Bizarre Crimes for Any Genre

John T

I was perusing the Genre-Crossover Nightmare thread and, apropo of nothing, I started trying to recall some of the more bizarre crimes (successful or not) that I've used in various games (Hero or otherwise). As it's not quite 4:30am here, I'm certainly not recalling all of the ones I've thrown my players with, but two that really stood out in my memory were:

• Attempt to steal the Rocky Mountains (and if you didn't guess Foxbat was the one that dreamed this up, you should be poked :P)
  • Serial Vivisectionist and Re-Animator (for a short-lived [pun intended] Lovecraftian Justice, Inc. game)

Curious to see what other "not exactly on the legal radar" type crimes various GMs have dropped on their hapless players. :D

Re: Bizarre Crimes for Any Genre

There was the time where it seemed like someone stole everyone's sewer service. In one Shadowrun-type campaign long ago where some magical entity succeeded in stopping all the sewers, all over town, all at once, keeping it that way for days. At the time there was a recurring theme in our group, where every campaign (and we had a bunch) was having the PCs down into the sewers to have a fight, and this one was one of the bigger fights.

A Clown-like supervillainess team kidnapped several PCs and forced them to play a superhero version of the Dating Game.

A group called the Lollipop Guild showed up to try to kill an immortal NPC hero, in order to collect their "gold points and experience pieces".

A villainous alien kidnapped dozens of prominent human females to recruit them into his harem, because "Lord Marzz needs women."

Hmmm... Time Traveling "Supervillian"* kidnaps people.

It turns out, he was kidnapping them a instant before thier death**, and storing them in suspended animation in order to preserve them for repopulating the Earth after the 'collapse'***. The heroes discovered people disappearing without knowing the circumstances, and assumed he was Up To Something.

*He wasn't evil, just misguided, you know.

**A split second before hit by a car, right before they were shot by a mugger, that sort of thing.

***'Collapse' was implied as being caused by nuclear/biological war.

Turns out there was a novel or movie with a similar/identical plot. I always wondered if I had read it and forgotten it, or what.

Actually I had a villain once' date=' an inventor with gravity-based gadgets, who was trying to steal the moon so he could give it to his girlfriend.[/quote']

Where would he have put it?.. :confused:

I know! Put it in orbit around the Earth - right where she can look up and see it on any clear night!

Lucius Alexander

The palindromedary adds that if you do that, no one will ever even figure out that it was stolen!

Hmmm... Time Traveling "Supervillian"* kidnaps people.

It turns out, he was kidnapping them a instant before thier death**, and storing them in suspended animation in order to preserve them for repopulating the Earth after the 'collapse'***. The heroes discovered people disappearing without knowing the circumstances, and assumed he was Up To Something.

*He wasn't evil, just misguided, you know.

**A split second before hit by a car, right before they were shot by a mugger, that sort of thing.

***'Collapse' was implied as being caused by nuclear/biological war.

Turns out there was a novel or movie with a similar/identical plot. I always wondered if I had read it and forgotten it, or what.

The movie was Freejack, with Emilio Estevez. The far superior book was Immortality, Inc., by Robert Sheckley.

Also Millenium based on Air Raid.

People are getting kidnapped before their plane crashes with fake bodies being left behind in the debris.

CES

Millenium was the novel I read, and made into a movie by a actress I liked/thought was hot, but it seems I've deleted the movie from my memory but still remember the book.

Was the movie that bad?

I still like the idea for a villianous plot.

Didn't Foxbat once steal the Transporter set from Star Trek in a effort to kidnap people, not realizing that it was just special effects?

Millenium was the novel I read, and made into a movie by a actress I liked/thought was hot, but it seems I've deleted the movie from my memory but still remember the book.

Was the movie that bad?

I still like the idea for a villianous plot.

Didn't Foxbat once steal the Transporter set from Star Trek in a effort to kidnap people, not realizing that it was just special effects?

I can't tell you how bad it was. Cheryl Ladd and Kris Kristoferson were the stars.

CES