What point level is your champaign?

phydaux

Originally posted by phydaux

Geez... Am I the only guy in the WORLD who still plays 250 point characters?

I mean, I can fit decent stats, contacts, lots of skills, a few perks, a base and vehicle contribution, a 12 DC attack and decent defense and movement powers into 250 points no problem.

Phydaux, see my post above. I still run 250 point heroes with the average of 12 DC attacks. I do have a few heroes who are near or over 400, but some are still close to the starting total of 250. I have to admit, some of these other guys campaigns seem over the top. I mean, come on, 750 points and up for characters? Yikes!:confused:

Originally posted by Acroyear II

I mean, come on, 750 points and up for characters? Yikes!:confused:

Come on now... :)

In my case the characters have been played for 10 years or so, and the players still like them, and still want to play them. Nothing wrong with that.

Points are a guide for what you want.

I read and enjoy the JLA, Avengers and the legion of Superheroes. If I run a game, there are times I want that feel. You can't do these kind of heroes easily on 250; expecially for how they interact with the environment- One recent JLA plot had the team powerhouses dragging the moon through the upper atmophere for friction to nail white martials (IIRC) with Flash and some mystics keeping the tides under control. If that is the feel you are after well then.....

Exactly.

The 'feel' we're aiming for in our current campaign is an Avengers/JLA thing. We *want* Firewing to show up looking to prove something vs. our toughest member, because he's tough enough to have even odds of winning. We *want* to take on Doctor Destroyer in mortal combat, something that no team of starting heroes can realistically hope to do without major NPC backup. We want to have the fate of the world on the line when we roll out to answer the call, and we want to have backstories that are integral parts of the historic cusps of the game world.

Kinda hard to do that on 350. *g*

Originally posted by Chuckg

Exactly.

The 'feel' we're aiming for in our current campaign is an Avengers/JLA thing. We *want* Firewing to show up looking to prove something vs. our toughest member, because he's tough enough to have even odds of winning. We *want* to take on Doctor Destroyer in mortal combat, something that no team of starting heroes can realistically hope to do without major NPC backup. We want to have the fate of the world on the line when we roll out to answer the call, and we want to have backstories that are integral parts of the historic cusps of the game world.

Kinda hard to do that on 350. *g*

Yep. ditto from me.

Plus, well, look at all the Champs books out so far. There are too darn many Powerhouse/Fight the whole 350 point team Supervillians for me to list easily.

So, where are the equivalent heroes? Shouldn't somewhere in the universe there be a hero that's survived long enough to earn 1000 xp?

The major players in the world. The world breakers/world beaters.

Just for the good guys, not the bad guys.

I can create one of the most tricked out combat monsters you've ever seen with 250 points. He's much more versatile, if not more powerful on 350. At 800 points, he's somewhat more powerful, and yet more versatile. At 1600 he's able to compete on a level with anyone.

Because that's what we want to play.

With great power comes great responsibility. With even greater power comes even greater responsibility.

Some people like playing that way. Some people don't. Some people haven't even tried. Those are the ones I feel a little sorry for.

Because Cosmic Supers can be a ton of fun, with the right group.

After all, the LSH had Superboy, Supergirl, Mon El and Power Boy all as members at the same time.

D