Car Shark, Asylums, Eldritch horrors and Fell's Point: A couple questions

Alleyne

I've been pouring over the old "Widows and Orphans" PDF and The Asylum books.

Some pretty good stuff, I have to say. While reading these two, I kept thinking of HP Lovecraft's new England and then my mind jumped to the Qilophic* (can't spell it worth a damn, or remember how to save my life) realm, I know no genre mixing to that scale but still ><

Point, point...I do have some questions

I keep wondering about Toddbury asylum. Which is mentioned a few times in the Dark Champions books, and it seems kind of like a stand in for Arkham, but I can't seem to find much more info on it besides its brief mentioning (I'm a fairly lazy GM, I know, and I like the meta setting a lot :P) and I wonder if anything with a little more meat will ever be written about Toddbury...? I love the Costumed Crimefighter-Animated subgenre so Toddbury keeps popping in and out of my head.

Fell's Point is very intriguing and I'm also wondering if there is ever going to be more info on it, or is the Widows and Orphans book and the Asylum book going to be it? Lots of neat stuff.

One last thing though...Whether through my own lack of proper investigative skills, or some other conspiracy...I can't seem to find a character sheet on the Card Shark any where. I have Dark Champions, Dark Champions:TAS, Hudson City, and the Predators book and I can't seem to find him..

Any who, have a lovely week, everybody!

Re: Car Shark, Asylums, Eldritch horrors and Fell's Point: A couple questions

I knew I should have stayed up 15 minutes more to sift through the books to find that Shark...grr.

I just ordered the old copies of Justice Not Law, Hudson City Blues and Underworld Enemies: I'm hoping there is more stuff about the things I'm looking into in one of those books :) and if not, entertaining reading, and it'll give me something to do when converting from 4e to 5 and then to 6. Hah!

Having all the original issues of The Dark Champions line, at one point The Asylum was going to be Toddbury Asylum but was left unidentified for DMs to personalize it their way. I have both and to me the Asylum was a nod to Arkham Asylum from Batman with a nudge to Lovecraft in the eerie atmosphere. Fells Point was (I beleive) before Bluudhaven in Nightwing and a lot darker than any Dark Champions issued to that point. I still use the Clown Posse to harrass my players, but I have given them a work together skill in combat. That pisses off the heroes.

Having all the original issues of The Dark Champions line' date=' at one point The Asylum was going to be Toddbury Asylum but was left unidentified for DMs to personalize it their way. I have both and to me the Asylum was a nod to Arkham Asylum from Batman with a nudge to Lovecraft in the eerie atmosphere. Fells Point was (I beleive) before Bluudhaven in Nightwing and a lot darker than any Dark Champions issued to that point. I still use the Clown Posse to harrass my players, but I have given them a work together skill in combat. That pisses off the heroes.[/quote']

Hehe. When I was GMing for my group in 09 I had a particularly well leveled Motley Crew of Hero Cop-Commish Gordon types and a few plucky costumed crime fighters. They kept pissing and moaning to me that they wanted some curve balls in terms of combat and plot...so I gave Card Shark and His lieutenants (and added a few that I came up with myself, I came up with three.) Work Together. They weren't very happy with me when they observed, in their imagination, Black Jack holding them down while One Eye Jack jabbed his cane into the jugular of their loving crafted, played for over three months, character >_< at that point as most of them were dead/dying half way through their attempt to break in to the Warehouse; I felt bad so I just Deus Ex Machinaed my way out of it so that **some** of them lived. That was the last game I GM'd for a while :P

Any who: Yeah, The stuff in Widows and Orphans reminded me a little bit of White Wolf's World of Darkness. Shame that there probably won't be a Fell's Point source book any time soon.

Having all the original issues of The Dark Champions line' date=' at one point The Asylum was going to be Toddbury Asylum but was left unidentified for DMs to personalize it their way.[/quote']

That confirms what I'd assumed. Thanks much!

I have both and to me the Asylum was a nod to Arkham Asylum from Batman with a nudge to Lovecraft in the eerie atmosphere.

Oh, absolutely. Good call.