Cyber Hero (4thEd) any good?

tal

Can anyone let me know if the 4th Ed. Cyber hero is worth getting? I can't find any reviews of it and can't peruse a copy to see if I would like it. Basically how are the builds for cybers and any other comments you can let me know about the book would be appreciated. Is the book worth getting for $10?

Re: Cyber Hero (4thEd) any good?

It might be good to use as a basis, and build off of, but I'm not sure how useful it was as-is. It had quite a bit of errata (which I can't recall where it was printed ... maybe in an issue of Adventurer's Club?), but it was mostly in points computations, which isn't a huge deal. I also wasn't real fond of the way they did cybernetics, but again, that's easily changeable.

For ten bucks, probably worth a shot. :)

I liked it for its archetypes, and general character creations stuff( skills, disadvantages, etc). Not that I couldn't come up with that stuff on my own, I justr liked the ease of it. Never used its "Decking" component, however.

I used its equipment and cybernetics extensively, but I have to give the nod to Kazei 5 for those elements. Its just an overall better book for what I would use it for, which was not anime but was definitely cyberpunk.

I thought it was pretty decent.

It was during the period when Iron Crown was publishing, though, and a lot of the stuff appeared to be converted from I.C.E.'s "Cyberspace" game.

Not bad.

Indeed, it was the 4th edition Hero version of "Cyberspace". Campaign information was completely taken from Cyberspace and just given a Hero System Makeover. Cyberspace is a good sourcebook for a huge list of Cybernetic enhancements and ready-made-weaponry and equipment. It's worth a look for those GM's interested in running Cyberpunk and/or Space Opera campaigns.

I liked it for its archetypes, and general character creations stuff( skills, disadvantages, etc). Not that I couldn't come up with that stuff on my own, I justr liked the ease of it. Never used its "Decking" component, however.

I used its equipment and cybernetics extensively, but I have to give the nod to Kazei 5 for those elements. Its just an overall better book for what I would use it for, which was not anime but was definitely cyberpunk.

Yeah, I've got both of them too. Although the 4ED one is stuffed away in a box somewhere. I would give the nod to Kazei 5 if you want Hero Cyberpunk.