Addign Dice to Energy Blast

Wildcat

Question

Steve,

Been looking for the 'Official' way to do this.

If a character has 12d6 and wants to add +4d6 to it (Like a Nova Blast 16d6) How can I make this power whithout making the Power 16d6 with the last 4 having some Lim (like x End or Charges) (It's in a MultiPower that doesn't have the AP to fit the 16d6 Attack, and the Nova part would be coming from another MP)

If I do it with a Linked Power then the defender gets to apply his Def twice. and That's not what I'm looking for.

The Power HA for some reason is able to add up with other HAs (say bought through Foci), with Martial DCs, and STR for what could be an unending amount of Dice of Damage, but EBs seem to be stuck at PUSHED for their Max.

Example:

Brawn is winding up to take out Master Villain X. He's got a STR of 50, a Martial Strike (w/Weapon Element: War Maul), the war-maul (4d6 HA) and his mage buddy has cast a spell on the head of the maul that gives him an additional 4d6 of HA. Now, all that adds up to 20D6 of damage. (We're assuming that he's not haymakering or doing a move-by or both).

Sparky has a 12D6 EB and decides to push so he can help out his buddy, Brawn. He pushes and all he's got is 14D6 EB, that's all the help he can muster. There's nothing more he can do, no manuevers (short of a haymaker) to add DC's. Where as Brawn up there can just keep staking on HA's till the cows come home.

WC

1 answer to this question