The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained herein)

megaplayboy

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

Romantic, Erotic and Sexual goals in campaigns

1. Romantic--find the ideal romantic companion, or at least a highly suitable one

2. Romantic--win the heart of X(monogamous)

3. Romantic--win the hearts of X, Y, Z or as many companions as possible(polygamous or polyamorous)

4. Romantic--win the heart of X, then Y, then Z...(serial monogamy)

5. Romantic--fall in love, get married, have children, get old, die happy together

6. Erotic--become a master or mistress of seduction and the carnal arts

7. Erotic--learn the secret techniques of the ancient masters

8. Erotic--find the item of power that will grant you the ability to do...

9. Erotic--find the ideal erotic companion

10. Erotic--find the ideal erotic companions or situation

11. Sexual--re-propagate your dying species by breeding with as many humanoids as possible

12. Sexual--achieve your "bucket list" of sexual feats

13. Sexual--sleep with X

14. Sexual--sleep with [entire English and Greek alphabets]

15. Sexual--preserve your vow of chastity

etc.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

A section on common cliches and tropes associated with romance and sexuality might be fun.

Well, one common one is the "friendly romantic rivalry" between two PCs, or between a PC and an NPC. They either both have the same romantic "target" in mind, and "may the best woman win", or they have a competition to see who can rack up the most notches on their bedposts. This was slightly subverted in the L Word, where Papi saw Shane as her rival(for bedding the most women in their community), but Shane could really care less. Papi was more of an active seducer, while Shane just seemed to have her Babe Magnet on all the time...

Another one is the "monster only an angel could love" cliche', where a hideously scarred/deformed hero, or one who's got all the charm of a bulldozer, is loved by an almost flawlessly perfect partner, albeit one with a simple flaw. The classic example is the Ben Grimm-Alicia Masters relationship.

A satirical cliche' is the "bored playboy" or "reluctant stud" trope, where the hero is ludicrously successful at bedding beautiful men(or women), but all they really want to do is settle down with a "boy/girl next door" type and raise a family in the suburbs. But all these people just keep throwing themselves at them(sigh). Doesn't anyone just want to hold hands and watch tv together?

I'm going to be skipping around a bit, because it's hard sometimes for me to sustain momentum fleshing out one area; if my inspiration for that is lagging a bit, it can feel too much like a chore rather than a labor of love.

Lord Marzz is a villain(or quasi-villain, depending) I've used a few times in my games. Basically, he's a spoiled young merchant prince from a very wealthy planet, who's gotten into the "humanoid trafficking" business, and collected his own extensive "harem" of enslaved female humanoids in the process. They're employed as bodyguards, dancing girls, "catfight"-style gladiators etc. Marzz is from the planet Balxitine(Bull-zhuh-teen), the only known planet in the universe where the rare metal Balxittium(aka "BX" or "Balxite"(in its raw ore form)) can be found. BX is the strongest, most nearly-indestructible material in all existence. It requires special molecular/matter manipulators in order to shape into a desired form. BX can be mixed with regular steel and other metals in order to dramatically strengthen such materials, and its toughness is generally rated according to the following grades(from weakest to strongest):

Low-grade ore

1% Balxittium Steel

Mid-grade ore

10% Balxittium Steel

High-grade ore

High-grade Balxittium Steel

"Secondary" Balxittium

"Primary" Balxittium

Pure Balxittium(aka Pure BX or Pure Balxite)

Because Balxitine is near a stable wormhole, and because of the value of its ore, the merchant class on the planet became incredibly wealthy, and "merchant princes" are the de facto rulers of their race. Unfortunately, a by product of the BX mining process interfered with the reproductive processes of Balxittars(the name for the inhabitants), resulting in a dramatic shift in the male-to-female ratio(it's dropped down to about 215:1), and consequently the Balxittar have had to resort to clone incubation chambers and cross-breeding with women of compatible species(which, turns out, is almost every other humanoid species in the local galactic cluster). The merchant princes frequently used their vast wealth to accumulate large harems of humanoid females, either through negotiated marriages, indentured servitude, contract "labor", or just plain slave-trading. Marzz is one of the younger but more prominent of these merchant princes, more well-known because of his forays to Earth in search of "suitable" women to add to his "collection". Marzz is no physical prodigy, and nothing special to look at, but he is incredibly wealthy, and has used that wealth to commission a special battlesuit, forged of the finest, purest Balxite, and which renders him nearly invulnerable to most forms of attack(however, the helmet can be removed, and he's still vulnerable to a few other unconventional forms of attack). He travels about in a giant, luxurious "space yacht", specially adapted for collecting, training and keeping his "harem"(and others to be sold/traded away). It strongly resembles a stereotypical "flying saucer" from a 1950s science fiction film, and is a bit larger than a professional sports stadium or shopping mall.

Lord Marzz generally serves as the client or the middleman for the Extraction Crew, arriving to help ferry away captured fugitives and newly-trained/conditioned slaves to other paying clients or interstellar law enforcement authorities(in the case of captured criminals). He disdains combat with women as being beneath his dignity, generally wishing them not to be seriously "damaged" in battle, and will bargain fairly readily for his freedom if he is put at a serious disadvantage. He comes across as a little bit arrogant/condescending, a hedonist with some odd or cheesy fetishes(he likes to watch women "cat fight", likes to dress them up in various costumes, likes to collect "sets" of females with some trait in common, and whatever other little kinks the GM/players can think up), and a slight physical coward. He is smallier and punier than his guards, out of his armor, and while not ugly, his appearance is nothing to write home about.

The main game purpose of Marzz is to provide adventure seeds and some comic relief. He is not what one would consider a highly competent or ruthless villain, and most of what he forces his slaves to do, while humiliating or a little degrading, is not particularly heinous or evil(aside from the fact they wouldn't normally do it but for their conditioning/coercion). His wealth and influence also tends to mean he won't stay out of action forever.

A satirical cliche' is the "bored playboy" or "reluctant stud" trope' date=' where the hero is ludicrously successful at bedding beautiful men(or women), but all they really want to do is settle down with a "boy/girl next door" type and raise a family in the suburbs. But all these people just keep throwing themselves at them(sigh). Doesn't anyone just want to hold hands and watch tv together?[/quote']

Those are great examples. TVtropes has a few good articles on a few as well.

"Forbidden Romance" is a common but tricky one--it can be anything from characters of different religions, ethnic backgrounds, rival families, hero/villain romances, late teen/adult romances, same gender romances(in settings where that's frowned upon), different (sapient) species, or any other sort of socially taboo or "inappropriate" pairing(this would also include adulterous relationships, I suppose). If the pairing is not just socially taboo for society in the setting, but for the players as well, it has to be handled carefully so as not to offend anyone or make them unnecessarily uncomfortable.

Lord Marzz

10/60 STR 0

15/25 DEX 10

10/60 CON 0

20 INT 10

20 EGO 10

20/50 PRE 10

5/10 OCV 10

5/8 DCV 10

7 OMCV 12

7 DMCV 12

10/60 PD 8

10/60 ED 8

4/6 SPD 20

10/30 REC 6

20/90 END 0

20/90 STUN 0

10/40 BODY 0

(126)

Powers and Talents

Pure Balxite Powered Battle Armor, Obvious Inaccessible Focus(-1/2)

67 +50 STR at 0 END Cost, Penetrating

13 +10 DEX

33 +50 CON

20 +30 PRE

16 +5 OCV

7 +3 DCV

83 +50 PD, Resistant, Hardened x2, Impenetrable x2

83 +50 ED, Resistant, Hardened x2, Impenetrable x2

13 +2 SPD

13 +20 Recovery

9 +70 Endurance

23 +70 Stun

20 +30 Body

60 100% resistant Physical Damage Reduction, doesn't count for stunning purposes, Act. 15-

60 100% resistant Energy Damage Reduction, doesn't count for stunning purposes, Act. 15-

60 100% resistant Mental Damage Reduction, Act. 14-

75 Hypno Ray, 30d6 Mind Control, full phase to use, usable 16x per day

75 Multipower 150 active points--right forearm control panel, Act. 14-

7 u Pain Induction: 10d6 Mental Attack, APx2

7 uPleasure Induction: Change Environment(stunning), -10 to CON rolls, Constant, AoE Accurate(+1/4)

7 uStasis Beam: 10d6 Entangle, transparent to attack

7 uPuppeteer Beam: STR 60 TK, fine manipulation, Constant

7 uTeleport Beam: 50m teleportation, usable as attack(+1 1/4), ranged(+1/2), AoE Accurate(+1/4) (used to send people away or bring servants to his defense)

30 Power Defense 45 points

30 Full Life Support

20 Knockback Resistance -30m

20 Universal Translator 13-

60 Multipower 120 active points--Pulson Pistol, Obvious Accessible Focus

6 u 12d6 NND (Power Defense)

6 u 12d6 Energy Blast, Penetrating, Double Knockback

6 u 4d6 KA, Double Penetrating

6 u 9.5d6 NND, AoE(8m radius)

6 u 9.5d6 NND, Affects Desolid

600 Variable Power Pool--Mastermind Pool(various high tech gadgets and gear for whatever scheme he's up to at the moment, also represents special summoned henchmen and so forth), 300 active points, only change between adventures(-1),no skill roll to change 300 pool points

(1555)

Skills & Perks

1 Charm 8-

2 KS: Sexual Technique 11-

2 PS: Perform Sexual Technique 11-

10 +2 with Pulson Pistol

15 Filthy Rich

10 Rank: High-ranking merchant prince of Balxitine

5 Trading 20-

3 Bureaucratics 19-

3 High Society 19-

3 Streetwise 19-

2 Conversation 10-

2 Persuasion 10-

3 AK: Balxitine 13-

3 AK: Zeta Galaxy 13-

2 AK: Earth 11-

2 AK: Milky Way Galaxy 11-

2 AK: Andromeda Galaxy 11-

2 AK: Magellanic Clouds 11-

3 Navigation 13-

4 TF: Large and Small spacecraft

2 WF: Spacecraft weaponry

50 Well-connected, 47 points in contacts

350 Followers--up to 1000 of up to 1500 points each(guards and harem girls)

300 Vehicle/Base--the Seraglio, heavily up-armored and up-gunned gigantic space pleasure yacht(about 400m in diameter)

(781)

2462 points

Complications

15 Lecherous

15 Overconfident

20 Hunted by various planetary law enforcement bodies

10 Romantic Unluck

25 Unluck 5d6

15 Physical Limitation, helmet can be removed from armor in two phases(reducing defenses)

It may not be entirely clear in Lord Marzz' writeup, but his helmet can be removed in a couple phases, and if it is, he's highly vulnerable to attacks to his head(doesn't get the protection of the armor or damage reduction, can be affected by mental powers). Generally removing his helmet will tend to end the fight.

It may not be entirely clear in Lord Marzz' writeup' date=' but his helmet can be removed in a couple phases, and if it is, he's highly vulnerable to attacks to his head(doesn't get the protection of the armor or damage reduction, can be affected by mental powers). Generally removing his helmet will tend to end the fight.[/quote']

Like Juggernaut. ;)

JG

Humm...just got and read the APG. Page 90 has a disterbing advantage to Desolification' date=' called Selective Desolification. Humm...a rapeing ghost. *shutter*[/quote']

That's actually not an uncommon theme in Ghost/Gothic Horror stories.

JG

A man from Exham made love to a ghost.

In the midst of a spasm

The pure ectoplasm

Said "I could feel it, almost."

Lucius Alexander

There was a man with a palindromedary...

Humm...just got and read the APG. Page 90 has a disterbing advantage to Desolification' date=' called Selective Desolification. Humm...a rapeing ghost. *shutter*[/quote']

We dealt with a criminal with a similar concept in a Street Level supers game:a serial rapist with a form of Astral Projection.

I'd like to get a little bit more done in this project before the end of the year. Of the things I've mentioned previously(at this point, character writeups and commentary on the 20 subject areas I've mentioned(such as chivalric romance)), is there anything specific anyone would like to see in the next 3 weeks?

I'd like to get a little bit more done in this project before the end of the year. Of the things I've mentioned previously(at this point' date=' character writeups and commentary on the 20 subject areas I've mentioned(such as chivalric romance)), is there anything specific anyone would like to see in the next 3 weeks?[/quote']

Aside from input by female posters?

Lucius Alexander

I'll ask the palindromedary

Aside from input by female posters?

Lucius Alexander

I'll ask the palindromedary

Just let it go, Lucius. It isn't going to happen.

That having been said, I've been enjoying the write-ups very much, and I'd like to see many more.

This is a gamer site and a Hero gamer site. I'm amazed we have as many female posters as we do. :D

JG

And I'm amazed that not a single one has posted to this thread for any reason.

But the inescapable fact is that they haven't.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary thought that Opale, at least, would put in an appearance.

As I've noted before, we have maybe a half dozen prominent female gamers who post with some regularity in the gaming forums and threads. At least one of them has indicated this isn't her cup of tea and wasn't thrilled with some of the discussion in the early part of the thread. There are a variety of viable reasons why there haven't been any posts by female gamers to this thread:

1. some of the content posted may be alienating, discomfiting or offensive

2. they, individually, may not be comfortable discussing the subject matter(romance, love, sex, eroticism) with male gamers

3. they may not feel they have anything in particular to contribute

4. if they find some content offensive, they may simply choose not to respond, rather than risk what they feel might be an unproductive and stressful communication

5. they may not see any need to address the subject matter to this level of detail

6. they might prefer to see some individual topics broken out into their own threads(romantic roleplay, for example)

7. they might be concerned, given the subject matter, that male posters may engage in flirting with them and making sophomoric comments(that seems extremely unlikely to me, though)

8. they might think boys are icky :P

I'd also note that my member name at the head of the thread probably doesn't fill them with confidence that the subject matter will be handled in a discreet and mature fashion. Not a lot we can do about most of this stuff.

Speaking of threads women don't go into, this is crossposted from Gun Girls

what-japanese-girl-sniper-rifle-demotivational-poster-1258920798.jpg

Another fine product from Palindromedary Enterprises!

(weapon sold seperately)

Fembot Catgirl Maid Gun Bunny

Val Char Cost Roll Notes

15 STR 5 12- Lift 200.0kg; 3d6 [1]

13 DEX 6 12- OCV: 4/DCV: 5

13 CON 3 12-

18 INT 8 13- PER Roll 13-/16-

0 EGO 0 9- ECV: 3 - 3

15 PRE 5 12- PRE Attack: 3d6

4 OCV 5

5 DCV 10

3 OMCV 0

3 DMCV 0

3 SPD 10 Phases: 4, 8, 12

8 PD 3 Total: 8 PD (3 rPD)

8 ED 3 Total: 8 ED (3 rED)

5 REC 1

20 END 0

10 BODY 0

20 STUN 0 Total Characteristic Cost: 56

Movement: Running: 9m/12m/18m/24m

Leaping: 4m/8m

Swimming: 4m/8m

Cost Powers END

9 I am very sturdy and durable: Resistant Protection (3 PD/3 ED) 0

1 I come when called: Running +3m (9m/12m total) (3 Active Points); Conditional Power When called (-1) 1

1 I hear and obey: +3 PER with Normal Hearing (3 Active Points); Limited Power Her master's voice (-1) 0

1 I only need catnaps: Life Support (Sleeping: Character only has to sleep 8 hours per week) 0

1 I can hold my breath: Life Support (Extended Breathing: 1 END per Turn) 0

5 I am sterilized for your protection: Life Support (Immunity: All terrestrial diseases) 0

2 Self repair: Regeneration (1 BODY per Week) 0

Bodyguard

Maneuver OCV DCV Notes

4 Martial Block +2 +2 Block, Abort

4 Martial Disarm -1 +1 Disarm; 25 STR to Disarm

3 Martial Grab -1 -1 Grab Two Limbs, 25 STR for holding on

3 Martial Throw +0 +1 3d6 +v/10, Target Falls

2 Weapon Element: Blades, Clubs, including firearms used as melee weapons; default is barehanded

Talents

2 I follow instructions: Eidetic Memory (5 Active Points); Limited Power To remember orders (-1)

3 Dormancy Mode: Simulate Death

4 Seductive by design: +2/+2d6 Striking Appearance (vs. [Human males])

Skills

3 I am skilled and graceful: Acrobatics 12-

3 I can take a fall: Breakfall 12-

3 I can be anything you want me to be: Acting 12-

1 I can be anything you want me to be: Mimicry 8-

2 I am clever with make up and costumes: Disguise 10-

3 I can hold any position you choose: Contortionist 12-

3 If I can reach the lock, I can pick it....: Security Systems 13-

2 I am trained in basic first aid: Paramedics 10-

3 ...: Charm (without saying a word) 12-

3 Uncanny silence: Stealth 12-

1 Uncanny stillness: Concealment 13- (3 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only to conceal self; -1)

3 Read Master AKA Analyze Desires: Analyze: Skill to "size up" a man's preferences (general, long term desires) and moods (what he feels like right now) 13-

0 Automatons do not get "Everyman" Skills for free

3 1) English: Language: One common language with literacy (completely fluent)

3 2) Japanese: Language: Second common language with literacy (completely fluent)

1 3) Conversation 8-

1 4) Concealment 8-

1 5) Climbing 8-

1 6) Shadowing 8-

1 7) Computer Programming 8-

3 Scholar

2 1) Getting to know you: KS: Owner (3 Active Points) 13-

2 2) Otaku: KS: Anime, Manga, etc (3 Active Points) 13-

2 3) KS: Carnal knowledge (3 Active Points) 13-

3 Jack of All Trades

2 1) PS: Bodyguard (INT) (3 Active Points) 13-

1 2) PS: Concubine (2 Active Points) 11-

2 3) PS: Cook (INT) (3 Active Points) 13-

2 4) PS: Dance (DEX) (3 Active Points) 12-

2 5) PS: Maid (INT) (3 Active Points) 13-

1 6) PS: Massage (2 Active Points) 11-

1 7) PS: Sing (2 Active Points) 11-

0 Gun Bunny

3 1) WF: Small Arms, Blades

1 2) Weaponsmith (Firearms, Swords And Daggers) 13- (3 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about half of its effectiveness (Only to maintain (clean, sharpen, field repair,) clear jams, rapid reload, or identify weapons; not skilled in actually making them; -1)

3 3) +1 with firearms

3 4) Make one move against Master, and I will kill you where you stand: Oratory 12-

Total Powers & Skill Cost: 119

Total Cost: 175

175+ Matching Complications

125 Base Points

15 Dependence: Takes 3d6 Damage + Incompetence: -1 to Skill Rolls + Weakness: -3 to Characteristic Rolls, “I exist to serve” Dependence on Master / Programmed self-destruction. For each day forcibly separated from Master and/or prevented from actively rendering service, fembot takes 3d6 damage, and suffers incompetence and weakness as per Dependence. (This keeps anyone from stealing your fembot unless they know how to reprogram it to recognize a different Master) , 1 Day

5 Distinctive Features: "Uncanny valley" - subtly inhuman in expression, movement, and speech. In this case, feline mannerisms (Concealable; Noticed and Recognizable; Detectable By Commonly-Used Senses; Not Distinctive In Some Cultures)

30 Susceptibility: Self-destruct failsafe: triggerred by any of: Master's command, Manufacturer's signal, successful Mind Control or Telepathy past "surface thoughts" or any other attempt to tamper with, disassemble, or reverse-engineer either software or hardware without Manufacturer's passcodes 3d6 damage per Segment (Uncommon)

Total Complications Points: 175

Background/History: From the Owner's Manual

Your fembot has certain requirements that must be met to prevent cessation of function and voiding of the warranty.

Constant exposure to an Earthlike oxygenated atmosphere: Do not store your fembot in enclosed space without ventilation. Do not block air intake for periods greater than 5 minutes. Your fembot is capable of operating in water but should not remain completely submerged longer than 5 minutes, less if the fembot is being very active. DO NOT EXPOSE TO HARD VACUUM. Unless special ordered or provided appropriate equipment, a fembot's tolerances for pressue and temperature are approximately those of an average Earthborn Human.

Sustenance: A well balanced diet is optimal for long term high performance. Neglecting to feed your fembot for three days in a row will void the warranty, as will failure to provide a constant, ready supply of potable water. A fembot will also need facilities for the disposal of organic waste products.

Attention and Guidance: Once a fembot imprints on an owner, only an authorized service facility can reverse the imprinting. Your imprinted fembot exists to serve you. This need may be met simply; your fembot will readily spend all day every day standing around looking pretty, as long as, once a day, you pause to admire or give some verbal or nonverbal assurance that you do in fact find your fembot to be pretty. Long periods without contact or instructions are problematic. If your fembot cannot perceive that it is serving a useful (defined as serving or pleasing you in some way) function, the unit will cease to function at all, eventually shut down, and begin to deteriorate.

Personality/Motivation: This specific fembot is programmed to be: catgirl, maid, bodyguard.

Quote: "How may I serve you, Master?"

Powers/Tactics: Standard Features:

Heavy duty construction: A standard fembot can lift (but not carry) 200 kg and is tough enough to withstand moderately rough use.

Self repair: a damaged fembot can usually repair itself over time.

Sleep mode: only required for 1 hr in 24

Dormancy mode: a safety feature to prevent damage, the fembot may become dormant in an emegency.

Self destruct: A security feature ensuring a fembot may not be stolen or compromised.

And of course, your fembot is designed and programmed to be a perfect courtesan.

Campaign Use: Fembot Model 125/50 is built on 125 points plus 50 points of Complications, suitable for a standard heroic game. 30 points are left unspent for optional customization and/or skills not yet programmed. Available for sale (175 pt follower for 35 pts) or lease (Summon 175 pt Fembot 35 pts, (+1 advantage for slavishly devoted 70 pts,) delivery to reasonable locations only (-½ limit “must inhabit locale”) allow 4 to 6 weeks for delivery (-5 limit extra time) Check out our special rates for matched sets and harems with Teamwork skill! (each 5 pts doubles the number for either Follower or Summon)

For just 6 Character points plus a monthly monetary fee, join the Fembot of the Month Club and get a surprisingly new and different fembot each month.

Fembot of the Month Club: Summon 175-point Fembot, Slavishly Devoted (+1) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Month, -5), 1 Charge which Recovers every 1 Month (-3), No Conscious Control (Only Effects cannot be controlled; -1), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-½), IIF Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -½)

Or for only 7 points, join the Fembot of the Month Premium Club and choose from a broad selection every month!

Fembot of the Month Club: Summon 175-point Fembot, Slavishly Devoted (+1) (70 Active Points); Extra Time (1 Month, -5), 1 Charge which Recovers every 1 Month (-3), Summoned Being Must Inhabit Locale (-½), IIF Expendable (Difficult to obtain new Focus; -½)

Appearance: This specific fembot is designed to resemble a Japanese female with subtle feline features.

How do you want yours to look?

Fembot character sheet by Lucius Alexander

Copyright Palindromedary Enterprises

Anyone have any thoughts on the topic of Chivalry and Courtly Love? I'm drawing a bit of a blank, can do some research but was wondering if anyone had any ideas or good source material(preferably already in RPG format).

Ditto for Swashbuckling/Aristocratic era romance and intrigue(think Dangerous Liaisons, 3 musketeers, various pirate stuff), and Victorian era romance and debauchery(Dorian Gray, various Bronte/Austen/Merchant Ivory type stuff). Pretty much everything else I can come up with something to say.