Blip final version

Beast

Re: Blip final version

1 if I had the point I might have

the character really is only using the Unified powers limitation so points are a bit tight

2 the field may just open a portal to somewhere else and does not drag stuff through

So a fist,club,knife goes in but comes out as the attack clears her body

Or the attacker is just teleported slightly so the blow is either glancing or misses

This could apply to a grab she has not brokken it yet but the grabber just cannot apply all his strength

3 A EDM damage shield is something i don't think most GM's would like

at best I might get away with it as an active attack

just for balance I'd have the EDM as a pocket universe that is shrinking and dumps anybody in it back where they came from(blind safe)after an hour or two

So why can't Teleport sometimes include damage shield? This one doesn't. but others could.

How do you teleport part of a bullet away any more logically than part of a fist, spear or knife?

Does resistant protection prevent you being Teleported now? I guess it should be an NND killing attack damage shield!

Would you link a Fire HA and a Fire Shield together? They're still separate powers, even if they act together.

Beast seems pretty regular, so that's one. As noted previously, I prefer to build the powers I envision, not copy the ones that are already published. And there is some published stuff I would probably deny.

Beast, maybe she can also Teleport EDM, so you should make that Damage Shield EDM, UAA so anyone without Teleport powers of their own gets shunted off to the Negative Zone on contact.

1 for Blip to do reflection she would just opes a portal for the attack to enter and an other for it to reenter(behind the attacker would be the most desired)

2 her area attack is NON-SELECTIVE which means she would have to roll hit to everybody

that would include any hostages that the agents might be holding right next to them at knife/gun/ etc... point

She would have to use disarm instead so long as they are OAF weapons(oops how did i get these wallets ,cell phones and purses)

I'm not going to say it isn't a great agent buster, because it is IMHO

But it can be defeated

how many can justify reflect ?

perhaps electricity with electrical magnetic fields

I understand that deflect reflect requires an action so perhaps extra speed

just don't count the power defense for the drains vrs the unified effect

Selective Area if Effect attacks can make agent battles pointless /!\

1 I might have bought a damage shield

But at a minimum cost of 11pts for a 1 pip damage shield(points are tight)

It does not add a lot to the character who has a CvsK(do I defend my self or do I possibly kill or main my attacker)

You are assuming that anything entering the teleport field/gate/portal HAS TO GO THROUGH

Why can't it be like opening a door or window in the attacks path

some of the damage gets through because it got there before the field/gate/portal fully formed and shunted the rest away

Yep working the damage backwards

Some damage get through, THEN the rest is stopped

it could just mean that lighter attacks are reacted to faster than heavier attacks(damage, not wt or size)

Your right I did ask for comments and you gave them,thank you

I'll rep you for that

but for me your thinking is too narrow

I would use Stargate Universe as an example ,where 1 character has his arm in an active gate and was not pulled through(his fully functional arm was on the ship)

Now your sterotyping teleporters

11 pts Teleport damage shield: RKA 1 point, Persistent (+1/4), Area Of Effect (2m Surface; +1/4), Constant (+1/2), Reduced Endurance (0 END; +1/2), Penetrating (x2; +1) (17 Active Points); Limited Power Power loses about a fourth of its effectiveness (no damage vs attacker with teleport powers; -1/4), Unified Power (-1/4)

Sorry I am now totally confused now. You agreeing with what I said but telling me I am wrong???

My theory of a teleport shield is you teleport the damaging aspect away. Bullet hitting teleport shield BANG its force and mass gets teleported away to another point away from the target (or in pieces) (up to the PD of the shield any thing that is over gets through onto target). This is easy for ranged as destroying the ranged bit has no effect on the firer (unless it is recoverable charges and I would deal with that as it happens).

Hitting someone with a fist or a club. BANG bits of fist or club gets teleported away. But in Hero that does not happen as it is attached to the person / is held by the person so cannot. So either we say energy is only teleported away and I am not happy with that. Someother people may be happy with that and no one has come forward with an official hero or villain build like that so most of the writers for HERO do not think of teleport shield without a side effect. So the logical thing is to have damage shield to inflict damage to simulate bits of hands flying off or breaking the club etc.

His GM may be happy with the HTH PD / ED HTH SFX with it and so are you.

But teleporters tend to be harder to hit not increased PD / ED from HTH teleporting shields. They may get it from other things but not a teleport HTH away power.

My balance for punching a teleport shield is it has a damage shield connected to it. Therefore you punch the teleport shield BANG hitter takes XD6 killing damage reduced by resistant PD (possibly with armour piercing or NND or penetration etc) and then the PD on target takes effect.

I am saying this teleport shield should have damage shield linked for HTH. And a similar effects should be done with fire shield. But other GM's do not have to.

This build seems to be "I want this power effect and I want the SFX to be teleport" but the teleport SFX is not the logical effect to mimic those powers for HTH.

I like my games to have logic behind the powers. Obviously other GM's are more flexible but that is their choice in their game.

He wanted comments on this build I am putting over my thoughts to go with your thoughts on other aspects of the build.

If this was my player I would say this teleport shield is not logical to teleport HTH. To make it more logical you will have to add damage shield so adding costs. Or you can think of another way to get your PD / ED and see if you can get it cheaper etc.

But these are for a more logical scientific super hero game and may not be suitable in more flexible games.

Sorry I am now totally confused now. You agreeing with what I said but telling me I am wrong???

I'm saying that you're trying to impose your vision of the character over Beast's. Why should your design preferences take precedence over those of the player who will actually run the character? If the GM wants total creative control, he or she should consider writing a novel instead. Good games are collaborative.

My theory of a teleport shield is you teleport the damaging aspect away.

Then build YOUR teleporting character's shield in accordance with your theory. Beast's teleporting character should follow his theory.

Bullet hitting teleport shield BANG its force and mass gets teleported away to another point away from the target (or in pieces) (up to the PD of the shield any thing that is over gets through onto target). This is easy for ranged as destroying the ranged bit has no effect on the firer (unless it is recoverable charges and I would deal with that as it happens).

So what happened when all the BOD damage of the bullet was resisted but some of the STUN got through? He only teleported part of the bullet away?

Hitting someone with a fist or a club. BANG bits of fist or club gets teleported away. But in Hero that does not happen as it is attached to the person / is held by the person so cannot. So either we say energy is only teleported away and I am not happy with that. Someother people may be happy with that and no one has come forward with an official hero or villain build like that so most of the writers for HERO do not think of teleport shield without a side effect. So the logical thing is to have damage shield to inflict damage to simulate bits of hands flying off or breaking the club etc.

Please show me THAT build by "the writers for HERO". The Hero System I remember says I can build any character I can imagine, not any character they imagine and see fit to publish.

I like my games to have logic behind the powers. Obviously other GM's are more flexible but that is their choice in their game.

I think Beast's posts below cover the logic off pretty well. But please do share with us how Teleportation works logically. A cite of real world physics experiments that can be duplicated in the classroom would be ideal in this regard.

If this was my player I would say this teleport shield is not logical to teleport HTH. To make it more logical you will have to add damage shield so adding costs. Or you can think of another way to get your PD / ED and see if you can get it cheaper etc.

He could certainly just buy extra PD/ED/Resistance. Why should he be forced to? Hero divorces mechanics from SFX. A rubber science explanation consistent with any other comic book power (like a Brick who can lift a battleship doesn't sink into the ground up to his knees, say) should be adequate. Unless, of course, we want that Hard Science explanation of how you can teleport in the first place.

Like Beast, I find your thinking too narrow for a Supers setting,

3 A EDM damage shield is something i don't think most GM's would like

at best I might get away with it as an active attack

just for balance I'd have the EDM as a pocket universe that is shrinking and dumps anybody in it back where they came from(blind safe)after an hour or two

Well, I think most GM's will accept the defensive field you wanted in the first place. But for a GM who is hung up on "teleport can't defend like that", the EDM Damage Shield is much more consistent with the power suite's SFX, don't you think? "I teleport through extradimensional space - this just leaves the target half way there." I wouldn't allow it due to the balance issue, but then I'm OK with a defensive teleport screen.

2 her area attack is NON-SELECTIVE which means she would have to roll hit to everybody

that would include any hostages that the agents might be holding right next to them at knife/gun/ etc... point

She would have to use disarm instead so long as they are OAF weapons(oops how did i get these wallets ,cell phones and purses)

I'm not going to say it isn't a great agent buster, because it is IMHO

But it can be defeated

Even if it were selective, so the character has an effective power? I'd like to think all the characters will have effective, interesting powers. Does it make agents ineffective? Well, they can always spread out over a wider area, can't they? If they delay, they can even attempt to Dodge the attack (and the ones who weren't in the area can now fire on the teleporter). And I'd like to think a handful of agents won't be a huge threat for a 400 point Super!

Watch how well the same agents deal with an Invisible opponent...25 AP would buy decent Invisibility (or +5 DCV, or +13/+12 defenses - good luck, Agents!)

As I said my suggested builds were for my games.

A starting teleporter could start out with a damage shield and it removed and turned into full PD / ED with experience and character development.

My teleporter has a VPP and if he wanted to go all defencive I would allow him some PD / ED but with damage shield.

My comments about writers not picking this sort of teleport shield before it is not in the 6th Champions Powers (there is for a ranged one) and I have scanned the teleporting characters in the 6th Champions book and 6th Champion campaign and 5th CKC's and have not seen this high PD / ED defence. The famous ones are I think Tackyon (do not have my books) who is just super tough and Cheshire Cat who I think has combat luck. If there are I must have missed them or they are in other books.

Yes anything can be built from any special effect. But to stop over lapping to much with other special effects I prefer to have my teleporters fast, hard to hit and with lots of gimicks. Well this is how my player wants to play it (I had to talk him in to taking an attack power!).

I do not see teleporters as secondary bricks. But anyone else can if they would like to.

Martin2

your tone to me, was more that your doing it wrong

and that is the great thing about the Hero system I love

you have many ways of doing the same thing and none of them is wrong ,just a different way of doing it

I went as did some changes to Blip the final version go to the top and see

I put the area attack in her MP and made it area selective radius 8m limited range(max combat t-port range)

and made 3 slots 1 for strike leg sweep and disarm

with the extra points I bought her portal viewing

Portal viewing: Penetrative with Sight Group (15 Active Points)

she is just opening a portal to view through things

later w/ exp I get telescopic on it

I will attach the HDC file to the first post

they really are just dull spoons

Blip is just really good with them

When Steve had KA's go back to the all Str adds to KA damage vs you may only match the AP of a HKA w/ Str,he in effect made HKA's a 5pt adder to convert

Now if a GM wants to go back to the 2nd- 5th ed KA rule I'm fine with that

even at 5pts they could be made of Unbelieveium or Questonite

or I get them at Big lots a set of 12 for 5.99$

• 2 months later...

the power places them together

the effect is a building of energy then release creating tsunami kind of shock wave pushing everything out from the center

it is objects of opportunity so no focus lim

the stuff is destroyed so I could not use somebody else's focus

Not sure what exactly the "Slow Explosion" is doing, SFX-wise. If she's teleporting two different objects (presumably, either things she carries with her or objects of opportunity) into the same space simultaneously to cause the explosion, then I'd think it would have a Focus limitation on it.

Does said power do anything to the objects that are trying to occupy the same space at the same time?