Announcement: The Monster Hunter International RPG!

Re: Announcement: The Monster Hunter International RPG!

I'm almost of a mind to ask whether or not there's gonna be Hero System game for the Grimnoir setting, too.

We haven't discussed that with Larry, though I certainly wouldn't mind doing one. Let's see how the MHI RPG does, and then we can make future plans. ;)

• 2 weeks later...

whindoes the kickstat go into effect

The plan is to start it October 1. However, we may be delayed by a couple days because we need to get a video clip from Larry, and he's still busy with his book tour/recovering from his book tour. If we don't hit that date it shan't be long thereafter.

We'll broadcast the word near and far when it goes live. :)

• 2 weeks later...

I'll admit, I've always been intimidated by HERO but have been intrigued with the flexibility of the system and wealth of material out there. I've also been a huge fan of MHI novels and continually find myself saying "Damn, there needs to be an RPG for this!" after I finish each book. When I heard that HERO was bringing Larry's world to tabletop life, it was the final push I needed to try out the system. I picked up a copy of tthe 6th Edition Basic Rulebook (which is a great introduction to the system) and joined the forum. I'm really looking forward to the Kickstarter for the MHI book and also trying the HERO system for other genres.

Not just "any day now" -- now! :)

The Monster Hunter International Employee's Handbook And Roleplaying Game

Come on over, support the project, and get some great rewards! :)

Pledged at enough to get the Book and PDF! Lets see some real support for this product. The books are fun and would be a fun world to play a RPG in.

If I can work it out' date=' what I may do is concentrate on the rules stuff first, then let playtesters chew on that while I write the rest of the book. That would probably be the best compromise among all the factors we have to take into account.[/quote']

I (and perhaps Paul, too), would be interested in a playtest if you decide you need one.

-Laura

That should help bunches. Unfortunately I noticed that there's a Deluxe Werewolf WoD 20 Year Anniversary Kickstarter just beginning now too; hope Kickstarter doesn't get too over-saturated with game stuff and we start poaching each other's pledges.

Just a thought on stretch goal rewards since this is taking off so fast:

What about some PDF intro modules as stretch goal rewards? Even just short one pagers, or short session ones?

I know that was one of my areas of interest anyway and personally I think that'd be an awesome bonus and help folks be able to dive right into the game when they get it.

If you want a nefarious business like approach, you later compile the stretch goal reward modules and see them later to folks who didn't get in on the Kickstarter :eg: So no work is wasted. Supporters get an early boon, and folks later can still get them but for purchase.

That should help bunches. Unfortunately I noticed that there's a Deluxe Werewolf WoD 20 Year Anniversary Kickstarter just beginning now too; hope Kickstarter doesn't get too over-saturated with game stuff and we start poaching each other's pledges.

Hard to say how that will work out. The Werewolf game is doing very well. Robin D. Laws has recently started a drive that's gotten a lot of attention. There seems to be new tabletop RPG kickstarters every week. MH is still progressing pledge-wise though, so that's a good sign.