Who died in the 'Who Will Die ?' story arc

death tribble

Re: Who died in the 'Who Will Die ?' story arc

Technically, the Who Will Die storyline is City of Heroes and not Champions Online, so it doesn't belong here.

That being said, I never got to play more than the first part of the story arc and I'm curious about it myself.

What's really funny is that they killed them off but still have them in missions they were in, and didn't have them replaced on the task forces they give when the released the parts that they died in. It was a good story arc, but poorly executed within the over all world view of the game.

What's really funny is that they killed them off but still have them in missions they were in' date=' and didn't have them replaced on the task forces they give when the released the parts that they died in. It was a good story arc, but poorly executed within the over all world view of the game.[/quote']

That's too bad

Actually they have now replaced Statesman and Sister Psyche where they were standing in the open world giving missions. So yes - technically there is no Statesman Task Force or Sister Psyche's Task Force anymore. (though the old Task Forces - and badges! - can still be accessed through the Ouroboros Time portal zone.)

What WAS the Statesman Task Force is now given by Ms. Liberty. It's more or less the same Task Force (but called something different now, with a few minor detail points changed. I can't recall the name off the top of my head at the moment.)

(Which is a touch odd since she's now standing in Atlas as a trainer but ALSO in Independence Port as a Task Force contact. But that's hardly the weirdest thing I've ever seen in an MMO. All the Task Force givers were ALSO standing in Base Trident as well. *shrug* It's basically assumed that when you're looking at an NPC in one location in the game that they just aren't at the other location. Magic time-bending MMO bendy wendy timey wimey...)

Sister Psyche's Task Force has been completely replaced. Penelope Yin is now aged a couple of years and is now a legal adult and the youngest member of the Freedom Phalanx in Sister Psyche's place. (And I have to say - her costume is VERY COOL.)

As a Task Force contact she now gives out the Penelope Yin Task Force, which awards a badge and counts toward the Freedom Phalanx TF Commander badge in the same manner that the old Sister Psyche Task Force did.

It's actually a MUCH tighter, and more fun task force. It runs fast, has good plot elements. And it actually is a follow-up to the events of the old Sister Psyche Task Force.

Just to re-iterate - the old Task Forces that were handed out by Statesman and SP can still be run from the Ouroboros system.

I imagine there was a few months of lead time between the time that Statesman and SP died and the time they were removed from the game in order to give players every opportunity to tie up loose ends and run the task forces before they were officially removed. I know my supergroup ran the Statesman and Sister Psyche TFs several times in the final week before the change-over. Mostly with our newer characters in order to get the badges and all. And as a final "goodbye".

Usually events in City of Heroes seem to have that kind of delay. As in - there will be some major event, but it will be the NEXT issue release of the game where the actual effects are made permanent in the game world.

Time is strange in MMOs.

Lunch time doubly so. :D

There's been some speculation that Matt Miller was removing the last vestiges of Jack Emmert from the game, since Statesman and Sister Psyche were both characters that he created personally. But that logic tends to fail when you realize that the characters still exist as elements of the history of the game world and you can still see them and access their missions through Ouroboros. In other words - they were not "Stalinized" from the game the way that the 5th Column originally were back in 2005.

There's been further speculation (and fan requests) to have prominent statues of Statesman and Sister Psyche as part of new Zone revamps further down the line.

They're talking very seriously right now about revamping Kings Row and it's a given that Steel Canyon will be updated to the newer, shinier look. In Blyde's Square, where Positron and Valkyrie hang out, there is an ENORMOUS statue there of some unknown hero with goggles. That same character design as a statue appears in Peregrine Island and the (former) Galaxy City.

Perhaps that statue could be replaced with one of Statesman or Sister Psyche? (Or both?)

Anyway - nothing concrete there (rim-shot!) just speculation.