[New Product] Champions Complete

Jason S.Walters

Re: [New Product] Champions Complete

I read about this books imminent release on RPG.net and I'm excited for it. It's gotten me juiced and excited to come back to Hero System and now I'm going to be collecting many of the 6e books.

Which will not suddenly become obsolete when Complete is released. There will still be a lot to be added to a campaign with judicious application of the special rules in the core and even in the Advanced Player Guides. I wonder if there might actually be a market for APG 3, actually, especially if Complete takes off.

Hey' date=' the Champions Complete cover has two supers fighting on the cover, like the original Champions did way back in 1981! Bringing back the classic vibe, baby! :winkgrin:[/quote']

Ah, nice, I get it now. It is well done, I love the water effect. Can't wait to see it full size. ;)

Hey' date=' the Champions Complete cover has two supers fighting on the cover, like the original Champions did way back in 1981! Bringing back the classic vibe, baby! :winkgrin:[/quote']

I would have expected/preferred something reminescent of the BBB (more team action against a villain instead of one on one action) but I like the textures and movement of the picture. Well done!

Which will not suddenly become obsolete when Complete is released. There will still be a lot to be added to a campaign with judicious application of the special rules in the core and even in the Advanced Player Guides. I wonder if there might actually be a market for APG 3' date=' actually, especially if Complete takes off.[/quote']

Heck yes! Bring on a APG3! Like my "deadly" modifier to AVLD/NND (a lesser form of Does BODY, it does body damage only when there is to STUN to damage, much like a Choak Hold.)

And I can think up a lot more stuff to add in. But the powers that be would have to go over the list and say something about if it is a, b, or even no go.

And I still can't wait for Champions Compleat. Please get to the printers before September 30th, so I could order it by Haloween and enjoy before Cristmass.

The FLGS's around here would like that as well. They're getting a lot of requests for the book and most of them thought HERO vanished as a company back when they stopped being able to get the 6e Vol1 and Vol2 books......

So. Need Book. Need it Yesterday.

~Rex

Other then one Store around here I haven't really been that impressed with a FLGS in this area. They all pretty much turned into the Fine Local We Can Order That For You Store instead of putting a bit of effort into moving the product and stocking what folks want. Things like Game Fests and Demo's, Delving into the trends and watching the Industry flows, that sort of thing, all help a lot. Gaming areas are also pretty helpful too.

Ah well. That all being said, the interest for this book around here is pretty intense. Some dates would help fuel that interest a bit more.

~Rex

The problem with deadlines is their tendency to whiz by with things not quite done. I've personally experienced this as an author and publisher, so I know how it happens. So unless you have the resources of, say, Paizo, your ability to release game material exactly on time might be questionable. (And even Paizo appears to occasionally have issues....)

Other then one Store around here I haven't really been that impressed with a FLGS in this area. They all pretty much turned into the Fine Local We Can Order That For You Store instead of putting a bit of effort into moving the product and stocking what folks want.

Just thinking out loud here: If you put the name and address (and phone number) of these game stores in the Retailers We Love thread (under Company Questions), you'll give Jason a chance to contact the stores directly and work-out any issues those stores might have with Hero Games or its products.

I'm not saying it's a guaranteed win for Hero Games, just that it gives them a chance to market directly to stores that might be on the fence about Hero products. Every little bit helps, I think.

• 3 weeks later...

Well, my wife and I just pre-ordered our copies at FRP Games -- one each, naturally -- plus a new set of dice for each of us to help commemorate the occasion. (We both got Chessex Scarabs; mine are royal blue with gold, and hers are jade with gold.)

FRP Games lists the book as having a planned release date for October 30th. (Here's hoping!)

Really excited about this book....

When Jason puts it up, I guess. Personally I'd think it's not likely until product is in the warehouse, or at least on a truck on the way. Which would mean around Oct. 30ish. (Personally, I'm still wondering what was demoed in Sacramento today. The timing is about right for a preview of Champs Complete.)