5th Edition Pulp Hero vs. waiting for 6th

Bradeep

I'm interested in Pulp Hero, and had read somewhere there was going to be a possible 6th edition release sometime this year. However, given everything that's been going on, is this remotely possible? If not, I saw a used copy for 5th edition I could purchase and convert if necessary. If I go with the latter option, how hard would it be to use the material? Thanks.

Re: 5th Edition Pulp Hero vs. waiting for 6th

I'll second Beast's recommendation. There shouldn't be a lot of stuff that actually needs converting, by the way. Most of the book is a how-to guide for the various sub-genres. Most stuff should be usable as-is, or with minor tweaks.

JoeG

I'm interested in Pulp Hero, and had read somewhere there was going to be a possible 6th edition release sometime this year.

I can't speak for the company officially, but personally I'm aware of no such plans. In fact, to the best of my knowledge there never has been any intention of publishing a 6E PH. So waiting would likely be futile.

Fortunately, however, some of the "conversion" work's already been done for you. The guns and Weird Tech gadgets from PH are included in The HERO System Equipment Guide for 6E.

I can't speak for the company officially, but personally I'm aware of no such plans. In fact, to the best of my knowledge there never has been any intention of publishing a 6E PH. So waiting would likely be futile.

Fortunately, however, some of the "conversion" work's already been done for you. The guns and Weird Tech gadgets from PH are included in The HERO System Equipment Guide for 6E.

Perhaps I misunderstood something about the releases; thanks for the clarification. I already have the Equipment Guide so I'll go ahead and get the 5th edition PH.

Appreciate the help.