I've ever seen in fiction or gaming a singles bar that was an inter-species pickup place in theme. In fantasy campaigns, bars are where you go to drink or get info on the next adventure.

It would certainly give a different feel to a bar, if it's a known place for picking up members of the opposite sex who are also a different species, like an Elf-Human bar or a place in the Star Trek universe where a Romulan could find a Klingon or a Human partner because that's what gets their motor revving.

Well, here are a few suggestions for a superhero setting:

1.) Planet Hero--essentially the superhero equivalent of Planet Hollywood. Superheroes occasionally show up to get "comped" tables, and sometimes superhero groupies, aka "cape-f***ers"(a pejorative term, obviously), will show up to try to "hook up with a hero"(or heroine).

2) Adventurers' Club--a general social "secret hangout" for superheroes. It's actually owned by the League of Worldly Adventurers, one of the oldest teams in existence, but almost any hero is welcomed, as an "honorary member". If you're a single superhero, it may actually be a good place to meet and hang out with other single superheroes and superheroines.

3) Banducci's/Pizza D'Accione--this is actually a restaurant owned by a gangster, Enrico "Little Caesar" Banducci. Banducci's is a mid-range to high-end Italian restaurant, similar to Carmine's or Maggiano's or (insert quality Italian restaurant in your region here). Pizza D'Accione is the adjacent pizza parlor where supervillains sometimes gather incognito to unwind and/or plot their next heist. It's probably a pretty good place to take a date, particularly if your date is a supervillain(ess).

4) Mr. G's--Mr. G is a mutant with the ability to alter reality on a medium scale(i.e., less than megascale). He started his night club as a place where "Specials" could hang out and enjoy themselves, without worrying about being harrassed or getting into fights. It's essentially the night club equivalent of Sanctuary from "Neutral Ground" and "Classic Organizations". If you want to have social interaction between heroes, villains and powered neutrals, this is a good place for it.

5) Megaplayboy Mansion--home of the owner/proprietor of Megaplayboy Magazine, this is like the Playboy Mansion on a cocktail of radioactive steroids and magical Viagra. Everything is larger than life, the parties go on forever, the women(and some men) are ridiculously sexy, and nobody goes to bed alone unless they wish to. The heroes may find themselves invited here if they save the city, or are in the news, or save a Megaplaymate from peril. It's basically a hedonist's wet dream, and a very accomodating place for most alternative lifestyles.

6) Masks--This is actually a "superhumans' sex club", promising anonymity and general ecstasy for members and visitors. Rumor has it that some who attend may actually provide their very special services for a price, but generally most hookups are consensual and non-"professional". It goes without saying that kinks, fetishes, philias and alternative lifestyles are accepted/practiced here.

7) ACME Superhero Supply--based on the actual real world store in Brooklyn, this isn't so much a pickup joint as a casual social hangout for some superheroes. It has led to some hookups, however.

8) Stardate--a nightclub/dating service for aliens. Interspecies hookups are very common here. Not every species is tolerant of that sort of thing, however.

9) Club Diablo--a nightclub catering to magic-using, supernatural and otherdimensional beings. Founded by an ex-greater demon, it's rumored that many otherwise unattainable(and likely unspeakable) pleasures can be obtained here...for a price, of course. Has the distinction of never being in the same location twice.

10) ACME School for Superhumans--a sort of "superhero high school" (and academy for older superhumans), it has the same romantic/dating/sexual potential of a real high school or college environment. Plus it tends to be a bit more exciting than most high schools, what with superfights and classrooms being blown up on alternate months...

It wasn't specifically a pick-up bar, but Babylon 5 had a few such places. In one of the first season eps, a human is flirting with a very human-looking alien (and a very receptive one at that.) Sinclair approaches and asks the guy if he knows what race he's hitting on, to which the guy asks if Sinclair has something against non-humans. Sinclair doesn't, but points out that this race is known for eating the males after copulation, and that the human should stick to hooking up on the approved list (yes, apparently EarthGov in the B5 universe has gone to the trouble of publishing an approved list for which races are and are not safe to hook up with.) The alien chick looks very disappointed, having been. . . I suppose, gullet-blocked.

Isn't there a strip club/bar/nightclub in Mass Effect that's basically an interspecies pick up joint? A remember the subject coming up in Babylon 5... I think. There was an official list of "safe" beings to have sexual relations with?