Recreating Magic from the Manga Fairy Tail.

BhelliomRahl

I'm a big fun of the Manga Fairy Tail and want to recreate some of the magic for my game.

Most of the Magic is realitively easy to recreate, most of it is just SFX:

Types of Magic:

Dragon Slayer Magic: Gain abilities similiar to a dragon of a peticular element and enhanced physical characterisics. Also able to eat own element to heal and regain strength.

Element Magic: Manuipulation of a particular element.

Equipment Magic: Use magic to enchance weapons and armour, also to attack with magic using the weapon as a medium.

Transformation Magic: To transform one appearance

What I would like some help with is this:

Requip Magic: The ability to summon from a pocket dimension different equipment. In the case of clothing/armour it appears worn. The limitation of this is that the user must of stored the relevent equipment there before hand.

Take Over Magic: This ability allows the Magician to transform parts or all of his body into that of a animal, beast, demon, etc. which they have assimilated in the past. This means defeating in battle or just touching. Again I think this is just SFX for part transformations and was thinking Multiform for the full take over.

Any ideas on creating these magical abilities.

Re: Recreating Magic from the Manga Fairy Tail.

I don't know the series (yet), but I give it a try:

It sound like this is one of the cases where a VPP with Multiple Skill Rolls (Dragon magic Skill, Element magic skill) is a good way.

Or maybe one VPP per magic type and allow them to buy multiple magic types with the 5 point doubling rule?

Requip Magic:

This could either be the Extradimensional Space (APG II 27).

Or maybe buying off the Focus Limitation.

It could just as well be that the character has the Skill/Advantages to recofigure his "Magic Equipment VPP" in combat (without one it takes one Minute out of combat).

Take Over Magic:

Sound similar to a mimik VPP, with wider allowances.

Well for a start dragon slayer magic grants VERY high defenses against that element. Natsu is said to be totally immune to fire magic, while it's possible that there is someone or something in that world that can hurt him with fire, you don't every see it. I'd say a MINIMUM 30rED (against fire only, Hardened *2)

Requiping effectively is either a multi-form, Multipower or a VPP with the limitations that each different set of powers is visibly different. Erza requips instantly but it's noted that she's faster the bad guys ever saw. Presumably requipping is takes a segment, 1/2 phase or even full phase for most people who can do it. We never hear how Erza got all this stuff and it's never said that she spent a whole lot of money on it, so it might be created by her. Having over 100 armor (and god knows how many swords, dozens are seen AT ONCE) seems kinda expensive.

Well for a start dragon slayer magic grants VERY high defenses against that element. Natsu is said to be totally immune to fire magic' date=' while it's possible that there is someone or something in that world that can hurt him with fire, you don't every see it. I'd say a MINIMUM 30rED (against fire only, Hardened *2)[/quote']

We see that Natsu is effected by Fire attacks used by a God Slayer. Probaby build Dragon Slayer near immunity as Resistant Damage Reduction 75% - Fire Only and 10rED vs. Fire Only. (Possible remove the Vs Fire only and make it an absolute effect rule)

Requiping effectively is either a multi-form' date=' Multipower or a VPP with the limitations that each different set of powers is visibly different. Erza requips instantly but it's noted that she's faster the bad guys ever saw. Presumably requipping is takes a segment, 1/2 phase or even full phase for most people who can do it. We never hear how Erza got all this stuff and it's never said that she spent a whole lot of money on it, so it might be created by her. Having over 100 armor (and god knows how many swords, dozens are seen AT ONCE) seems kinda expensive.[/quote']

Had the same thought myself. 'Where does she get those wonderful toys' Always wondered why other people can't get armour like hers and have power similiar to hers. Although from what I have read I believe that the armour and weapons need magic power channelled into them to power the effect and she also uses her Sword / Knight Magic to enchance the offensive and defensive quailities of her equipment. So possibly only someone with the talents and magic power of Erza can handle the equipment.

Think I will make the armour as a VPP with 1/2Phase Combat change but leave requires a magic Roll to change Armour.

Brings me to another point. Would want to require the user to expend endurance to maintain the armour but not a massive amount. Is there any reason not to allow me to do this:

Defensive Ability - Cost Endurance 1 per Turn (paid Segment 1) (-1/4 Limitation).

Brings me to another point. Would want to require the user to expend endurance to maintain the armour but not a massive amount. Is there any reason not to allow me to do this:

Defensive Ability - Cost Endurance 1 per Turn (paid Segment 1) (-1/4 Limitation).

Yes, it's way too insignificant for Cost Endurance.

The closest -1/4 Limitaitons is "Costs Half endurance to Maintain", your idea is a big step down.

If you want the "Dispelled on Stun or K.O.", use "Non-Persistent (-1/4)" instead. Resistant Protection cost no endurance by default, so a non-persistent version also cost no endruance by default (but most people take "Cost Endurance to Maintain")

Yes' date=' it's [i']way[/i] too insignificant for Cost Endurance.

The closest -1/4 Limitaitons is "Costs Half endurance to Maintain", your idea is a big step down.

Their is the option of a -1/4 limitation 'Costs Endurance to Activate'. So in effect the character is paying the End to activate the power and again each segment 1 to maintain it. Why I suggested the limitation as a -1/4 only. Basicly I am increasing the limitations on the Power but not reducing the cost further. I don't think this will break the system.

We see that Natsu is effected by Fire attacks used by a God Slayer. Probaby build Dragon Slayer near immunity as Resistant Damage Reduction 75% - Fire Only and 10rED vs. Fire Only. (Possible remove the Vs Fire only and make it an absolute effect rule)

I only saw the anime so obviously they haven't got up to that bit.