Steve

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

I have been patiently waiting for the reveal at the end of Turning the Tides since November 3rd, 2010, when Dante mentioned on his blog that he had recorded an episode of the new series.

I got a bit choked up when they revealed who his new character was.

Totally worth the wait :)

Regarding the picture, very nice. It captures the era and characters well.

I have to admit, Korra's era of the Avatar 'verse makes for a very good Pulp Hero/Urban Fantasy Hero setting. You could picture Korra walking into a private detective firm being run by the two brothers.

"I knew the dame was going to be trouble, with her no-nonsense manner and deep blue eyes. She was tough, no doubt about it. But she was also a woman with a problem, a big one."

That sort of dialogue. :)

I have been patiently waiting for the reveal at the end of Turning the Tides since November 3rd, 2010, when Dante mentioned on his blog that he had recorded an episode of the new series.

I got a bit choked up when they revealed who his new character was.

Totally worth the wait :)

I hadn't heard about it, so I was pretty jazzed when I heard his voice :D

Well' date=' he wasn't ONLY comedy relief. By the ed of the series, he was a brilliant inventor, tactician with a sword that could cut through anything. [/quote']

I remember that plan he had to attack the Fire Nation during an eclipse. It was idiotic. Dumbest thing I've seen. Chance of success was zero.

I remember that plan he had to attack the Fire Nation during an eclipse. It was idiotic. Dumbest thing I've seen. Chance of success was zero.

Completely disagree. If it wasn't for the secret bunker it would have been successful.

Completely disagree. If it wasn't for the secret bunker it would have been successful.

I'm sorry did you say that it would have been successful if it wasn't totally dependent on the location of a single individual even though the plan contained no way to ensure that they'd know where he was in the right 15 minutes? Well I'm not sure it would. When Ozai was finally defeated, that was the end of the war because the only remaining heir had in fact come on board with the gang by that point.

Meant to say "could" not "would". My bad. It might not have ended the war that moment, but Ozai would have been dead/captured and we all saw how well her daughter handled leadership. Zuko finally stood up to his father at that exact same time. We don't know if he would have gone the evil seek revenge route or not at that point. Even if it didn't end the war it would have been a huge victory on the Fire Nations home soil that would not have been possible at any other tim, disorganized the Fire Nation, probably resulting in a pulling back of troops for defense making the day of the comet a much smaller threat than it already was. Their father and dozens of veteran soldiers agreed with the plan. If you still have a huge issue with it than blame the writers not the character. Within the framework of the show it was supposed to be a good plan making use of a singular opportunity that failed do to (arguably) unforseeable circumstances.

Just watched episodes 11 and 12. I'm hopeful they can keep up the pace for the next story arc. This is definitely an interesting show.

You can totally tell that they weren't sure that they would get additional seasons :sneaky:

And I was wrong about the identity of Amon...

You can totally tell that they weren't sure that they would get additional seasons :sneaky:

And I was wrong about the identity of Amon...

I admit I was surprised at the reveal.

The question is, where do things go from here?