The Good and Bad about Marvel and DC

Cassandra

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Re: The Good and Bad about Marvel and DC

My version of Batgirl. Height and Weight are Silver Age.

Best live action version Yvonne Craig. Best animated version Batman The Animated Series.

Not a lot of candidates for the live action version. Yvonne Craig or Alicia Silverstone. That's not a difficult choice. :)

Marvel The Good: Getting back onto TV, taking the Movie Screen by Storm.....

Marvel the Bad: Putting DJ Phat Joey Q and the Unholy Trinity in charge of that stuff......

DC The Good: Flashpoint, a Reset that actually used tools within the Continuity to reset Continuity. Not being afraid to reset it when it needs to be done.

DC the Bad: Resetting Continuity at the drop of a Hat, but NOT keeping Thomas Wayne around who was one of the best takes on Batman in the last 20 years.

~Rex

What I learned from The Dark Knight Rises.

1) Don't trust women.

2) The Federal Government doesn't consider a city held hostage with a Fusion Bomb something that requires immediate action.

3) They stopped doing background checks at Wayne Enterprises.

4) Most of life's problems can be solved with a high velocity cannon.

I think that DC is jealous of Marvel's Continuity, and Marvel is jealous of the popularity of DC's characters.

There is a documentary in the 1966 Superman DVD cartoon series which someone said if you were in Thailand and watched TV there was a 90% chance you new who Superman was. Batman, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc. all have become cultural icons around the world.

Marvel has popular characters, too, but they are still not at the same level as DC's.

DC, on the other hand, keeps rebooting their continuity ever few years because they keep writing themselves into corners.

• 2 weeks later...

Good about DC

Young Justice - Nice use of existing characters. Team seems very professional. Hoping for Supergirl appearance.

Huntress - Helena Wayne is back and pretending to be Helena Bertinelli. Nice we get the original, but does make those Batman: The Brave and the Bold moments a bit awkward.

Good about Marvel

Ghost Rider Movies - I haven't seen them, but think it's nice that they give Nicholas Cage a chance to act with his real head instead to the computer animated one he's used all these years.

Good about Marvel

Ghost Rider Movies - I haven't seen them, but think it's nice that they give Nicholas Cage a chance to act with his real head instead to the computer animated one he's used all these years.

Just spit Dr. Pepper all over the monitor at work. Thanks and Repped.

How did George screw her up? He's the one that originally tried straightening out the character's origin issues with Who Is Donna Troy?

Sadly, Byrne got in there somewhere and we ended up with Who Is Donna Troy This Time?

Ah, yes...

John "Let's get rid of everything great George Perez did with Wonder Woman" Byrne.

Y'know, there was a time when I actually liked John Byrne. Then I figured out, it was actually Chris Claremont and Terry Austin I REALLY liked about Claremont, Byrne and Austin.

Guest steamteck

Ah, yes...

John "Let's get rid of everything great George Perez did with Wonder Woman" Byrne.

Y'know, there was a time when I actually liked John Byrne. Then I figured out, it was actually Chris Claremont and Terry Austin I REALLY liked about Claremont, Byrne and Austin.

I kind of found the opposite myself when Byrne left the Xmen. Lots of folks pile on him for for me his "crimes" pale into insignifcance compared to most others offenses and his virtues seem pretty strong to me.

Good about Marvel: Jimmy Woo, Agents of Atlas

Bad About Marvel: Burying brilliant property in the name of running with the mainstream in the hands of Bendis and the like......

Good about DC: Firing Rob Liefeld....errr...allowing him to quit.

Bad About DC: Being retarded enough to hire Rob Liefeld in the first place.

~Rex ....Good about Valiant Comics: Delivering what the Fans want. Bad..... Nothing yet, but would like to be able to directly subscribe from them.

Good about DC: Superman.

Bad about DC: Superman.

Good about Marvel: No Superman.*

Bad about Marvel: No Superman.*

Yes I believe all of the above. Superman is one of my favorite superheroes, but sometimes I don't like the way he dominates DC. Other times, I'm glad that he's DC's go to, true blue good guy.

What can I say? I'm complicated. :)

*Sentry, Gladiator, Captain America, Hyperion, and Thor don't count IMHO.

Good About DC

The Art of Kingdom Come - Fantastic, but all the women did seem to have the same basic look.

Bad About DC

Kingdom Come - So we're to believe that in the future all the super villains in the DC Universe are dead or retired, and all the super offspring are behaving like gangs blasting away at each other without anyone attempting to intervene just because Superman retired?

That Checkmate, the Suicide Squad, Task Force X, The Department of Extraordinary Operations wouldn't step in overtly or covertly?

That Batman would let things like this go one for a decade without organization the Outsiders?

That Wonder Woman, Green Lantern, Flash, etc., would just guard their own little regions and let innocents be harmed?

I mean, did these gangs just fight outside Gotham City or Central City?