Duplication follow up

Hugh Neilson

Question

Please slap me down if this is a stupid question - and it may be.

To the question

If the Duplication power is adjusted (Drain, Aid, etc) does this effect already created duplicates?
, you responded "No". I think I get that as far as it goes. However, as Duplication is Persistent, if it were Drained to 0, would any Duplicates then disappear, as they would if Multipower points were shifted?

It seems like Drain or Aid on Duplication (or Summon) would be a pain in practice, as it would change the point totals of the Duplicates/Summonees requiring new character sheets, but that should clearly be addressed by the GM when allowing the adjustment power itself. If drained to 0, neither power would be required to recover to full in order to be used, would it? (ie it's not like Desolid or other all or nothing abilities).

Let the slapping begin [cringes]

1 answer to this question

Re: Duplication follow up

Just to rephrase so everyone (including me!) is clear about the question:

Q: If Duplication or Summon are Drained to zero points, do they have to recover to their full value before they can be used (like Desolidification, as described on 6E1 138-39), or can they recover “incrementally,” allowing for the creation of Duplicates or the Summoning of beings built on less than the full Total Points the power normally allows for?

A: As a default answer for simplicity’s sake, treat Duplication and Summon like Desolidification for the purposes of Drain — they have to recover in full before being used. If the GM wants to allow incremental recovery, he certainly can, but it’s up to him to recalculate the value of character sheets and what have you as necessary. ;)