Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Guest Celt

Dragon*Con 2012 Hero Games meetup

Re: Dragon*Con 2012 Hero Games meetup

That sounds sensible.

"...friends or other devices"? just sounds funny.

Anyway, my old phone won't handle the app, so I'm hoping they'll still be doing Daily Dragons.

That sounds sensible.

"...friends or other devices"? just sounds funny.

Anyway, my old phone won't handle the app, so I'm hoping they'll still be doing Daily Dragons.

Oh, I'm sure they will keep printing those for a while yet. I just wish they would (could?) post them in strategic locations, behind (plexi)glass. That way, if they run out and you didn't get one, you can still see what it contained.

Oh' date=' I'm sure they will keep printing those for a while yet. I just wish they would (could?) post them in strategic locations, behind (plexi)glass. That way, if they run out and you didn't get one, you can still see what it contained.[/quote']

That's a good idea.

I think the best they could do, though, is keep a copy for the use of the folks in the info booths, so they could at least show you what's what if they run out of copies.

Guest Celt

FYI I asked and have had it confirmed they are working on a function which allows mirroring the info from one device to another, so my workaround will prove unnecessary.

If it's not too late' date=' I'd like to make it Archer+5. Another friend replied late yesterday.[/quote']

I have not made the reservation yet. We are 13+Thag (if he responds). I'll make the reservation this week.

Guest Celt

Pocket Program and Schedule Grid PDFs Now Available for Download

The title says it all. The 2012 Dragon*Con Pocket Program/Schedule Grid PDFs are here!

2012 Dragon*Con Pocket Program

2012 Dragon*Con Schedule-Grids Only

To save these files to your hard drive, right click and choose “Save Link As” or choose the “Save” icon in the bottom right corner of the document when it opens.

These will also be uploaded to the mobile app under “Show Documents” for your convenience.

Guest Celt

Gaming Guide PDF Now Available for Download

Gamers, get yer 2012 Dragon*Con Gaming Guide PDFs!

2012 Dragon*Con Gaming Guide

To save this file to your hard drive, right click and choose “Save Link As” or choose the “Save” icon in the bottom right corner of the document when it opens.

The Gaming Guide will also be uploaded to the mobile app under “Show Documents” for your convenience.

Won't be gaming this year. The friend I'll be guiding around won't be into it.

In other news, scheduling conflicts.......scheduling conflicts aplenty.

Good to hear you are introducing a friend to DragonCon, sorry to hear that it will be affecting your (presumably) preferred activities.

Conflicts as in wanting to be in two (or more) places at once at the convention? Welcome to the club. :)

Good to hear you are introducing a friend to DragonCon, sorry to hear that it will be affecting your (presumably) preferred activities.

Conflicts as in wanting to be in two (or more) places at once at the convention? Welcome to the club. :)

Thanks. He's been once before (and I was his guide then, too); the con's just a bit big for him to to get in one go. The goal this year is to get him to be able to get to the Con Suite on his own.

It wouldn't be a Dragon*Con without wanting to be in multiple places at the same time. My max is five; another friend once had seven.

Getting to the ConSuite is easy. Generally easier to get there via the stairs then trying to catch a Hyatt elevator (nigh impossible) to go up the one floor from the lobby.

The DragonCon app really helped me with those conflicts last year -- I'd suggest giving it a try.

I quit using the Hyatt elevators a long time ago due to crowd issues. I've only ever used the stairs for the Con Suite.

I've heard from friends about the app helping with schedule conflicts - alas, my old phone can't handle it.

Guest Celt

FYI if anyone is looking for a good party Saturday night the Whedon track is throwing a shindig. Last year's Browncoat Redemption wrap party was such fun, the folks at the Time Travelers Ball bailed theirs to come to ours.

Saturday September 1st 10:00 PM – Westin Peachtree Ballroom A-F

Mighty Fine Shindig

Dance the night away on Persephone and planets beyond!

Guests: Pandora Celtica, Marc Gunn

Guest Celt

A warning about the Dragon*Con app. I've noticed some of my scheduled events changed to other events at the same time. Maybe this is due to some sort of database update since I originally scheduled them. Double check your listings.

Guest Celt

How do you know they didn't attend both? :winkgrin:

:lol:

Guest Celt

Sitting in First Class Amtrak Club Acela, waiting for train to Atlanta, very happy we did the upgrade.