Steve

Re: Avatar: The Legend of Korra

The question is' date=' where do things go from here?[/quote']

Not really sure, but I assume it's big ;)

We're getting 14 episode's for Book Two (I assume it Water) and I know the gang wil be spending some time outside of Republic City. Beyond that not much else has been anounced and we can only speculate:

- Just because Amon is dead, doesn't mean that what he started is over. That the Equalist movement got that much traction at all indicates an incredible degree of social unrest. It's probably not going to vanish overnight, though I assume they will focus on different issues at least for the immediate future.

- Korra still has to master Airbending, enter the Spirt World and master the Avatar State before she's considered a fully realized Avatar. So I presume she'll still be training with Tenzin for the forseeable future.

- I assume we'll get a new councilmember to replace Tarrlok. Gotta avoid those deadlocks. Not sure if it will be somone from the Northern Watertribe again. In fact, if I had to guess a Republic non-bender will get voted in.

- Of course, with them being outside of Republic City for at least some of Book two, we may not see all of that stuff even if it's happening.

- Assorted relationship drama, since it's a staple of the series. We have a lot of single characters and I doubt Korra and Mako are going to be smooth sailing the whole way, especially if Asami isn't willing to let go.

- Plenty of opportunity to explore the past. Lot of unanswered questions out there. We'll probably see more of General Bumi and General Iroh, especially if Republic City continues to be in disarray and needs the military there for security. I also assume at some point we'll meet Tenzin's older sister Kya. We don't even know how Aang died yet. I still want to know who the hell is Lin Beifong's father? General Iroh is Zuko's grandson, so I wonder about his parents too. And will we ever know the truth about Firlord Zuko's mother?!?!

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

One thing I was wondering about...

she healed Lin Beifong's Earthbending. Presumably, she will heal other benders that Amon severed. What if a non-bender came to her to be "healed"? Would she make them benders, or just see there was no severed connection to heal?

But overall, I was wondering where it would go from here. I think it was the most complete first season I've ever seen, like the end of a movie or mini-series.

Oh, there was a second thing...

we never saw a body, just the explosion. Is he really gone?

Since the original plan was for 12 episodes and then done, the pacing seemed okay to me. If they had known they were going to get 26, things could have been spaced out a bit more and explored the city a bit.

I have to admit, there's a lot of character exploration that can be done with this group. Iroh has the potential to get pretty involved with Team Avatar.

I hope more of the past is revealed about the old team.

What if a non-bender came to her to be "healed"? Would she make them benders, or just see there was no severed connection to heal?

Well, that would certainly change the political climate, but I think it would disrupt the balance she's meant to maintain.

we never saw a body, just the explosion. Is he really gone?

Most likely.

The body thing probably doesn't matter so much here. Even with all the death in the first series you never really see the bodies. It's still a kids show afterall.

Also, no one actually saw him die so the drama of his return wouldn't have quite the same impact.

However, he's a REALLY powerful bender, literally surrounded by an ocean of his chosen element and it would be a very pulp thing to bring him back at some point.

Well, that would certainly change the political climate, but I think it would disrupt the balance she's meant to maintain.

Most likely.

The body thing probably doesn't matter so much here. Even with all the death in the first series you never really see the bodies. It's still a kids show afterall.

Also, no one actually saw him die so the drama of his return wouldn't have quite the same impact.

However, he's a REALLY powerful bender, literally surrounded by an ocean of his chosen element and it would be a very pulp thing to bring him back at some point.

I do like how she tangled with Tarlok, and he was powerful waterbender and could bloodbend without a full moon, then it turned out

he was the runt of the family.

Oh, and remembered two other scenes that I really liked,

General Iroh alone in the crow's nest throwing fire against the oncoming planes, and later the whole extended scene with him in the plane throwing lightning at the other airplanes and then falling from one plane to the other. Well done.