The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained herein)

megaplayboy

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

(Really Hard to Get Superbabe)

Princess Ms. Powerful Marvelous Girl(PMPMG)

30 STR 20

30 DEX 40

30 CON 20

30 INT 20

30 EGO 20

30 PRE 20

10 OCV 35

10 DCV 35

10 OMCV 21

10 DMCV 21

30 PD 28

30 ED 28

7 SPD 50

15 REC 22

80 END 12

80 STUN 30

30 BODY 20

(442)

Powers and Talents

15 +10 meters running, +5 meters swimming

15 Tireless: 0 END Cost on 30 STR

30 Marvelous Powerful Amazon Faerie Princess Invulnerability: Resistant on 30 PD and ED

12 Flawless Marvelous Powerful Amazon Faerie Princess Beauty: +4 Striking Appearance

8 Appealingly Impossible Superhuman Voluptuous/Athletic Gravity Defying Physique, if you go for that sort of thing: +4 Striking Appearance, Limited

6 I've Got No Time For All That Lovey-Dovey Smooth Talk: +6 to resist Charm attempts

10 Very Hard to Impress an Amazon Faerie Princess: +20 PRE, defensive only

10 Amazon Faerie Minds Are Very Hard to Dominate: +20 EGO, only to resist Mind Control

10 Very, Very Hard to Dominate: 20 points Mental Defense, only to resist Mind Control

10 Amazon Faerie Princess Magic Resistance: 10 points Power Defense

105 Amazon Faerie Princess Magic Warrior Powers: Multipower, 105 active points

10 u +70 STR, 0 END Cost

10 u 14d6 Energy Blast, 0 END Cost

10 u 7d6 Entangle, 7 DEF, Takes No Damage

10 u Flight 60 meters, x 8 noncombat, 0 END Cost

10 u Telekinesis, 60 STR, fine manipulation

10 u 14d6 Energy Blast, AOE Radius 8 meters

10 u 7d6 Mental Blast, 0 END Cost

333 Amazon Faerie Princess Magic, Variable Power Pool, No Time to Change, Requires Gestures and Incantations, 200 base, 133 Control Cost(up to 200 Active Points)

10 This Costume Magically Protects Me From Kryptonian Peeping Toms: Darkness to Sight, 0 END Persistent, only vs. Penetrating sight, OIF Tight-fitting Amazon Faerie Princess Warrior Costume

45 Full Life Support and Unaging

14 Regeneration

25 5d6 Luck

(728)

Skills

35 Amazon Faerie Magic, 31-

5 Charm 16-

36 3 Overall Levels

5 Persuasion 16-

5 Oratory 16-

5 Conversation 16-

5 High Society 16-

5 KS: Every Pickup Line Ever Attempted On Any Superheroine/Supervillainess, Ever, 17-

5 KS: Pickup Artist Tricks, 17-

5 KS: Male Superheroes and Their Reputations, 17-

5 KS: Male Supervillains and Their Reputations, 17-

5 KS: Male Celebrities and Their Reputations, 17-

5 AK: Amazon Faerie Magical Wonderful Kingdom, 17-

5 AK: Campaign Planet, 17-

5 KS: Sexual Technique, 17-

5 PS: Perform Sexual Technique, 17-

5 KS: Special Secret Sacred Amazon Faerie Sex Magic Techniques, 17-

5 PS: Perform SSSAFSMT, 17-

5 Language: Guy Talk

5 Language: Pickup Artist Slang

5 Language: Faerie

5 Language: English

5 Language: Amazon

5 Contortionist, 16-

5 Acrobatics, 16-

5 PS: Gymnast, 16-

5 Breakfall, 16-

(196)

Perks

15 All the Wealth of the Amazon Faerie Magical Wonderful Kingdom

10 Princess of AFMWK

50 Well-Connected and 47 points worth of Contacts

75 Amazon Faerie Warrior Elite Platoon: 32 followers built on 250 points each

15 Super-famous, Beautiful Superheroine, +5/5d6, 14-

(165)

1531 total points

Complications(100)

20 Distinctive Features(Superhumanly gorgeous and impressive, causes extreme reaction, concealable with effort)

10 Social Complication: Public Identity

15 Distrusts Men(Very Common, Moderate)

20 Devoted to Superheroing(Very Common, Strong)

15 Watched by Queen Ms. Spectacular Omnipotent Woman(mother), 14-

10 Negative Rep("ice queen")

10 Lonely (Common, Moderate)

Verbiage to come later, but I tried to make this one a bit more distinctive. PMPMG is really, really hard to "get", via seduction, super-seduction or psi-manipulation...not quite impossible, but really hard. In fact, the best bet may actually be to just "be yourself", be patient and friendly, and don't make it too obvious. IF she finds the character trustworthy(and attractive), she will slowly warm up to them. But it could take the greater part of a campaign to win her over.

If you need to present an even greater challenge to your campaigns megaplayboy, just assume that Queen Ms. Spectacular Omnipotent Woman is amped up about 50% higher in everything from this writeup(i.e., +9 to resist charm, PRE defense +30, Mental def +30, etc.), and almost entirely impossible to seduce or manipulate--her heart can only be won the hard way(insert suitable list of "labors" here). Power levels are over the top here, but it should be easy to scale down the combat-related stats of the character to suit a campaign.

PMPMG looks like a hybrid of every pinup-quality super-cheesecake good girl art ever. Tall, athletic and muscular, extremely curvy and voluptuous, built like no real woman who ever existed--an adolescent male power fantasy wet dream girl. Significant portions of the male populace lose all capacity for rational thought in her presence(more than a few straight females, too). Though she sometimes finds this irritating, she has become quite proficient at manipulating this to her advantage when she feels it's necessary.

• Replies 824
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The "Essay"(ESSE/UEH) Project(Warning: mature/controversial content contained her

If the campaign is about playing orcs and other evil races AND being evil, then I would expect murder, thievery, and rape to occur. Maybe even cannibalism. It might be done to the PCs, by the PCs, or just to NPCs they know. I would never play in this type of campaign myself, but playing the bad guys does seem to be popular.

Frankly, if they aren't one-dimensionally evil, they aren't orcs. As far as I am concerned, that is part of the definition of the species. And yes, subhuman savages is a very good description of them. They aren't PCs - they are throw-away mooks.

I kinda like Orcs as fantasy Klingons. Or vice versa. :D

JG

On the subject of telepathy and intimacy:

Who remembers Babylon 5? Arguably one of the finest sci-fi TV shows in history. one of the conceits of the universe was that telepaths were real, and not exactly uncommon. Nearly every race had some number of telepaths among their population. On Earth, telepaths are regulated by PsiCorps., for the protection of the privacy of normal humans. Rogue telepaths are hunted down by "PsiCops," the strongest telepaths humanity has thus far produced. In an early episode, a rogue telepath is being hunted through the station by PsiCops, and it turns out that the rogue was a former lover of the station's commercial telepath. She tells Commander Sinclair:

"Do you know what it's like when telepaths make love, Commander? You drop every defense, and it's all mirrors, reflecting each other's feelings. Deeper and deeper, until, somewhere along the line, your souls mix, and it's a feeling so profound that it makes you hurt. It's the only moment in a telepath's life that you no longer hear the voices."

Another conceit of Babylon 5's telepaths is that most people broadcast their thoughts, and telepaths can't help but pick up on them. Training is necessary to be even remotely functional, but there's just no way to ever stop hearing the thoughts of everyone around you.

So, for mental powers and intimacy, the effects can be profound. Imagine that you can make your partner feel your love for them, how they make you feel, how much you mean to them, and you can feel the same from them. Even without physical intimacy, this connection must be incredible. When expressed physically, telepaths in love must have sex that's a thousand times more pleasurable than any normal human could dream.

Of course, there's a flipside. Imagine knowing, beyond a shadow of a doubt, that the person you're with just doesn't love you. To them, you're only having sex or Efing. Knowing that they don't care for you the way you care about them. . . heartbreak times a million. Or the reverse. . . the typical "commitaphobe" being able to feel someone falling head-over-heels in love with them, experiencing the intensity of emotion that scares them so much.

Another point to address is the old "Man of Steel, Woman of Kleenex" issue. Now, I think we can all agree that, unless a character has a Complication specifically stating otherwise, any superhuman powers are controllable in ordinary situations, including sexually. What I think is the more interesting question is this: is this sort of "holding back" enjoyable for the super-powered? I wouldn't think so. I picture it as being similar to someone who "likes it rough" paired with someone who doesn't. The former has to continually hold back, denying what s/he likes for the sake of their partner. After a certain point, sex probably begins to feel like a chore. For the super-powered, the question become, would they be more sexually attracted to other super-powered individuals, who could "keep up" with their superhuman abilities?

One interesting power set, from a romance/eroticism standpoint:

Empathy--Multipower: Slot 1: Mind Control, telepathic, emotions only(-1/4); Slot 2: Telepathy, receive/transmit emotions only(-1/2); Slot 3: Ego Attack(Emotional Pain); Slots 4-6 would be AoE versions of these 3

Couple that with Detect Emotional State, sense, Discriminatory, Analyze, Range, and you have someone with tremendous ability to "read" people, and relate to them. Presumably they'd have a solid rationale for very high interaction skill levels, and maybe a high PRE as well.

If you can't "shut off" your empathy or telepathy completely, that would tend to lead to some fairly major complications. If you can't shut off emotion control or mind control, and it's always on at some level, then the mentalist/empath might have a bit of an "empty" feeling, since they could never trust that the feelings other people had toward them were truly "real" or sincere/heartfelt, and not just the effects of their power.

I like the write-up for the superheroine Princess Ms. Powerful Marvelous Girl. A lower-powered variation of it could be done as an anime-style magical girl.

Versus Mind Control, you could also give her a Breakout Roll skill bonus.

I like the write-up for the superheroine Princess Ms. Powerful Marvelous Girl. A lower-powered variation of it could be done as an anime-style magical girl.

Versus Mind Control, you could also give her a Breakout Roll skill bonus.

Thanks. She's basically an amalgam of several different prominent superheroines and their associated tropes--Wonder Woman, Power Girl, Ms. Marvel, Power Princess, Zatanna, Phoenix(Jean Grey). I think PMPMG could use her EGO bonus to also boost her Breakout Roll(to 19-, before Overall levels), high enough to shrug off all but the most overwhelming levels of mind control.

Side note: if you want to write up a character who really IS impossible to charm, I'd suggest giving them +10 to resist(since the converse, -10, is the definitional base point for "impossible" skill tasks), and scale up the other defenses accordingly.

How about a Psychological Complication, Total Commitment?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders, since you gain points fo Complications, should you spend them for Simplifications?

How about a Psychological Complication, Total Commitment?

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wonders, since you gain points fo Complications, should you spend them for Simplifications?

Those can be overcome--see,e.g., the chart for Mind Control(EGO+40 results), and the chart in TUS/Hero System Skills/APG I(page 33 of the APG).

You do, however, get a bonus to resist(+3), and there's probably a similar penalty for the charmer.

I have a fairly long list of character writeups for this thread, most of them fairly specific. I hope to get the thread to 250 posts by Halloween, 500 by the end of November, and past 1000(maybe up to 1500 if we can get some more participation going) by the time Valentine's Day rolls around, at which time I'd like to try to collect and organize it into a working draft document, convert to pdf and upload it to the boards for general use. I will be sure to give credit where it's due. :)

Philip LePine, Private Eye, Age 27(2 years into career)

20 STR 10

23 DEX 26

18 CON 8

18 INT 8

12 EGO 2

18 PRE 8

8 OCV 25

8 DCV 25

3 OMCV 0

4 DMCV 3

8 PD 4

8 ED 4

5 SPD 30

8 REC 12

40 END 4

40 STUN 10

15 BODY 5

(184)

Talents

9 Devastatingly Handsome: +3 Striking Appearance

1 Sharp-Dressed Man: +1 Striking Appearance(OIF Fashionable clothing), extra time: 5 minutes

5 Well-Endowed: +1 Striking Appearance, Limited group; +1 with PS/KS involving intercourse

12 Ladies' Man: +3 with Charm, Persuasion and Conversation, only vs. women; +3 with PS: Perform Sexual Technique and KS: Sexual Technique, only vs. women

2 I Can Go All Night: Half Endurance Cost on up to 20 STR, only for intimate activities

8 Speed Seduction: +6 levels with Charm/Seduction, only to offset penalties for "hurrying up" tasks(-1/2)

6 The Difficult We Do Immediately: +4 levels with Charm/Seduction, only to offset any difficulty penalties(levels do not apply to how much you make roll by or how much target has to make roll by, -1/4)

6 +4 meters running, +2 meters leap

12 Combat Luck(6/6)

10 Luck 2d6

(71)

Skills

5 Deduction 14-

3 Concealment 13-

3 Analyze Style, 13-

3 Security Systems, 13-

3 Sleight of Hand, 14-

3 Lockpicking, 14-

3 Lipreading, 13-

1 Familiarity: Oratory, 8-

2 Proficiency with Criminology, 10-

5 Streetwise 14-

5 High Society 14-

3 Stealth 13-

3 Shadowing 13-

5 Conversation 14-(17-)

5 Charm 14-(17-)

5 Persuasion 14-(17-)

2 Proficiency with Bugging 10-

6 Proficiency with Acting, Disguise and Mimicry, 10-(each)

3 Scholar

2 KS: Criminal Psychology, 13-

3 KS: Sexual Technique 14-(17-)

2 KS: Comparative Literature, 13-

2 KS: Investigative Procedure, 13-

3 KS: Thai Boxing, 14-

1 KS: The Martial World, 11-

1 KS: The Criminal World, 11-

2 KS: Con Games and Fraud Schemes, 13-

1 KS: Police Investigative Procedure, 11-

1 KS: Law, 11-

3 Scientist

2 SS: Psychology, 13-

2 SS: Sociology, 13-

2 SS: Human Sexuality Studies, 13-

3 Jack of All Trades

3 PS: Private Investigator, 14-

3 PS: Perform Sexual Technique, 14-(17/18-)

1 PS: Kickboxer, 11-

25 Muay Thai

Block +2/+2, Block, Abort

Elbow/Knee Killing Strike -2/+0, HKA 1/2d6(2d6 w/STR)

Foot Push +0/+0, 35 STR to shove

Low Kick +0/+2, 6d6

Punch/Elbow Strike +2/+0, 6d6

Roundhouse Kick/Knee Strike -2/+1, 8d6

10 +2 levels with Muay Thai

8 +1 Level all combat

3 WF: Staff, Small Arms

5 Combat Driving 15-

3 Climbing 14-

3 Breakfall 14-

3 AK: San Francisco Bay Area, 13-

2 AK: Los Angeles, 11-

3 Linguist

2 French

2 Chinese

2 Spanish

(176)

Equipment

25 Dad's T-Bird: souped up vintage Ford Thunderbird convertible

18 The Big Gun, version 1: 2d6+1 RKA, +1 Stun Multiplier, OAF, 2 clips of 8 rounds each(.50 Magnum Desert Eagle), +5 PRE, offensive only, only when drawn(-1)

(43)

Perks

2 Making Good Money: 200,000 per year

3 Private Investigator's License

3 Concealed Carry Permit

15 Well-Connected and 12 points in Contacts

(23)

3 Rep: Sexy, Tough Private Eye, +1 d6/+1

500 points

Complications

20 Don Juan Syndrome--compulsively seduces attractive women(Very Common, Strong)

10 Unluck 2d6

10 Watched by local law enforcement

10 Hunted by loan sharks, jealous boyfriends and so forth

15 Protective of women

10 Top Kick Syndrome(Common, Moderate)

10 Lousy shot-- -2 OCV with handguns

5 Negative Rep--nosy, womanizer

10 Dislikes killing(will only kill when absolutely necessary)

Full background to come later.

You might also want to consider giving him a "Little Black Book" of capable women he keeps around who can help him out with various cases. I've built it as a Summon on one character in my Icons campaign who is a womanizer.

I wonder how his psychs would affect his interactions with a woman who was also an equivalent-level martial artist? :)

In looking over the sheet, I keep wondering if he shouldn't have a secretary DNPC of some kind.

You might also want to consider giving him a "Little Black Book" of capable women he keeps around who can help him out with various cases. I've built it as a Summon on one character in my Icons campaign who is a womanizer.

I wonder how his psychs would affect his interactions with a woman who was also an equivalent-level martial artist? :)

In looking over the sheet, I keep wondering if he shouldn't have a secretary DNPC of some kind.

He has a female "junior associate" who works with him,Sheila Fox, who started as his receptionist/admin assistant. The points for contacts likely include a few such helpful paramours. This writeup is for "The Wolf" during the first third of his career arc. As a solo heroic character, he probably started out at 275 points and grew in capability quickly.

I think he would be initially reluctant to mix it up with a female martial artist, outside of a sparring context. If she demonstrated she was serious, and could take a punch, he'd probably stop pulling his punches and defend himself properly.

I wonder why he's got two separate KS on Investigative Technique.

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary wants to investigate that

Differences in the way police investigate, versus the way private investigators do. PIs investigate a somewhat broader range of things and employ different strategies(e.g. more likely to employ deception or use extralegal means) to get the information they need. Plus knowing how police investigate helps The Wolf stay a step or two ahead of them when he needs to be.

Also' date=' a true private eye will want a vehicle a little less flashy than a classic T-Bird. Tailing someone unnoticed is pretty hard when your car is effectively unique.[/quote']

True, but he can rent a nondescript vehicle when he needs to. The T-Bird is his calling card, when he goes to talk to persons of interest and deal with clients. He's clearly not a "low-profile" kind of PI.

The Wolf is just screaming to have some female antagonists, like a Professional Rival who is a beautiful female detective on the police force, or one of his Watchers is a beautiful female crime boss of some kind.

Yes, he could seduce the detective woman, for example, but she'd be at it trying to outdo him in solving cases the next day.

The Wolf is just screaming to have some female antagonists, like a Professional Rival who is a beautiful female detective on the police force, or one of his Watchers is a beautiful female crime boss of some kind.

Yes, he could seduce the detective woman, for example, but she'd be at it trying to outdo him in solving cases the next day.

Well, the character is the protagonist in a trashy detective novel I never finished writing(all in all, 150 pages is pretty good, though). And there was a tough, beautiful female detective on the police force, there to bust his chops (and maybe do a little hard-edged flirting, too). He has a beautiful femme fatale ex-wife who actually tried to kill him on their wedding night, a sex-buddy friendship with a woman who works as a social columnist/gossip aggregator for the local paper, and a Noble Gangster Chinese Triad boss contact (Fat Tiger, who he fought to a draw in his last match as a pro kickboxer) who he pays to protect his ex-wife while she's in prison and whom he periodically spars with(a rivalry of sorts). He dislikes guns, but figures a lot of people only respond well when you wave a big one around. He's a lousy shot with it, though, preferring to rely on his kickboxing skills and fast talking to get him out of a jam.

Other things of note: Both of his parents were of mixed ancestry, and in the book he is of an indeterminate ethnicity. Hints are dropped here and there, but it's never explicitly spelled out. If a series was made out of it, I'd have them switch actors every season, just to make peoples' heads explode.

Well, the character is the protagonist in a trashy detective novel I never finished writing(all in all, 150 pages is pretty good, though). And there was a tough, beautiful female detective on the police force, there to bust his chops (and maybe do a little hard-edged flirting, too). He has a beautiful femme fatale ex-wife who actually tried to kill him on their wedding night, a sex-buddy friendship with a woman who works as a social columnist/gossip aggregator for the local paper, and a Noble Gangster Chinese Triad boss contact (Fat Tiger, who he fought to a draw in his last match as a pro kickboxer) who he pays to protect his ex-wife while she's in prison and whom he periodically spars with(a rivalry of sorts). He dislikes guns, but figures a lot of people only respond well when you wave a big one around. He's a lousy shot with it, though, preferring to rely on his kickboxing skills and fast talking to get him out of a jam.

Other things of note: Both of his parents were of mixed ancestry, and in the book he is of an indeterminate ethnicity. Hints are dropped here and there, but it's never explicitly spelled out. If a series was made out of it, I'd have them switch actors every season, just to make peoples' heads explode.

His backstory is just filled with Unresolved Sexual Tension issues. are any of the characters you mentioned going to get write-ups?

His backstory is just filled with Unresolved Sexual Tension issues. are any of the characters you mentioned going to get write-ups?

Yeah, I'm going to do a writeup for the ex-wife, and for his associate. The cop could probably use the Hard to Get Babe writeup, with some additional points for higher physical stats, detective skills, contacts, martial arts, and a handgun. I could write up Fat Tiger, though the character as conceived was considerably less of a womanizer than the Wolf. Consider their combat stats similar, and shed most of the talents(he'd have a level or two of SA, Charm, and a couple other things, though--he's a relatively suave and debonair crime boss). Hadn't thought of a female crime boss--perhaps a Latina?

I had originally conceived of the character as the James Bond of private eyes. He's almost the "mature adult" equivalent of harem manga/anime(most harem heroes are in their teens or early 20s, and rarely "close the deal" with any of the women(or men--there are reverse harem manga/anime as well) competing for them).

For the Hard To Get write-ups, could a limitation be allowed on some of their resistances and protections against seduction powers that they are only effective against the opposite gender?

For the Hard To Get write-ups' date=' could a limitation be allowed on some of their resistances and protections against seduction powers that they are only effective against the opposite gender?[/quote']

Making them seducable by the same gender?

Lucius Alexander

If I had a nickel for every palindromedary tagline....