Fictional cities

L.Craig

Re: Fictional cities

Of course' date=' any cultural information about a place through any travel books and such would probably have to change to account for the existence of super powered and super scientific beings walking about.[/quote']

Possibly, but not necessarily. If the campaign is starting with the PCs and others being the first supers, for example, the travel books wouldn't have to be adjusted at all at the outset.

Of course' date=' any cultural information about a place through any travel books and such would probably have to change to account for the existence of super powered and super scientific beings walking about.[/quote']

Only if the super science is generally available to the public or the super beings are extraordinarily influential for some reason. That would depend on the campaign you're running.

Guest steamteck

Im just wondering from gms when you guys use a fictional city(that you created) for a campaign' date=' do you guys create a history of the city, or do you guys create it as you play the camapign.[/quote']

A combination of both. I start with afairly basic history which gets more elaborate as I play.

Im just wondering from gms when you guys use a fictional city(that you created) for a campaign' date=' do you guys create a history of the city, or do you guys create it as you play the camapign.[/quote']

I favor the fictional city approach - with familiar bits. My default super-setting is Neptune City, which is based loosely (and sometimes recognizably) on Norfolk, VA.

I favor the fictional city approach - with familiar bits. My default super-setting is Neptune City' date=' which is based loosely (and sometimes recognizably) on Norfolk, VA.[/quote']

There's advantages to that, too. If you have someone who's pretty familiar with a real world city, and you decide to add a new building or structure or neighborhood, they may pipe up and say, "that isn't possible, that area's already got X there" or somesuch. But if it's loosely based on a real city, then that's less of a problem.