Changes at Hero

archermoo

Re: Changes at Hero

This is unfortunate. But not too surprising considering the economy, the publishing industry in general and gaming industry in particular.

Good luck to Darren and Steve. Thank you for your hard work and dedication. I will continue to support the product line - just bought some more PDF versions of the game system.

I support the system no matter who's in charge, but this is a great blow to the company and a tough knock in the face in general. I'm going to miss those guys, even though we sometimes disagreed, as people do. Good luck to them. May they find great things whereever they go.

In other words "Holy !@#$$!!!, I'm stunned for INT!"

What do we do now?

Well, like a phoenix, Hero shall rise, that's what we do now. As players, we continue to play. As gamers and gamemasters, we continue to game. As a talented freelancer, I continue to write.

King of the Mountain should be available at DunDraCon. Will it be my last Hero System product? I sure hope not.

It's not about getting knocked down, true believers.

It's about getting back up.

It's not about getting knocked down, true believers.

It's about getting back up.

Automatic Breakfall: Flight 0m, Position Shift, Trigger (Activating the Trigger is an Action that takes no time, Trigger resets automatically, immediately after it activates, Character does not control activation of personal Trigger; +3/4) (9 Active Points); Limited Power Only to return to an upright and ready position (-1 1/2), Instant (-1/2) Real Cost: 3

Lucius Alexander

I just get back on the palindromedary

Wow. I'm not really sure where to begin.

It saddens me immensely to know that Darren and Steve will be leaving (or at least not nearly as involved with the company) - you two have done so much to bring us quality ideas for so long (and been friendlier and more helpful than anyone could have hoped for in the process), I can't even begin to thank you.

I think I speak for everyone here when I wish Steve, Darren, Jason, Tina, and anyone else with Hero Games all the best, and hope for a bright future both for them and the company. We love you guys!

Absolutely gutted, I have been doing some Gaming with the Mongoose staff in the UK and trying (very busy work life and family) to get a herogames session started there, as I believe it is one of the best RPG's on the market. Trouble is we need to inject a lot more people into the hobby to create a vaible market

All the best for the future guys and thank you for many many hours of truly enjoyable gaming (fan & customer, since Champions 2nd edition).

Every edition has just made the game better and I know this has been more of a vocation than a career for you both.

Regards

James Lothian

What more is left to be said? I prefer to believe this is a transition rather than an ending... though it does put me in mind of something Asimov once said.... Life is pleasant. Death is peaceful. It's the transition that's troublesome.

In any case, all the best to the folks leaving and those still at Hero. You have all done an amazing job keeping us all entertained.

Sincerely,

Mark Weems

My brain insisted on parsing that as' date=' "...it's about getting knocked up." :help:[/quote']

(Total: 24 Active Cost, 1 Real Cost) Summon 8 1-point creatures, Inherent (+1/4), Persistent (+1/4) (24 Active Points); Extra Time (9 Months, -6), No Conscious Control (-2), 32 Charges which Never Recover (-1 3/4), Requires A Roll in the Hay (6- roll; -1 3/4), Side Effects (Side Effect affects both character and potentially at least one other person; Frequent, Incompetent DNPC if successful; -1 1/4), Side Effects (9 Months of gradually increasing sickness and debility as the host of the Summoned being's most parasitic phase; -1), Side Effects (Roll 2d6, apply that many dice of attack to Summoner (Gradually, sadistically, over a matter of hours); -1), Antagonistic Violent (-3/4), Restrainable (Only by means other than Grabs and Entangles; -1/4), Required Multiple Users (Summoner and at least one appropriately equipped person) (2 people; -1/4) (Real Cost: 1)

Lucius Alexander

Palindromedary Hero