Your "2012" Pet Gaming Projects

TheQuestionMan

Re: Your "2012" Pet Gaming Projects

Start running Masks of Nyarlathotep' date=' as soon as the Companion comes out. Keep running [i']Rogue Trader : Behind Mykybe's Veil[/i]. It'd be nice to play in an RT game too, hopefully one of more serious tone, but it seems unlikely to happen :/

RU converting it to Hero?

Do you plan on using any other of the ancient CofC scenarios on the side?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Plan to start GMing again this year, probably starting with a little zombie apocalypse mini-campaign, then doing a supers game.

Still working on the ESSE Project(Eros System Sexth Edition), a sourcebook on all things romantic, erotic, and sexual for Hero System. No idea when I'll be done.

Also working on a guidebook for running Epic supers campaigns--nearly 60 pages written so far, hope to have a finished product that's around 300-400 pages(depends on how long the writeups section gets).

If I'm able to get those two projects finished by mid-year, I'll be open to doing some more free pdf books for Hero. Maybe I can help out on that Mecha Hero/Hero System Mecha sourcebook NuSoardGraphite keeps talking about. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Posting Hero Designer output to the forums is pretty easy... just use an export template that is setup for forum posting... then copy and paste the results into a post...

I just did a new forum posting template, you can read about it and see the output here: http://www.herogames.com/forums/showthread.php/88429-Forum-Posting-Template-Using-Tables

I tried this template and it is excellent! Thank you for sharing this with the community. :)

Unfortunately, the forum where my circle of friends and I post on is powered by phpBB and this template doesn't work there. :(

Going to rest my Champions campaign for a while and start running a Star Wars HERO campaign, starting out shortly after the Battle of Yavin and the destruction of Death Star I.

When I get tired of that, I'm thinking of a Star Trek HERO game. Got the great fan-produced material from (Shadocat? I think...).

When I get tired of that' date=' I'm thinking of a Star Trek HERO game. Got the great fan-produced material from (Shadocat? I think...).[/quote']Eodin I believe. I recently tried to download the same material, but Starherofandom.com keeps throwing back warnings about malware.

My pet projects in 2012.

1) To buy enougth HERO Games books to allowe me to be conifent in writing something for HERO or an affiliated game company.

2) To write something for HERO or an affiliated game company. Right now I have HERO System Basic Rulebook, APG 1 and 2, and HERO System Martial Arts. What I am planing on writing is a 'magical girl' style Champions adventure, and an soursebook on the original org Orochi.

Chances are, I'll be sumiting the same 'to do list' in 2013. So don't hold your breath, folks.

My pet projects in 2012.

1) To buy enougth HERO Games books to allowe me to be conifent in writing something for HERO or an affiliated game company.

2) To write something for HERO or an affiliated game company. Right now I have HERO System Basic Rulebook, APG 1 and 2, and HERO System Martial Arts. What I am planing on writing is a 'magical girl' style Champions adventure, and an soursebook on the original org Orochi.

Chances are, I'll be sumiting the same 'to do list' in 2013. So don't hold your breath, folks.

Keep in mind, more than half of what you write will have little to do with knowing game rules or mechanics(flavor text, character and setting backstory, etc.).

I'm hard at work fleshing out my Pulp Noir game set in San Francisco. I've done a fair amount of research into what the Bay was like in the '30s and it'll be interesting to see how the whole thing goes. I'll be running with players that are mostly new to HERO, so I think the lower-powered nature of a pulp will help them learn the ropes.

My go date is set for the first weekend in March. There will probably be room for more research, etc., but I'm afraid of loosing my momentum and their interest if I don't get a little something to the table by then.

The events of the campaign will begin in 1933 a little before the ground-breaking of the Golden Gate Bridge. As stated before, the game is set in San Francisco. The characters will be masked avengers. (I find it interesting that know one has taken The Shadow/Guy with Guns niche.) I intend for the game to have a little of everything - Mobsters, Fascists, Cultists, Mad Scientist, etc.

I'm still fishing for an good campaign name, so if you have any good ideas, feel free to post them.

• 4 months later...

Publishers need a license for it, AFAIK. I've spoken with a few licensed SW publishers, and there's been interest, but no solid commitment yet. OTOH, the ones most interested don't yet have a license to publish SW products, but they're working on it.

I'll probably go with one of the latter, if they get licensed. Sort of a "let the mountain come to Moses" situation.

Update: Blackwyrm's gonna do it. Demos of the new version are scheduled at GenCon, but mostly sold out. I'll try to add another one for "Savage Saturday Night". But this is veering into off-topic territory for this board because it's not really Hero stuff at all.

My gaming projects for 2102, in order of personal importance:

1. Finish off the writeup for my current Harn campaign. About 90% done with writing at this point. After that, try to find some free art on the web to include, and finish off the future timeline chart.

2. Finish my Galloway's Grenadiers storyline for Battletech. 10,879 words so far, and about 7,500 to go. More a history of the unit and battle synopsis than anything else - not a short story or novel. Once I have all the details worked out, I hope to try writing a short story. Unfortunately, plot is my strong point, not script. Conversation is the worst.

3. Start the writeup for a second Harn campaign. Whereas the first is highly detailed in a small area of one kingdom, the second will be wide-ranging, and cover major events in three kingdoms. Most of it will be from the view of a bishop or earl, not a knight or peasant.

4. Start writing a comprehensive historic overview of my super hero storyline. I know all these events that have happened or that I want to have happen. Not so clear on the exact order though....

Halfway though the year...how have I done?

1. Finished, and published to the web. Still adding to it, as it really is a never-ending project, but at least something is out there. For those that are interested, it can be downloaded at http://www.lythia.com/2012/04/nuem-campaign/.

2. Haven't finished the storyline, but am up to 42,000 words or so, and the end is in sight. It went from 7 years to 26, 4 mech pilots to 15 pilots plus tanks and technicians, and added in some romance and character development to all the combat arcs, among other things I hadn't originally planned. Once this outline is done, I'm going to go back and start writing actual short-story type snippets.

3. This one has stalled completely. I have a little of the background timeline down, and a general idea of how the war goes, but nothing else.

4. Not even started this yet, and unlikely to do so this year. I've done a little editing here and there, and created several new characters, but no campaign work.

5. Been spending serious mental energy lately on a Fantasy Hero campaign. One of the design goals is to bring the classic AD&D v1 feel of dungeon crawls, abandoned castles, and common levels of magic to FH. It is setting-lite, as it is being written for friends that mostly refuse to do anything but dungeon crawls and think roleplaying is a waste of time. Still, loads of roleplaying potential for those that want it. At this point it looks as if I'll have enough material to make a workable product by the end of the year. Whether I get around to writing any of that down is another matter entirely.

• 1 month later...

Hero-wise; Continue to update/finish/polish my Else Earth Supers. I may rekindle the "Hero-A-Day Thread" on Jan 1, 2013. I clearly have more than 365 heroes for Else Earth now

Otherwise, I'm a keen Pathfinder enthusiast and thanks to the excellent Hero Lab software (my second fave after HERO Designer), and Pathfinder's Advanced Race Guide - I've been merging my Pathfinder and World of Warcraft Loves into an Azerothean Pathfinder campaign; set some time after the Cataclysm has been corrected. I've noticed that Pathfinder has taken some of the video game tropes of MMOs and made this eminently possible.

How is Hackmaster different than D&D ?

The "first" edition of Hackmaster was basically AD&D reskinned to resemble the game described in the comic. Mostly playable, some of the add-ons were cool, some wern't.

The new edition of Hackmaster is a whole new game (Kenzer's AD&D license ran out) designed b the guys at Kenzer. I've not played it, but I've read bits and pieces of it. It looks interesting.

Not a Hero system project, but I've been thinking about a Fate system version of Shadowrun. Don't think I'll be done until 2013 though.

• 4 weeks later...

I finally got my Urban Fantasy Champions setting going early this year. Mostly original stuff seeing where the characters take me, but I've converted a modern Cthulhu scenario (and it probably won't be the last time) and am currently running an M&M scenario (Time of Vengeance) I very loosely converted. The group has a demon-blooded empath, a legacy martial artist, a half-vampire vampire hunter, an orphaned jinn, a person with an intangible mystic orb in their chest, a good-looking flesh golem, and a Scottish demi-god. It's something I had in mind for some time and I'm fairly pleased with it: an Urban Fantasy setting where the critters take advantage of comic-book tropes to operate more openly. In a way it's simultaneously open magic and secret magic: you can fly all you want, but there's a conspiracy to keep the fact that it's magic a secret.