Are there ANY good plant/wood powers names?

CrosshairCollie

Re: Are there ANY good plant/wood powers names?

The Horticulturist

Shy flower shop owner by day... shy superhero by night. His super tough bark armor protects him from energy blasts and his vine whip is a terror on the battlefield! His Miracle Grow spray causes vines to entangle his enemies in mere seconds while his Poison spray can bring the toughest foe to his knees.

A few years ago, I wrote up a character called Verdana who possessed plant-based powers.

Her origin was something like Ultra Man's (a character from a late 60s / early 70s Japanese

live-action sentai series), in that she was a human being who was near death when a dryad

from the Land of Legends -- who also happened to be a distant relative -- found her and in-

fused her essence with that of her human cousin, thereby not only saving her life, but grant-

ing her superpowers as well.

Major Tom 2009 :cool:

so many good names you can't see the trees for the forest

You could even say there are "planty".

I think that works better if the closing Bracket is part of the URL:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nature_Boy_(comics)

The Horticulturist

Shy flower shop owner by day... shy superhero by night. His super tough bark armor protects him from energy blasts and his vine whip is a terror on the battlefield! His Miracle Grow spray causes vines to entangle his enemies in mere seconds while his Poison spray can bring the toughest foe to his knees.

Remember, you can lead a horticulture....

• 2 weeks later...

Outside of Poison Ivy' date=' I can't even think of a good one that's already taken ... and I'm trying to come up with one. Anybody have any thoughts?[/quote']

Ummm...Evergreen, Oakborn, Kudzu (southerner for sure..) ?

• 2 weeks later...

Looking at Chlorophyl on Wikipedia I had another idea:

Blackleaf

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chlorophil#Why_green_and_not_black.3F

Basically a plant that would be Black would be able to absorb far more light from energy and it is biologically possible to do this. But most plants still ignore most of the visibile lightspectrum and reflect most green light (this is why we see them green).

So Blackleaf is a genetically engineered plant being, who has the "better" black chlorophyl and disdains any other plant creature on the planet. If he he has any green collored "sisters and brothers", he propably looks down on them as well. Of course that disdain does not needs to apply to human or animals (after all, they aren't plants).