The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained herein)

megaplayboy

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

Isn't Mental Defense ALWAYS vs outside interference, more or less by definition?

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Defense

Most likely. I was trying to indicate that it wouldn't apply against, say, a device used by her/its owner to control her/it. So if someone else grabbed that device, they could bypass the cybernetic safeguards.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

Most likely. I was trying to indicate that it wouldn't apply against' date=' say, a device used by her/its owner to control her/it. So if someone else grabbed that device, they could bypass the cybernetic safeguards.[/quote']

I see.

Still not sure it should be worth -1/2.

Lucius Alexander

Not vs Palindromedaries

It's because we're all collectively going insane in that universe. But there is a specific Entity cult which is encouraging that particular manifestation.

Ah. I found the relevant quotation:

The time would be easy to know' date=' for then mankind would have become as the Great Old Ones; free and wild and beyond good and evil, with laws and morals thrown aside and all men shouting and killing and revelling in joy. Then the liberated Old Ones would teach them new ways to shout and kill and revel and enjoy themselves, and all the earth would flame with a holocaust of ecstasy and freedom[/font']

That's why.

Would this make an interesting Erotic Hero type character: An Elder of the Universe type being, older than time, who's means of distraction of experience every erotic/sexual diversions in the Universe and/or seduce all the genders of every alien species that has a concept of sex and romance?

Would this make an interesting Erotic Hero type character: An Elder of the Universe type being' date=' older than time, who's means of distraction of experience every erotic/sexual diversions in the Universe and/or seduce all the genders of every alien species that has a concept of sex and romance?[/quote']

Probably. In the CU, there could be a Galaxar(the Lover? the Seducer? the Paramour? ) who fits that role. They all have 300-500 point VPPs, plus usually a multipower representing their "specialty". The main decision you'd have to make as a GM is just how seductive/effective they are at what they do. Is it all PRE-attack and skill-based? Do they have a superhuman level of skill? Do they use mind-control or emotion-control type powers? The interesting thing is if they try to seduce a PC--does the PC regard it as unwelcome romantic attention(of a cosmic nature), or as an extraordinary opportunity to experience something few beings in the universe do?

You could also do something similar with a terrestrial deity notorious for their conquests--the prime example, of course, being Zeus/Jupiter.

Would this make an interesting Erotic Hero type character: An Elder of the Universe type being' date=' older than time, who's means of distraction of experience every erotic/sexual diversions in the Universe and/or seduce all the genders of every alien species that has a concept of sex and romance?[/quote']

Reminds me of this one National Lampoon parody of the Marvel Universe where some girl offers to give a BJ to Uatu the Watcher and he says, "I suppose that's all right. As long as I just watch."

JG

I have a seemingly endless "to do" list for this thread/project, but it boils down to:

1. more character writeups

2. genre/sub-topic notes(maybe a dozen bullet points apiece, 20 topics)

3. copying and pasting everything into a word doc, then turning it into a usable pdf

#3 includes giving credit where it's due, so if you want to give me a "boost", feel free to collect all your own contributions and PM them to me, so I can put them in their own section for now.:)

I'm juggling a bunch of real world stuff--work, job-hunting, guitar practice--along with working on this and the sourcebook on running Epic superhero campaigns, so needless to say, it's taking a bit longer than I expected. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

I'm mostly working on the Epic supers sourcebook stuff right now, but haven't forgotten about this. I will try to put up an Avatar writeup(not the movie) next week and will start pasting stuff from this thread into a doc and convert to pdf for posting and review. Won't be done by Valentine's Day like I originally wanted, but mid-summer would be fine, too. :)

• 2 weeks later...

It's not a bad book. There's some interesting content about mating, marriage and sexuality among different D and D races, mechanics and useful table if you want to include more material in that vein. Unfortunately, the book gets allot of flack about things that aren't actually in it as well as being compared (very undeservedly IMO) to F.A.T.A.L.

Perhaps better suited to this forum than A Thread For Random Musings:

PLAYBOY Advisor

Q: How strong is the penis? -R.T., New York, New York

A: How strong do you need it to be? Thanks to kung fu grandmaster Tu Jin-Sheng of Taiwan, aka The Iron Crotch, we know a flaccid human penis can pull at least 8,100 pounds without being torn off. That's the weight of the rental truck Tu moved in 2005 with a rope tied around his penis and testicles. (He did a second pull using only his testicles, setting a record there as well.) Tu has also moved an 8,000 pound airplane and hopes to someday organize a group tug of a 747. He claims his most accomplished students can break ice blocks and cut coconuts.

Please don't try this at home- and never while erect; it involves specialized training that involves squatting with weights swinging between your legs. "Penis training is often ridiculed in the martial arts," writes Gene Ching of Kung Fu Tai Chi magazine. "But as Tu sees it, people train every other part of your body except their sexual organs." There is a higher purpose: Tu claims penis qigong, besides improving sexual stamina, can treat diabetes, arterial blockages, allergies, earaches and other ailments. Women can practice the method by inserting into their vaginas a ball attached to a rod on which weights are attached. This makes it possible, for the first time, for a female to be well-hung.

The Truck pull video is well worth hunting down.

I've kinda let my training slack... I was up to 50 lbs (hoisting an anvil was my best trick) when I was in form, which puts me firmly in the "wimpy lightweights" side of the Iron Crotch spectrum.

The Truck pull video is well worth hunting down.

I've kinda let my training slack... I was up to 50 lbs (hoisting an anvil was my best trick) when I was in form, which puts me firmly in the "wimpy lightweights" side of the Iron Crotch spectrum.

That's a Many Talented Fool. :thumbup:

JG

• 1 month later...

Avatar Mark I(Android/Drone hybrid, basic host model)

(writeup incomplete)

25 STR 15

25 DEX 30

25 CON 15

25 INT 15

25 EGO 15

25 PRE 15

7 OCV 20

7 DCV 20

5 OMCV 6

5 DMCV 6

12 PD 10

12 ED 10

5 SPD 30

14 REC 10

50 END 6

50 STUN 15

20 BODY 10

(248)

Talents and Powers

12 Immaculate Perfection:+4 levels Striking Appearance

10 Pilot/Host Interface:Mind Link, any one person, any distance up to 1 light second, Extra time to establish link

20 Subdermal Plating: Resistant Protection 12/12, Activation 14-(doesn't cover entire body)

15 People Pleaser: +3 to Charm, Persuasion, Conversation; +3 to KS: Sexual Technique and PS: Perform Sexual Technique

I've been playing some serious catch-up with this thread, since I'm actually thinking of following through on my little April Fools' joke. I'm impressed with all the work that's been put into this already. There's lots of stuff here that'll be useful for writing up XXXSWAT: Special Squad NC-17.

One trope I'm considering for use is Clothing Damage and I'm wondering if rules for that would be appropriate to this thread, or if they've already appeared here?

One trope I'm considering for use is Clothing Damage and I'm wondering if rules for that would be appropriate to this thread, or if they've already appeared here?

I would highly recommend looking up an out of print game called SuperBabes and its use of "Bimbo Points."

Research of Cinemax After Dark movies wouldn't hurt either.

JG

I would highly recommend looking up an out of print game called SuperBabes and its use of "Bimbo Points."

Research of Cinemax After Dark movies wouldn't hurt either.

JG

Okay, I found SuperBabes, but their use of "Clothing Damage" as a result of "Bimbo Points" wasn't really what I had in mind. To be more specific, I'm thinking of working up some rules for the occurrence of Clothing Damage in combat, and its effects. I was thinking of adding defenses as more skin gets exposed, as in the GURPS advantage Bulletproof Nudity (yeah, they've got that) which would work much like the Combat Luck talent, and/or added levels of Striking Appearance. Added DCV is also a possibility.

One could, I suppose, treat incidental clothing damage in combat thusly:

clothing damage = cumulative cosmetic transform(clothed to unclothed), partial transform, NND(defense is taking no damage from an associated normal attack, wearing body armor, etc.)

attack does minor damage = 1 pip transform damage

attack does average damage = 1/2d6 transform

attack stuns target = 1d6 transform

attack barely KOs target = 2d6 transform

attack knocks target deeply unconscious = 3d6 transform

The lack of clothing-as-defense would be Combat luck or somesuch with a trigger, imo.

One could, I suppose, treat incidental clothing damage in combat thusly:

clothing damage = cumulative cosmetic transform(clothed to unclothed), partial transform, NND(defense is taking no damage from an associated normal attack, wearing body armor, etc.)

attack does minor damage = 1 pip transform damage

attack does average damage = 1/2d6 transform

attack stuns target = 1d6 transform

attack barely KOs target = 2d6 transform

attack knocks target deeply unconscious = 3d6 transform

The lack of clothing-as-defense would be Combat luck or somesuch with a trigger, imo.

That would work; I'll probably simplify it to keep combat moving quickly. Another option I considered was using the Accidental Change complication; if a hit location takes damage there's a chance of clothing getting ripped. (Depending on the clothing: 8- for resistant DEF, 11- normal defense, 14- for anything with a zero DEF)

Again the Combat Luck w/Trigger would come into play. Obviously the same location couldn't be affected twice.

Okay' date=' I found [i']SuperBabes[/i], but their use of "Clothing Damage" as a result of "Bimbo Points" wasn't really what I had in mind. To be more specific, I'm thinking of working up some rules for the occurrence of Clothing Damage in combat, and its effects. I was thinking of adding defenses as more skin gets exposed, as in the GURPS advantage Bulletproof Nudity (yeah, they've got that) which would work much like the Combat Luck talent, and/or added levels of Striking Appearance. Added DCV is also a possibility.

There was already a variant of Combat Luck in The Valdorian Age that didn't work if you were sufficiently encumbered, so that could also mean clothed.

I believe I've previously referred to the "Distracting Costume" in 5th Edition Gadgets & Gear..

JG